As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help Me Expand My Musical Tastes

OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright. So. I want to improve my music library with genres or artists I don't normally listen to. For one reason, I want to simply expand my music taste beyond what I'm used to. For another reason, I'm tired of being seen as the guy that only listens to rock and metal and shit that other people (namely females) can't stand.

So here's a run-down of my currently music library. My favorite genre is rock of just about any type. About the only rock I don't care for is scream-o rock, but beyond that anything is game. My favorite bands that have been staples in my library forever include (in no particular order):
Metallica
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters
Disturbed
AC/DC
Shinedown
Stone Temple Pilots
Pearl Jam
Rage Against the Machine
The Offspring
Ozzy Osbourne
Blue Oyster Cult
Deep Purple
Alice in Chains
Audioslave
Avenged Sevenfold
Bush
Guns N' Roses
Incubus
A Perfect Circle
Tool
Soundgarden
Journey
Boston
Dio
Bang Camaro
Bon Jovi
Breaking Benjamin
Three Days Grace
Collective Soul
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Queen
Rob Zombie
Stone Sour

I certianly wouldn't mind some more rock recommendations, but I'm mainly looking for some other genres here. Also there are a lot of other rock bands in my library I didn't list that I really like but didn't list since I only have their top singles and such.

In recent months I've branched into rap, hip hop, and some pop a little bit. I've downloaded and pretty thoroughly enjoyed Eminem, Lupe Fiasco, B.o.B., OutKast, N.E.R.D., Michael Jackson, Beastie Boys, Justin Timberlake, and a few singles from artists like Colio (Gangta's Paradise), Will Smith (Summertime), or Chamillionaire (Rollin'). If anyone has any other bands like these, I'd like to hear them. I generally like the rappers that incorporate some rock or instruments into their song, hence why I really enjoyed OutKast and N.E.R.D.

I'm open to some other genres too. About the only genre I almost completely dismiss is country. The only country band in my library is Zac Brown Band. I'll listen to any country recommendations, but I probably won't end up making them part of my library.

So...hit me with your best shot...I'm so sorry.

Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
|Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
|PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
|Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
Omeks.png
Omeks on