As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 52 - So many Skaven

18910111214»

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Empire, one hit. Sending a bloodletter to it's final reward.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    Discarding Bolt Of Change to save the acolyte in the Empire.

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Round 5, Battle phase

citowg52r58.png

The Old World resists:
    - Lowest threat removes a hero
    - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

Chaos effects
    Norsca: Skitterleap (may move his figures to an adjacent region if dominated)
    The Empire: Bloodbath (place corruption for kills) and Warpshock (magic and Warpstones count toward domination)
    Tilea: Creeping Death (place one corruption in each adjacent region if dominated)
    The Border Princes: Festival (+1 PP to S when others summon here) and Horde (+1 PP for others to act here while HR outnumbers another; ACTIVE)
    The Badlands: Outbreak (becomes populous)

Tilea: 5 dice, 2 dice, 1 die
    The Border Princes: 3 dice, 3 dice (place corruption with kills), 1 die

With the acolyte escaping death, Khorne places two corruption and earns +4 VP and a DAC in the Empire.

Please roll the non-ruined regions in strict region and player order, in case anything important happens. doodles is active to roll for Tilea.

Darian on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Also +4 VP.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Right! The upgrades are so much easier to forget overlook in the expansion.

Darian on
  • Options
    doodles613doodles613 Registered User regular
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/54418 2 hits, so ill take down a blue warrior

• Options
    pesky is up for Tilea.

• Options
    2 hits killing the daemonette in Tilea.

• Options
    TomeWyrm to roll for Tilea.

I don't see that roll having any effect on Khorne's choices in the Border Princes, so doodles may also proceed with his roll there.

• Options
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/54421 1 hit, kill a rat in the boarder princes. GG everyone it was fun playing

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    87.5% chance of me winning on this roll:

The Border Princes: I lose.

Heh, I can't believe I've now lost two games in a row where all I needed was 1 hit on 3 dice and got 0. When will I learn to never count on the dice? Probably never. Congrats, pesky, although I can't understand why you were so convinced HR had this won.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    2 hits in Tilea, bringing down the second horror.

• Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Heh, I can't believe I've now lost two games in a row where all I needed was 1 hit on 3 dice and got 0. When will I learn to never count on the dice? Probably never.

The exact same rolls both times, too. Ow.

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    Just need one last roll from TomeWyrm to finish things up.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    blahmcblah wrote:
    87.5% chance of me winning on this roll:

The Border Princes: I lose.

Heh, I can't believe I've now lost two games in a row where all I needed was 1 hit on 3 dice and got 0. When will I learn to never count on the dice? Probably never. Congrats, pesky, although I can't understand why you were so convinced HR had this won.

Was banking on you scoring one hit on 3 dice.

Was really confident one of the regions would ruin but yeah good job freaky dice rolls.

Also thought the rat had a hidden skitterleap but looking back he had played all 3.

pesky on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Speaking of Skitterleap, if DevoutlyApathetic wants to start putting in orders for the migration of the rats via Skitterleap (he's dominating Norsca) and Under Empire (Norsca and the Border Princes will be ruined), feel free to do so either by PM or in the thread.

Darian on
  • Options
    Uh, what's this about The Border Princes?

We're at 7 with 2 warpstones and Slannesh has 3 cultists.....and Call to Arms will reduce that to 2 corruption placed. Did I miss something?

• Options
    Nope, I did. Forgot about that Call to Arms.

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Sorry about the delay on this...orokos hasn't been letting me get past the login screen for whatever reason, so I went and made an IC account and rolled there.

1 hit in The Border Princes, which doesn't really change anything, so the bloodletter goes to an early grave. Been a fun game everyone!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Round 5, Corruption phase

citowg52r59.png

The Old World resists:
    - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

Chaos effects
    The Empire: Bloodbath (place corruption for kills) and Warpshock (magic and Warpstones count toward domination)
    Tilea: Creeping Death (place one corruption in each adjacent region if dominated)
    The Border Princes: Festival (+1 PP to S when others summon here) and Horde (+1 PP for others to act here while HR outnumbers another; ACTIVE)

Khorne earns +2 VP and two more DACs from battle in Tilea and the Border Princes.

Domination step:
    Norsca: +1 VP, DAC

And I'll pause there until Skitterleap resolves.

Darian on
  • Options
    I wished really hard that the Empire was adjacent but it doesn't seem to work.

All but one Clan Rat from Norsca goes and visits the Border Princes. Poor Vinnie is staying put with a rat to keep him company. He's been there all game he's damn well staying there!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Round 5, Corruption phase

Board after Skitterleap from Norsca:
    citowg52r510.png

The Old World resists:

Chaos effects

Domination step:
    Norsca: +1 VP, DAC, many rats skitter off to the Princes (already resolved on board)
    Troll Country: +5 VP
    The Empire: +5 VP
    Tilea: +3 VP
    The Border Princes: +3 VP, DAC
    The Badlands: +2 VP

Corruption step:
    Norsca: +5, DAC
    Troll Country: +2, DAC
    The Empire: acolyte feels a Call to Arms
    Tilea: acolyte feels a Call to Arms
    The Border Princes: +2, DAC
    The Badlands: bloodsworn feels a Call to Arms

Check for Ruination:
    Norsca (2 + 1 + 12 + 1) is the 4th region ruined; +5 VP, +5 VP, +5 VP

Updated VP:
    41 + 2 = 43 VP
    47 + 5 = 52 VP
    34 + 13 = 47 VP
    25 + 5 = 30 VP
    30 + 8 = 38 VP

Theoretically I would have another brief pause while I see whether Vinnie and his friend will take this opportunity to move someplace, but based on prior statements I doubt they're leaving. Also, congrats to blah for being the first to pass 50 VP. Sadly, though, we aren't checking for game end yet.

Darian on
  • Options
    Yea, there is no Under Empire-ing in the cards.

• Options
    Round 5, End phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

citowg52r511.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - no effects

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - An acolyte falls in Norsca; in Kislev, the final clan rat is slain; the Hero of the Empire slays a bloodletter; a seductress feels the bite of a Hero's blade in the Border Princes.

3. Resolve Old World cards - Each player draws a card for Discovery; DA removes a hero

4. Score Ruined Regions -
    Norsca: +8 VP, +4 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne has the most DACs and ticks twice; each other god ticks once
    31 - Draw 2 Cards
    32 - Draw 2 Cards

21 - Place 2 Warpstones
    24 - Upgrade
    20 - Summon 1 Warrior

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 43 VP
    Nurgle: 52 VP
    Tzeentch: 47 + 8 = 55 VP
    Slaanesh: 30 VP
    The Horned Rat: 38 + 4 = 42 VP

6. Check for Game end - No one has achieved a DIAL victory. At least one player has 50+ VP.

Final board:
    citowg52r512.png

pesky wins a VP victory!

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the game guys.

Just as planned.....*turns off orokos hacks*

pesky on
  • Options
    not that it matters that much, but dont i tie the rat for corruption in norsca and we split the points?

• Options
    Nah, Rat Ogres count as 2 corruption so I'm at three total for the region. Geez, you've already stolen 3rd place from me by a single point! What more do you want?

Ribbing aside, good game everybody and I hope everyone had at least as much fun as I did.

Special thanks to Darian for hosting and Admanb for helping after I stupidly forgot my handtracker pass.