As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - Recruitment] zephyr 4e: lf 1 ldr/def/skr - paragon tier (See recent post)

2»

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh, the PP I have in mind is one I've never seen used before, because I think it involves a good character background and it just seems cool.

• Options
    SlayerfalconSlayerfalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    1) None atm
    2) I normally check the forums at least once a day if not more, and I'm located in EST
    3) Zephyr Knights Survivor
    4) Vrye is not particularly recognizable out of a crowd of people but neither is he ugly. His face has sharp features and he has shoulder length dark brown hair he keeps pulled back out of the way. He is tall for a human and well built from wearing heavy armor and wielding his two handed axe daily. He wears a set of drake scale armor which he obtained while part of the Falcon's Claw. He also carries his executioner axe he has lovingly named The Equalizer, since according to Vrye when your dead it doesn't matter where you were born.
    5) Vrye Erikson Lowborne Human Slayer (working on getting a MW sheet up, the site is refusing to load for me)
    6) As you travel through a town you find the inhabitants are very unfriendly. The innkeeper's out of rooms, and the tavern stills are empty for travelers. A cold hard rain begins as night falls. With your wet, wind-whipped adventurer's cape slapping you in the face you seek shelter. Eventually a 'polite' pair of town watchmen approach to inform you that there's a curfew and helpfully point out a dilapidated home for you to take shelter in. After walking through the door in the corner you spot a man with his pants down at his ankles and an expensive looking necklace in one of his hands.

"Thief! Thief!" he yells.

You hear the watchmen rapidly running toward you.
    Vrye quickly assesses the situation and realizes he has been set up. Sprinting across the room he grabs the man and slams him up against the wall.
    "I see what's going on here and you have picked the wrong fool to try this on."

Vrye throws the man on the floor in the corner of the room and turns to the door cracking his knuckles.
    "Lets hope your friends are better fighters than they appeared outside, I may not even need to use my axe for this."

As an afterthought he looks back at the man who is still sitting with his pants at his ankles. "By the way you might wanna stay there or that necklace won't be the only jewels you will have to worry about losing."

Updated to add in the Myth-Weavers sheet

Slayerfalcon on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Okies, it looks like my players are mostly done their stuff, so... we'll wrap this recruitment up on Friday, September 23rd.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SlayerfalconSlayerfalcon Registered User regular
    Just a question, is anyone having the issue of myth-weavers not wanting to load up anything but already made sheets and taking about 5 min to open the main site itself?

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    1) Currently running God is Dead. Was in two games before the forum changeover, but I think both have died. :(
    2) As a grad student, I am available M-F for posts, but at varying times depending on what's going on that day. Minimally, I'm available every evening though. EST.
    3) Lowborne civilian
    4) With the exception of a gray tinge to his skin, Moran is, by all appearances, a nondescript, shabbily dress human. With unkempt dark brown hair along with unkempt dark brown clothing, he is often mistaken for a beggar - a large beggar with an oddly sharpened walking staff - until he opens his mouth and sharp teeth give his part-orc heritage away. He does not try to hide it any more though; in a world where scarcity is plentiful, people will take every opportunity to protect what is theirs, even if it means denying you yours. The the physical world is as it is, he supposes, and to deny it would be folly, but the world that people create is different. That is a world that Moran does not feel the need to accept or respect; it is a world he tries to exceed, a world he chooses to engage with on his own terms. He strives to live his life in accordance with these principles, leaving behind the farmer's life that was once intended for but never chosen by him, as he wanders, seeking a small corner of the world he can make his own.
    5) OROKOS4LYFE!
    6)
    After a quick pause listen for the guards, Moran barrels past the half-naked man, pushing him to one side as he rushes into the back of the house. Making his way between and over half-asleep forms in the dark, he moves quickly to the back of the rundown house. As the sleepy house begins to stir with noise, Moran throws his weapon through an open window, following closely behind. Gathering himself off the ground, he relocates his weapon on the ground and picks it up, continuing to keep an ear, and an eye, out for nearby movement. Deciding quickly on a direction, he slips down the dark alleyways between the houses, putting as much distance between him and the strange man he encountered earlier. He doesn't particularly know what just occurred in that house, but he knows enough to recognize it as trouble, and trouble is to be avoided or created, but never encountered as a surprise in a dark dilapidated house at night.

• Options
    So this was a draft all this time, lol. I haven't used MW as a player in a long time so I'm not sure about that one, if it still isn't loading properly you can do an orokos too. you guys don't really need sheets at this point though. :O

• Options
    okies, so this closes tomorrow. I'll review the stuff over the weekend or so and the response will occur sometime next week!

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Might as well remove the Odam: Whatever game from my app. I don't think those are going to be active ever again. Goes for Grog and Muffin Man too I believe.

