As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Tijuana Death[Phalla] - End of Match: Leaving The Ring Victorious

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I didn't misunderstand any game mechanic. I am 100% aware of how the game works. I just know that sometimes hosts borrow mechanics from other games, and the last game I was in (the SE++ ME phalla) had a role with the ability to kill the 2nd place voted person. I didn't say it was guaranteed to be here, I just said I wanted to cover bases and make sure that there isn't a 5 way tie at 2 votes a piece, so I jumped to Langly.

If you want to vote me for thinking outside the box, you go right ahead, and another village loss will be at hand. I was just trying to help the village by making sure we didn't lose 5 people in one night just because of a copied game mechanic.

What's sort of funny is that this reminds me a lot of your arguments in the ME Phalla.

Which, of course, you were mafia :)

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    so there's no orcs in this game?

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Hullis for knee-jerk defensiveness and a throw-away vote.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs: nothing but metagaming, all day erry day

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Kias wrote:
    Hullis for knee-jerk defensiveness and a throw-away vote.
    Better than everything else I've seen today. Hullis

• Options
    ...?
    Is there a problem with using past behavior to try and pick out patterns?
    Any advantage is important, not going to ignore what I find relevant.

If it makes you feel any better my vote for you has nothing to do with previous phallas.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Using past behavior is pretty much the entirety of phalla besides vote analysis

• Options
    I didn't even know you had a vote on me, actually.

But the vast majority of the posts I've seen you make in the two games we've played have been callbacks to previous behavior.

Which strikes me as unproductive, because you still have to pay attention to current behavior as well.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    And Game Theory. Don't forget Game Theory.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Not bothering to change to him this late but Hullis is a good candidate for the vote tomorrow.

• Options

W

What

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    I kind of want to vote Hullis and Goose again because no one listened to me in the ME phalla.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Epic Reveal
    I am a phallarostitute. I will phalla love you for phalla money.
    "I love (Your name here). (Your name here) is totally a trustworthy dude" can be yours for a mere $100.
    Rates are negotiable for the kinkier stuff

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

W

What

There's not a whole lot else to use

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Not bothering to change to him this late but Hullis is a good candidate for the vote tomorrow.

That's silly.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I kind of want to vote Hullis and Goose again because no one listened to me in the ME phalla.
    Yes, because you made the most convincing arguments

"Hullis is sooooooo mafia" is verbatim what you said

• Options

But the vast majority of the posts I've seen you make in the two games we've played have been callbacks to previous behavior.

Which strikes me as unproductive, because you still have to pay attention to current behavior as well.

Obviously I'm paying attention to recent behavior, because otherwise I couldn't relate it to older behavior? But I had never played with you or Goose last time, so im a little unsure where this is coming from.

Also worth pointing out that I was right about you, MrT, and Goose last time, so it is clearly an effective method.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

That's silly.

Said Hullis' mafia buddy.

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

W

What

I'm going to respectfully disagree, and now really regret signing up as a CF newbie if this is the meta-game around here.

• Options

That's silly.

Well I don't think he's necessarily a better candidate than where I currently have my vote (Kias), and Kias is far enough in the lead I don't think things could be shifted to Hullis in just the next hour (although if he keeps posting...)

But he's acting sufficiently suspicious/irritating to put him at the top of the list for tomorrow IMO unless new information emerges.

• Options
    Tayrun wrote: »

That's silly.

Said Hullis' mafia buddy.

Hullis is the SK, but yeah, we're working together for now. (I was actually referring to him not wanting to vote now 'cause it's "late")

W

What

I'm going to respectfully disagree, and now really regret signing up as a CF newbie if this is the meta-game around here.

Don't be silly.

Steam profile
  • Options
    AkimboLegs wrote: »

Obviously I'm paying attention to recent behavior, because otherwise I couldn't relate it to older behavior? But I had never played with you or Goose last time, so im a little unsure where this is coming from.

Also worth pointing out that I was right about you, MrT, and Goose last time, so it is clearly an effective method.

You were right about me because I post in a very unfiltered manner.

