As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Walking Dead] RIP Season Two

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Carl is dumb as shit.

Jesus, most of these characters are just so flat out terrible now; nothing about them is at all compelling.

I'm seriously hoping that the writers stop this "make every episode about a bullshit ethical decision that only gets wrapped up in the last 5 minutes. Maybe."

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    HAHAHAHA, that was friggin hilarious. Yeah, I think I'm done with this show after this season.

Etiowsa on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I hope to god they have a plan on what to do next season if they even have one. Carl needs to fucking die.

edit- Of course Daryl does it everyone else is too worthless.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I hope to god they have a plan on what to do next season if they even have one. Carl needs to fucking die.

This. He can be replaced with the kid in the barn.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    For sure, Carl is his mother's son...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I think most fans will understand by what I mean by
    "too soon"

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I want to cry foul, but I honestly just don't care anymore.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Congratulations Carl for officially joining your mom in the bottom tier of Walking Dead characters.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Considering how the characterization has veered off from the comic for the secondary characters, it was a mercy killing on multiple levels.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    For sure, Carl is his mother's son...

Mnnn.... not quite. Lori would have run off to find a man to kill the zombie for her. carl was just a fucktard.

Also: what the fuck has T-dawg been doing the last two or three episodes?

• Options
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I do. Dale, Daryl, and Glenn are the only characters I care about in the show. One of three down...

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Who died?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    worst episode ever

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Dale.
    I should probably spoiler that. But this show doesn't really deserve that much effort.

Also:
    The stupid ass prisoner didn't get offed, or released, so basicly nothing happened other then dale getting gutted like a trout.

Echo on
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It seems like zombies are a bit stronger than us regular humans?

From this weeks episode:
    I think most people would have some trouble ripping a person in half with their hands.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    lazegamer wrote: »
    It seems like zombies are a bit stronger than us regular humans? I think most people would have some trouble ripping a person in half with their hands.

Speak for yourself , why do you think the neighbors wont let their kids play by my house anymore.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Dale.

I should probably spoiler that. But this show doesn't really deserve that much effort.

Also:
    The stupid ass prisoner didn't get offed, or released, so basicly nothing happened other then dale getting gutted like a trout.

Oh. Who the fuck cares?

Hasn't everyone been bitching about how he's annoying for this whole season?

Good riddance then.

Echo on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    So, you guys are now mad at the kid acting irrationally?

Seriously?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't heard that much bitching about Dale. Mostly Rick, Shane, and the womenfolk.

• Options
    Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    So.. do you guys ever do anything other than bitch about how you don't even like the show anymore, then watch it again?

I mean, his death was kind of lame, but still.

Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Definitely got a bad vibe from Randall when he was talking to Carl. They probably should have killed him.

He's probably going to be the reason they have to leave the farm.

• Options
    I'm not sure how much slower this show can get, but man is it trying to just grind all action to a halt to explore the Rick-Shane-Lori yawnfest triangle.

Dale seems to be only brought in to use his eyebrows at this point. I can only think of one good scene he's had this entire season.
    BubbaT wrote: »
    I don't see the point of
    blindfolding Randall on the way back. The reason they went back for him is he said he knows Maggie, implying he knows where the farm is. Not much point blindfolding him while taking him to a farm he already knows the location of. Or if he doesn't know the location, then simply by knowing Maggie he can probably find the address in 5 minutes with a phone book.

Also, I can't believe I fell for
    thinking Rick was abandoning Shane. They already pulled that trick once on the show, in Atlanta, where it looks like Rick is abandoning the group on the roof of the department store and then he comes back.
    Fool me once...

syndalis wrote: »
    Re: The ironing / washing / etc.

It is super common thing to do to try to create some semblance of normalcy in a catastrophe, so that they have something to hold onto and not go crazy.

If she was a housewife before things went south, I can undertsand why she feels doing these things are important, because to stop doing these things is to completely give in to the fact that shit doesn't need to be ironed and corners don't need to be dusted any more, and I don't think she is ready for that fact.

It is unfortunate that the writers are framing this in such a sexist tone - it is a completely understandable mental issue.

Why doesn't Lori get Dale to chop some damn carrots, before he pulls some dumbass stunt like trying to throw all their guns in the swamp again? Hell, why can't Carl cut up some carrots? It's about time Lori actually looked after her son for more than 2 consecutive minutes anyways.