• Options
    okay, I wasn't able to post at all yesterday things are still kind of wonky today. It's a lot faster, which is great... but things are kinda weird.

I'll let you know my final decisions by Wednesday.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Okies, after much thought, this is what was decided:

Defender

Anialos: Endaren Cloudbinder (Eladrin, Highborne/Survivor) + Sage of Fate's Bonds (Defender/Arcane)

Leader

wildwood: Finnian Goswick (Half-Elf, Lowborne) + Warchanter (Leader/Arcane)

Striker

lodwilk: Rais Saif (Dragonborn, Lowborne/Loyalist) + Scion of Arkhosia (Striker/Primal)

Much of it boiled down to "I think this would be an interesting dynamic" more than anything.

Thanks everybody for your interest!

I will need an image to maek token with for you guys, which you can post here or on the OOC thread. Thanks again.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Picture is up in the OOC thread! Gimme a holler when you have our IC entrances plotted out.

• Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Sweet, I'll have a picture for the token up tonight. I'm sure there's plenty of pretty half-elves to work with.

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    Congrats to everyone who got in!
    Totally not bitter.
    Jerks.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    bleh. mispost.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Not quite sure what's going on atm, but in the event that one of the peoples vanished-vanished, who that posted a striker and/or can convert into a striker is still interested in playing? :U

It'd have to be a hot swap, unfortunately but yeah. dunno what's going on. Not replacing anybody yet though, just need to get an idea and no need to post an entirely new thread.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    I've been wanting to try out a monk in paragon for a while, consider me interested.

• Options
    srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Same character and background as before, properly converted to a striker. She can swing constantly with tremendous accuracy and can set-up no-win or low-win situations for her targets.

Without further nonsense on my part:

1.) Currently, I am only in Age of Ascension, but our DM is @Iodwilk, which is your missing player, so that seems to have come to a halt.
    2) Available all the time save Sunday Nights, really. My schedule is very fluid, and I'm in EST, but I'm a fairly active participant.
    3) Highborne Zephyr Knights Survivor
    4) Ousaniel is a tall, willowy half-elf with startling silver eyes that resemble an eladrin's, a narrow face and narrower mind. She loathes the Merkabans for the horrors they've wrought and has adopted a "by any means necessary" attitude to their downfall, even if it means wiping out all Lowborne. She's quite vain - her eyes are actually a very human pale blue and she simply uses an illusion to alter their appearance (Prestidigitation in this case). Her hair is dyed jet black, in mourning for the lives the Merkabans have taken, but is normally a reddish auburn. She's literally covered in weapons - handaxes, her twin long swords, and a repeating crossbow are strapped at various points across her person, like she's constantly ready for all of Lowborne society to ambush her.
    5) Ousaniel Nightbreeze - Orokos. Possibly a mythweavers soonish.
    6)
    Ousaniel's blade hums into the air between her and the slightly undressed man in a heartbeat, her other sword pointed toward the guards in a defensive posture . "Stand down, sir." As the guards approach, she turns to them and brandishes the seal of her unit - the 5th Infantry Arcanum - and appears set for confrontation. "I don't know what's going on here, but as a Knight of the Lands Above, I demand an explanation. I've better things to do than rob civilians. Search my belongings if you want proof. If this is a simple misunderstanding-" she glances severely at the startled man "- and I hope, for your sake, that it is, I'd be happy to help resolve the matter." She lets the moonlight reflect off her twin blades with some forced theatricality.

srboyceboat on
    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Options
    ah, cool. I do want to give lod a chance to ... well... appear again though, so I'll likely make a transfer by the end of this week

• Options
    No, that's fine. I mean, I want him to reappear too. 'Cause he's runnin' my game.

• Options
    Aye, keeping a pbp going is a lot more time consuming than people think, plus if you get bogged down with work, it gets pretty ugly. Hopefully he can at least drop by and give you guys (and me) a heads up soon.

Since nobody is really around since it's Thanksgiving, I'm going to delay that swap a little longer on my side.

• Options
    Cool, man. PbP games go belly up sometimes - everybody knows. I'm sure he's attending to worthwhile stuff in lieu of fighting imaginary internet dragons. Or unspeakable geneticamagic-engineered horrors, as the case may be for your game.

• Options
    GDI. My mind says it's time to make the hard call. Boyce, if you're around, have you checked the IC? not a fan of hot swapping but it apparently Must Be Done.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I was waiting for you to give me the go ahead. Listen, put the dragon in a coma or whatever. If he comes back, I'll bow out. I'm caught up on plot up to last Friday. Your other option - since apparently the factions have been sending dudes into this whirling maelstrom of sand death on occasion - would be to stick my character on an airship or expedition that crashed near wherever the party goes, killing all hands aboard save my character. Fits with the "Zephyr Knight Survivor" thing. If you wanted a story-convenient deus ex machina.

srboyceboat on