As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need Advice -- New Mouse, Mousepad and Keyboard <--- for gaming?

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
So recently I bought a new custom built system. I5 2500k, Nvidia 560TI

Currently have a basic keyboard plugged in and a Logitech MX510 Optical mouse I bought 5 or 6 years ago. Is it time to upgrade the mouse? Yesterday I purchase a Rocketfish mousepad (double the size of my old mousepad), I'm wondering do I need to drop more cash on a mechanical keyboard and a new mouse? I actually love my current mouse but can't find drivers for it.

Bamelin on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Uh... no?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Sure, why not? Hell, take a look at some Logitech and Razer mice. You'll find something that you'll love, I'm sure.

Of course, if cash is tight and your mouse is still working, don't go and feel obligated to upgrade.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Nooo don't replace the 510. I'm still using mine and it's awesome.

• Options
    MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    The 510 should be fine, you shouldn't upgrade unless you have a compelling reason to.

That said.
    The 510 has been succeeded by the MX 518 and now the G400 (Amazon Link). If you want to get a new mouse and like the feel of the 510 I'd suggest the G400 since it's more in line with the stats of a modern mouse and has the same shape. (I use the G400 at home and took my MX 518 into work. After getting used to the shape other mice just feel strange)

Same story for the keyboard, unless you feel the need to change you don't really have to. There have been a few threads popping up here for keyboard recommendations this is the most recent. Most people will recommend a mechanical keyboard and this is an excellent resource for understanding the differences.

MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png