As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me choose between modems

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
I have two wireless modems available to use: a Motorola 3347 and an ActionTech PK5000. Is one better then the other? And which will work with the Nintendo DS? I tried reading some product reviews but they were way over my head.

Magic Pink on

• Options
    punkpunk Professional Network Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I've had experience with the PK5000; it's OK. The 3347 doesn't appear to be the most current version available from Motorola, and I have no personal experience with it. Both appear to be more or less comparable in terms of features, though. Both will work with your DS. Qwest, I assume? They may help you set it up. Be careful...they'll probably leave you with the default setup and it will probably use WEP. The PK5000 in particular may be left broadcasting all four SSIDs and will use the default (as in, available in the manual or a quick search online) WEP key. Hop into the router and secure it. At a minimum, set your own SSID name and move to WPA2 with a secure key.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't even vaguely know what you're talking about. Thanks for trying tho.

I looked on Amazon and they had a bunch of customer reviews on there and the Motorola, while much older, is MUCH better recieved then the ActionTek. There's pages of problems with the PK5000; I'm trashing it. It really looks like one of the shittiest pieces of hardware ever released.