Options

Help remembering an old freewere game

Greg343Greg343 Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been trying to this old freewere game that was a bunch of fun. It had really blocky 3D graphics, and you could play as either a dinosaur/godzilla, who has laser eyes with which you could melt buildings. Or a bird, or a cloud of fog. The gameplay consists of destroying the tanks and helicopters that come after you.

Any help finding this game would be very much appreciated!

Greg343 on

• Options
    zatarzatar Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    It might be the movie monster game from epyx? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKN1RAMn1dA

altough no bird or cloud of fog..
    Edit: Oh, sorry didn't see the freeware game there, then I got nothing, except movie monster game was good as I remember from childhood.

zatar on
    Playing as Tvisling Draygo on Europa-Farstar
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Just play rampage?

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    ffff, I know exactly the game you're talking about, but I can't recall the name.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Yeah, that sounds like Rampage, which wasn't freeware but otherwise fits perfectly.

Rampage.jpg
    There are lots of versions, each with slightly different graphics.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Greg343Greg343 Registered User regular
    Rampage is fun and all, but this game was fun on a much larger scale. It's like a spiritual successor to Rampage.

To reiterate, the graphics (and gameplay,) are in 3D, in kind of a minecraft-ish style. But with really bright vibrant primary colors.

I remember playing this game around 2002-2003 I think. On a mac as well. But I believe it was pretty widely ported across operating systems.

Anyway, thanks for the responses thus far.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Just to be clear

There ARE 3d rampage games as well as those old 2d ones.

• Options
    eyelesseyeless Registered User new member
    Test