I was lynched as a vanilla townie in my first game here because I was super suspicious for posting without much regard for anything, and just kept throwing shit around until it stuck.

• Options

W

What

Don't do that. Our meta-game is never respectful. Come on man, make the effort to fit in. <3

• Options

W

What

Don't do that. Our meta-game is never respectful. Come on man, make the effort to fit in. <3

bahahahaha that sounds so goddamn conceited

"Conform to OUR standards and we'll like you!"

• Options
    edited February 2012

That's silly.

Well I don't think he's necessarily a better candidate than where I currently have my vote (Kias), and Kias is far enough in the lead I don't think things could be shifted to Hullis in just the next hour (although if he keeps posting...)

But he's acting sufficiently suspicious/irritating to put him at the top of the list for tomorrow IMO unless new information emerges.

If you think Kias is better, then go for it. If you think Hullis is more suspicious, vote for him. If we get close to a tie for first place and the time actually gets short, then you may have to make sacrifices. But that's not the situation now.

@Hullis: What Tayrun said :P. Also, lighten up :). If disagreeing with someone (or thinking they suck at Phalla) is gonna cause you to not want to play, you should try to readjust your expectations a bit. Have funnnnnn

Edit: Like, for example, Tayrun is teasing with you.... I think maybe you took it the wrong way? Or your tone is failing at traveling through the tubes, which is likely haha.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options

W

What

So where you come from is phalla just a happy hugfest where everybody pretends not to remember what they've observed about the way people played in the past? :P

• Options
    It's basically impossible to play without letting prior experience filter in.

But as an aside - Its always bettere to have more people play! I don't want to scare you away and hope you do continue to play CF phallas, and honestly if you do play that way every time, eventually people will learn to ignore it, so think of it as an investment :)

• Options

W

What

bahahahaha that sounds so goddamn conceited

"Conform to OUR standards and we'll like you!"

Hey now, don't put words in my mouth. I never said I'd like you.
    Also, it was clearly a joke. Calm down, yo.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    For $100 I will totally disagree with the meta game around here.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Tayrun, get your funny out of my Phalla.

srs bzness up here.

I don't know how to abbreviate "business" in an obnoxious way, so I hope that worked.

Steam profile
  • Options
    For $100 I will totally disagree with the meta game around here.

I'll do it for $50

Steam profile
  • Options
    My personal belief is that you should always, ALWAYS put more weight on current behaviors than past behaviors, ESPECIALLY if you're playing with the same group for a long damn time. People can and WILL fuck with your expectations if they know you're going to be focused on past events, and that can be easy to spot if you're looking at things in the context of a Single Game as opposed to a Conglomerate Experience.

I agree with Akimbo in that it's impossible to play without prior experience. Hell, I just defended myself by referencing Munkus' SE++ Phalla. BUT, that's not what I base the core of my play from, and unlike the rest of you guys, I CAN'T switch to past experience. I have a grand total of 1 game played with some of you, and drawing conclusions from that would be incredibly short-sighted.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hear that, a Kime and Virgil bundle for $150.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options

srs bzness up here.

I don't know how to abbreviate "business" in an obnoxious way, so I hope that worked.

bidnazz

• Options

srs bzness up here.

Kime, buddy you totes get me.

What happened to us man? What happened to that dream I had when I was a newbie that you and I could work together, that you were setting an example to follow?

Oh right, yeah. Langly vigged me out of nowhere and shattered the hugfest illusion.

I think we should work past that Kimey. I think we could be good together. :winky:

• Options
    You sound combative, this isn't some "us vs you" thing.

So no hard feelings when I assassinate you, eh? :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    You sound combative, this isn't some "us vs you" thing.

So no hard feelings when I assassinate you, eh? :P
    Trust me, I will be laughing.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    And Game Theory. Don't forget Game Theory.

Nope that is just OS

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness "bidnazz" is horrible :lol:

Tayrun.... hmmm.... OK, gimme $500 and we can discuss this more... privately

Steam profile
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    No, I'm game theory!

ecco

Or am I a trap?

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.