As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotel TV Recon...

AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User regular
edited July 2006 in PAX Archive
I know the past 2 years, the televisions at the double tree (as in 2 trees) have been console friendly, but does anyone know if the televisions at the redlion are console friendly too?

the last few hotels i have stayed in recently, have now changed their televisions to these crazy ass web tv's with plastic thingies over the cable connections making the coax supposedly tamper proof. Even after removing the wall plate and getting the rf modulator hooked up, the tv's still wont display a signal from the console... anyone know if either redlion or doubletree have switched to these tv's in the last year?

console friendly teevee in the hotel room is a must...

Anexkahn on

• Options
    postermonkeypostermonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    boy they better hope not or theyre gonna have all kinds of spliced up coax and pissed off customers ....

postermonkey on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    I'm wondering about this for the Paragon, as well. I really don't want to have to bring my own TV, but so help me god I shall not be without my consoles this PAX.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shit, I forget which hotel I made my reservations with back in, like, April.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Its annoying. Looks like one way or another im going to find a way to bring this 20 inch lcd tv with me. If anyone knows a place I can get a sharp aquos case Im all ears. Oh and I didn't get a box with this lcd tv as it was a display unit.

I swear never to early adopt anything that pricy again.
    Anexkahn wrote:
    I know the past 2 years, the televisions at the double tree (as in 2 trees) have been console friendly, but does anyone know if the televisions at the redlion are console friendly too?

the last few hotels i have stayed in recently, have now changed their televisions to these crazy ass web tv's with plastic thingies over the cable connections making the coax supposedly tamper proof. Even after removing the wall plate and getting the rf modulator hooked up, the tv's still wont display a signal from the console... anyone know if either redlion or doubletree have switched to these tv's in the last year?

console friendly teevee in the hotel room is a must...

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    You could always call and ask.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    GeeCee wrote:
    You could always call and ask.

Been down that road. They don't allow it(officially, nothing stopping you from trying to hack that protection device off safely)
    They rent shit out and stuff. It sucks. Its honestly cheaper if I buy a case and bring it and take it home with me at this point because I am super tripping up there.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    eclypsedeclypsed Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    My buddies stayed at Red Lion last year (I couldnt' go cos of my sisters wedding, but I went to the first PAX) and they had to hit the Radio Shack to get an RF Modulator for the TV. Sux0r.

eclypsed on
    dynsig.png
This discussion has been closed.