Admittedly I had to go back pretty far but there is more after.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Definitely got a bad vibe from Randall when he was talking to Carl. They probably should have killed him.

Word.
    Dale wanted them to make the morally right decision. That doesn't mean it was the correct decision. :C

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

the whole "hey, I can take you back to meet my rapist friends bit" pretty much secured him as a scumbag

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    So, you guys are now mad at the kid acting irrationally?

Seriously?

I'm mad at the people here acting irrationally.

Seriously, I have never seen so much bitching here, and I can't fathom that all of it is justified.

Yes, there are some issues. The pacing is too slow, there are instances of characters misplacing their brains and doing something retarded, and for people wanting them to follow the comic perfectly, it clearly is not doing that.

But these are also small sacrifices in my book, because there is literally nothing else like this on television.

Here's a thought: maybe the people are acting irrationally and stupid because the situation they are in is so very fucked. You think anyone there is getting a good night's sleep? A good meal?

It's been wall-to-wall misery and death. I'm really not surprised that all the characters are hanging by a thread, both mentally and physically.

And for anyone who wishes it just followed the book's pacing....no. I love the book, I constantly read the new issues, but it also moves at way too fast a pace, and it's not without its share of characters acting like complete idiots (Rick's fist fight in the prison, for instance).

By all accounts the show still wins out for its pacing, because it gives us time to digest (ha, pun) the characters and settings better. Hershel and Shane are two examples of characters who have gotten far more development than they did in the comic. Lori is still a grey area, but I personally found her more unlikeable in the comic, so YMMV.

I kind of wish we had two separate threads, one for bitching about the show, one for people who actually enjoy it.

Also, I wonder if anyone else thought this was a season hook...
    T-Dog: "The Governor called, you're off the hook"

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Big Dookie wrote: »

I am so glad I decided to switch over to American Dad halfway through this episode.

Tuned back in for the end and yeah as an avid fan of the comics I do believe I am done.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    edit: I can bitch and complain but I'll probably still tune in again so whatever

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Y'know, given just how much freedom little Carl seems to have, you'd think that some other kid hadn't just died like a week ago when they wandered off by themselves.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    The other kid didn't just wander off.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah she had a legitimate reason . Carl is just mentally handicapped.

• Options
    there is so much god damn fodder around that farm and this is the direction they take?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Right. Because a kid exploring after getting yelled at by an adult is mentally handicapped.

Kids also never play with guns.

Kids also never try to act grown up.

Man. This show is so stupid and unrealistic.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I thought about it, and no, this is inexcusably bad writing. I can't keep watching it and support blundering nonsense of this high an order just because it has Daryl and zombies in it, which are the only two good things it has going for it right now.

Fuck AMC and fuck the writers for taking a promising show and running it into the ground just to save money.

• Options
    Carls actions are entirely understandable and they did a good job of showing what growing up in a zombie apocalypse could do to a kid.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So how many episodes are left in this season? 3?

• Options
    So how many episodes are left in this season? 3?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Right. Because a kid exploring after getting yelled at by an adult is mentally handicapped.

Kids also never play with guns.

Kids also never try to act grown up.

Man. This show is so stupid and unrealistic.

None that I ever knew. And yes the average child knows not to play with guns. They also dance around a hungry dead cannibal for fun for no reason.

• Options
    I don't even know how to respond.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    I've never read the comics. So all I see is a show with a lot of potential, that offers up something unique on TV today, that does all that unique stuff really well (tense action sequences, creepy horror scenes, good gross-out moments, nice zombie make-up) and then fails really really hard at the normal shit that every single show needs to be able to do, like write compelling characters, put non-stupid dialogue in their mouths, and keep up the pace.

I'm still watching for now, because frankly, when the show gets its act together, as it tends to do several times an episode, it's really good, and because there is nothing else like it on TV. But I'm going to keep on bitching because oh my god how much worse can they possibly fail at writing?

The death of one of the few characters on the show who was actually written decently is not helping to convince me I shouldn't just give up after the end of this season. I gave up on Glee for the same reasons--a few moments of excellence per episode just isn't enough given the heartbreak of watching all that potential go down the fucking drain.

ACsTqqK.jpg