As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phone tag with a job prospect ettiquette?

Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Fairly simple question: got a call from a job I applied for, missed the call, and she left a message. I called her back as soon as possible, was sent to her voice mail, left my name, reason for calling, number, etc. I didn't receive a call back for the rest of the day. I wasn't expecting a call back immediately, and I'm not freaking out or anything, but I figured I'd get out in front of this and ask now: what exactly is the best way to deal with missed calls and responding back in the coming days?

I did some searching on the topic, and seems like the consensus was saying that now that I've returned her call, I should leave her space to respond back, and that repeatedly leaving voice mail messages and/or annoying the receptionist isn't going to help my chances.

Is this sound advice? If so, is there a certain amount of time that goes by before I should try reaching her again?

Captain Tragedy on

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    I'd give it a day, call back, but probably not leave a second message.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i think its ok to leave a message after waiting. as long as you are not pushy with the message. it shows interest

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    wonkaincwonkainc Registered User regular
    Give it 2 days. However; it does depend on the type of job. If you're applying for something like fast food place or basic retail store you're probably screwed. There's enough people in line for those jobs she may never call you back. If you're applying for something that requires a college degree, you may have to wait as much as 2 weeks. Gauge the timeframe on how long ago you applied for the job and they called you.