As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diablo 3 - Patch 2.1 right now! Great Rifts! Gems! Seasons now!

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    well compared to shard of hate anyway

though I guess stalgards is aoe...

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    also to anyone who was excited about stalgards and frenzy on barb, don't be, it's bad

oh yeah this is me that is too bad I think it is a really cool ability but not surprising it doesn't compare to something like shard of hate

though frenzy only has two elemental runes right? one lightning and one fire? so it isn't that good for shard of hate anyway

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    provoke: charged up is bugged and combos with fire walker ticks to melt t3 elites in seconds

lol

also insta resets all cds with akkarat rally

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yeah nerd check my profile :s

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    edited April 2014
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    also to anyone who was excited about stalgards and frenzy on barb, don't be, it's bad

oh yeah this is me that is too bad I think it is a really cool ability but not surprising it doesn't compare to something like shard of hate

though frenzy only has two elemental runes right? one lightning and one fire? so it isn't that good for shard of hate anyway
    actually it's probably viable

but it doesn't benefit from phys%

so instead you can get all trifectas and do no elemental, or use the fire rune and stack fire

shard of hate is OP single target though, not a fair comparison. also it works with the lightning frenzy rune, why wouldn't it be good? It just has to be the right element

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I have been abusing Provoke - Charged Up + Firewalkers + Heaven's Fury - Blessed Ground for weeks.

I even posted about it!

did you know (ne shiteru????) that you are unable to gamble shard of hate????? im not sure why

知らなかったね、ビステちゃん~

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    イエス·キリスト

is that how you spell jesus

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Correct.

おなら

Gross.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    all according to keikaku

So, permanent triple Heaven's Fury is super fun!

sarukun wrote: »

Correct.
    I would've put ジザス

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    sarukun wrote: »

Correct.
    I would've put ジザス

My understanding is that they pull it from Latin because the popularity of the church began increasing at a time when the services were still given in Latin.

But I have nothing to back that up at all, it's an educated guess.

But there are plenty of loan words in Japanese that are not from English.

makes sense

weird tho

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    charged up is still bugged? I switched to hit me because I thought it was fixed by now (and I'm using cap america build)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited April 2014
    charged up is still broken

gamble some firewalkers!

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    charged up is still broken

gamble some firewalkers!

but but... america...

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    gamble something up like it"s that easy

ha ha ha

i laugh with scorn

ha ha ha

gambling needs a damn bufffff its way too inconsistent

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    The only time I've used Kadala, I spent about 100 shards, filled my inventory with yellows, and gave my screen the finger (None of the yellows were upgrades)

godmode on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I had a dream that I finally got this xp and when I woke up I found my power supply was dead in my computer. COINCIDENCE?!?

So basically what happened to me for real on release day?

steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think I'm still in the OP but I'm Tofystedeth#1894 if anyone wants to add me. Only a few people in my friend's list still get online it seems.

steam_sig.png
  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Question before I get the x-pack. Rifts sound perfect, but require bounties to run. About how long does it generally take to earn a rift if you are not split bounty farming? And are the bounties themselves actually fun? I'm afraid that it is going to feel like my least favorite quest, "find the khazra staff" Which is always in the last corner of the map that I poke.

edited April 2014
    1 full clear bounty gives 5 rift keystone fragments

you need 5 fragments to open a rift

the bounties feel like work to get to the actual fun part ie. chaining rifts

every act except one will have a bounty which is 'go to cave level 2 and kill all enemies' which can take fucking forever if its something like desolate sands

the best act to farm rift keystone fragments is act IV because it has no caves and the maps have a really fixed layout

Beasteh on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Act 4 is the fastest but Act 1 is pretty fast too and I find has more chances (which is to say, any at all) for resplendent chests. All the "kill enemies in the second level" areas have them, and are vastly easier to find that the Act 2. That said, I still only do it if I'm tired of 4, because 4 is littered with secondary events all over the place and you can kill rake in the gold and xp from spending 10 extra seconds to do them.

The only reason I do bounties is for Rings of Royal Grandeur.

If I want to do rifts I use five of my millions of stockpiled fragments and then join Rift it Forward.

Nothing like dumping 50 shards and getting cranky and then suddenly realizing the first 5 shards you spent got you a legendary.

1 full clear bounty gives 5 rift keystone fragments

you need 5 fragments to open a rift

the bounties feel like work to get to the actual fun part ie. chaining rifts

every act except one will have a bounty which is 'go to cave level 2 and kill all enemies' which can take fucking forever if its something like desolate sands

the best act to farm rift keystone fragments is act IV because it has no caves and the maps have a really fixed layout

I played a LOT of bounties before I tried rifts, and I had a pretty good time. Generally the individual bounties don't take longer than 5 or 10 minutes to complete, and if you're actually slogging through the level as if you were doing a Campaign-mode-full-clear, you're doing it wrong. The "longest" ones tend to be the "find-such-and-such Elite somewhere in X Zone of Act X", because some of those maps are kinda big, and they're always in the last place you look, but if it takes you longer than like 5 minutes, you get a little way-point on your map, soooo it's really not all that bad.

And now I have stopped playing bounties because I had a stack of 100 keystones and the motherfuckers don't stack past that.

I'm now back down to 93. :p

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Question before I get the x-pack. Rifts sound perfect, but require bounties to run. About how long does it generally take to earn a rift if you are not split bounty farming? And are the bounties themselves actually fun? I'm afraid that it is going to feel like my least favorite quest, "find the khazra staff" Which is always in the last corner of the map that I poke.

Since you haven't gotten the x-pac yet, you'll need to actually level to 70 before you want to run rifts. Rifts have a separate bonus to magic find for legendaries, and finding legendaries at level <70 is ballsweat bullshit. So just level up in bounties (after you beat the main storyline once because Blizzard makes weird decisions) and save the rift fragments, then motor through like 10 rifts and do a dance.

It's the best way.

Narbus on
    you can run rifts without keys using the community rift it forward

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Hello SE++ Diablo Thread. I don't think I have ever posted here, but I lurk.

I run the clan The Merch Hungers. This is the clan that @Brolo and @Big Red Tie are polluting members of. It is also filled with various and sundry other crazies from the G&T Diablo Thread.

I've made some space for new members, and the clan is open for an of you SE++ types who are interested. Just hop into the Penny Arcade Forums community and poke around. We will get you added.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    The only reason I do bounties is for Rings of Royal Grandeur.

If I want to do rifts I use five of my millions of stockpiled fragments and then join Rift it Forward.

Yeah I got bored of that and simply used my INT RoRG on my crusader. Pretty fun!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wintermute-2524/hero/38770579

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

I'm using a Dex trifecta ring right now on my Crusader.

It feels wrong.

holy fuck spectrum takes forever to farm

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Last I read Spectrum wasn't dropping. Something about the mob that drops it doesn't spawn, or rarely spawns. There is a bug with it which won't be fixed till next patch iirc.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter