As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twisted Metal] Sweet Tooth valentine

2»

• Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    add me on your friends list for a good time.

I didnt expect the story mode to be hard when I put it on hard. Can only imagine how difficult twisted is. The AI seems pretty good about eating your face.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's just me, but in the campaign you really ought to have your radar set on "distant" all the time.

Also that juggernaut fight was awesome.

• Options
    Getting warthog looks ridiculous.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    I'm fairly certain there will be cheat codes to unlock all the cars and stages, just like in all previous TM games.

Right?

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Hard became too stressful to continue on by stage 3... I cant imagine playing on twisted much less getting gold

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I got past Sweettooths story in hard mode, once you get to Mr. Grimm's, prepare to cut wrists.

precisionk on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    I'm fairly certain there will be cheat codes to unlock all the cars and stages, just like in all previous TM games.

Right?

Haven't cheat codes been extinct since last gen?

AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Bossking wrote:
    Matchmaking is so entirely broken in this game. To be honest, I myself haven't played much of this game. When I can pry it away from my girlfriend (a devoted TM fan), I'm going to attempt online, but I've only seen her able to connect to maybe three matches.

It isn't the MM, it's a problem with Sonys servers. Theyre currently reconfiguring them and it should be fixed within the next 72 hours according to the latest info.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Someone remind me how fucked up Sweet tooth was in TMB because in this game he's completely disturbing. Just finished his second cinematic.

• Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    Yeah the mid scene cinematic for sweet tooth is just as chilling as the intro

• Options
    Finished the story on normal late last night. Sit through all of the credits.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sweet tooth storyline was fantastic. Grimm's was predictable as fuck.
    Grimm was just a colossal idiot for thinking that sending him, as he is now, back in time would work. Maybe he should have specified that he wants to go back to himself as a kid with the knowledge that his Dad would crash.
    I just started Dollface and hopefully this one will be better.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Is there a cheat to unlock everything in Twisted Metal Black so I don't have to do it all over again?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Apparently a patch is going out today to fix a bunch of the multi-errors. People should definitely watch Jaffe's blog on youtube, its funny and he is pissed alot.

• Options
    Bionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMBionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM Registered User regular
    God, the races are awful.

Also, Sweet Tooth's ending was amazing. Mr. Grimm's was lame and Dollface's didn't even make sense.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    While I don't have a PS3 I did download TM:Head-On last night...first Twisted Metal game, should be interesting.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    While I don't have a PS3 I did download TM:Head-On last night...first Twisted Metal game, should be interesting.

Head On isn't the one you should be playing as your first TM. It wasn't very good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Skab wrote:

Head On isn't the one you should be playing as your first TM. It wasn't very good.
    Critics seemed to like it, and so did I, for what it was at least.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Skab wrote:

Well I don't have a PS2, so no Black, and I don't have a PS3, so new Twisted Metal. All that's left is the PSX title on PSN, which is Twisted Metal 2.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Skab wrote:

Well I don't have a PS2, so no Black, and I don't have a PS3, so new Twisted Metal. All that's left is the PSX title on PSN, which is Twisted Metal 2.

Which is the one you should be playing! 2 is the best and still holds up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I would say that the new Twisted Metal is the best one in the franchise by a wide margin. It's just so much fun and the singleplayer, outside of two or three levels, is great.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Would the bloody servers get fixed already? >:\

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna play? :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    nm

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Yeah, fun game. My buddy and I beat the game on Twisted, all golds except for silver on the last boss >.> Outlaw and Juggs just seem a must have for most of the game on that difficulty.

Fun game, but the races are just terrible. The reason I liked the TM series was because it had cars and they didn't race. The multi-part bosses seemed a bit much without checkpoints between the various stages. But we'll be playing it again. Just a shame most of my old friends who played TM2 just don't own a PS3.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    So, new patch for this out today? Is matchmaking still fucked? Jaffe sounded like they've gotten the problem halfway fixed.

I want to get this game, but I think I'm going to wait until they get this stuff fixed. Sounds like they're working diligently at it, so I'm sure everything will be taken care of...

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Matchmaking is working great, I haven't had any issues.

• Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    Just unlocked Juggernaught today. =)

So sad G&T is ignoring this gem. The game is one of the best multiplayer experiences this gen

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Wow I'm really surprised that this game is being overlooked by G&T it was a huge announcement at E3.

I've gotten stuck right now on Dollface Mission 2 with the 2 Juggernauts> I've tried Talon which I normally dominate with and Sweet Tooth and I am getting slaughtered. I've been at it for over 2 hours and it getting to the point where I want to throw my controller through the wall. It's like the designers decided to be complete silly geese and only give 2 health items for the whole match and you are seriously out gunned. So Damn frustrating!!

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    Damn at story mode. That stupid giant robot.

• Options
    Is multiplayer still borked?

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm having the weirdest time with this game. I could not beat the double juggernaut mission sunday night but then last night I do it in one shot with Talon. I blast through the next couple of events no problem and get to that damn checkpoint race and fail it every time.
    Algertman wrote: »
    Damn at story mode. That stupid giant robot.

Oh god that Robot mission is a pain. Not sure what phase you are on but.

Part 1: take out the white cars even if you have the leader roped to the back. if you don't they will hammer you to death.

Part 2: Unload on her with specials.

Part 3: Stay as close as you can and move with her staying in the ring. Hammer her with everything you got.

Part 4: Is really easy just hop the shockwave.

Part 5: Is fairly easy.

The hardest parts are parts 1 and 3 everything else is normal/easy.
    Is multiplayer still borked?

Dunno haven't touched it yet. Gonna finish story mode first. Heard there is patch but I don't know if that helps.

Artoria on
  • Options
    From what I have read, it hasn't helped much.

mrsatansig.png