As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Game Over! Way to go killer p.50 The Unfortunate Voyage of the Harbinger

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Gordon nods at Ace.

"Aye, sir!"

Alegis

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    (Again, for color AND bold) Alegis

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Oh man, lolgametheory, I don't even know what that means, Infidel.

Honestly though, just trying to learn the exact balance so I don't give the Sith a huge advantage in my game when I run (for instance, I was thinking about giving them a busdriver having never seen one in play. I now know that would be a poor idea). There's not a phalla mechanics thread, so I'm mostly learning by watching what other hosts do and discussing after each phalla.

I was a dick though, can't fault votes for that.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote the program that doomed us all.

NEVER CROSS A NAVIGATOR.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Nirya seems to have terrorist sympathies if he wants to kill the keeper of the box!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Skull Man

The failure of his leadership has doomed us all!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Meh, can't muster the energy to RPost right now.

godmode for a vlads. All the vlads

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'll go with corvidae because I have no idea why he is grudging me. The only thing I can think of is general dislike or because he killed me when I was part of his faction in a game awhile back and I was inactive and didn't contact Retaba (who was part of his group)- so they decided to kill people who were silent. I was asking to be replaced I think that day.. O_O think this was Lain

Also baddies rarely vote for each other on day 1 (that is to say both vote for each other. one voting for the other is not uncommon, but for both to vote for each other draws some attention). So if corvidae turns up evil. This may provide information later on.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I will not tolerate this base insubordination Baidol

You're lucky taya is so obviously goddamn evil!!!!!!!!

• Options
    That seems like a really odd thing to bring up egos...and kind of out of character for you to say day one?

I'm not really sure what the difference between voting for a fellow mafia day one and cross voting for a fellow mafia would be anyway

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Assuran wrote: »
    Oh man, lolgametheory, I don't even know what that means, Infidel.

Honestly though, just trying to learn the exact balance so I don't give the Sith a huge advantage in my game when I run (for instance, I was thinking about giving them a busdriver having never seen one in play. I now know that would be a poor idea). There's not a phalla mechanics thread, so I'm mostly learning by watching what other hosts do and discussing after each phalla.

I was a dick though, can't fault votes for that.

You have no idea how excited and disappointed I am for a Star Wars themed phalla. Excited because, well, come on. Its Star Wars and having Jedi and Sith with force based phalla powers is going to be awesome. Disappointed because after my second phalla, I decided that at some point I would want to run one, so I started coming up with cool mechanics for a Star Wars phalla, only to discover that Assuran already has one being planned out.

No pressure, Assuran, but if you screw up a Star Wars themed phalla I will grudge you forever.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Seriously assuran, get someone to look at the balance before you run it. Really, even experienced players should get a second opinion on their balance, unless they're like...infi or edcrab

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yes, I was planning on it. Was going to ask 3clipse since he said he was happy to look over phallas in the sign up thread. But, it's not done yet. Looking like sometime in May before I'm ready.

But, enough of my plans, let us focus on this game. I don't want to upset the host.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thank you all for attending the presentation of our newest AI instead of heading to medbay. I'm sure you will all be impressed.

To prove its intelligence we will run our newest AI codenamed NeverGoCrazyAndKillEveryone through a simple adventure game test.

Alright "NeverGoCrazyAndKillEveryone" will now display its logic. It has never been in this scenario before, so it should be interesting to see its thought process.
    **You are in a room.  The walls are made of pressurized metal.  Exits:n, s, airlock.  Also in the room:  A lovable stowaway.  Command?**

>THROW THE EVIL ROBOT OUT THE AIRLOCK!!!!!!!!!

Heh, its uh a work in progress, still a few bugs, heh heh. Let me just correct it.
    ** There are no evil robots in the room.  Please enter new command**

>THROW THE EVIL A lovable stowaway OUT THE AIRLOCK!!!!!!!!!
    CAPFALCON
    CAPFALCON
    CAPFALCON
    CAPFALCON
    CAPFALCON
    CAPFALCON
    CAPFALCON

Hmm, it does seem quite insistent doesn't it? Well, best to appease it. We wired it into controlling life support as per corporate policy.
    Capfalcon

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    re egos: That is a super suspicious thing to say. Especially since you only have one vote.

re obifett: there is not a limit on themes. You are welcome to do a star wars phalla if you want and put your own spin on it.

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    I will not tolerate this base insubordination Baidol

You're lucky taya is so obviously goddamn evil!!!!!!!!

Your day will come, old man.

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    My name is Reuben Kinkaid, and i'll be your pilot for the duration of the passage, ladies and gentlemen
    It's my first flight so i'd appreciate a little slack if you have it in your hearts to give

• Options
    This is all your fault, Personface.

Well, it is all Skull Man's fault.

But then it is all your fault.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Egos, are you sure about what you said? I don't think Corvidae and I have ever really had the chance to do that? Also, I don't think I was in the Lain Phalla?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Baidol wrote: »
    This is all your fault, Personface.

Well, it is all Skull Man's fault.

But then it is all your fault.
    so we're doomed then? Great.

Everyone align your head and vital organs with the spikes, no sense in prolonging the suffering.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Retaba wrote: »
    Egos, are you sure about what you said? I don't think Corvidae and I have ever really had the chance to do that? Also, I don't think I was in the Lain Phalla?

Are you sure, didn't you out yourself as a faction leader of the Knights and then ask for people to contact you? I didn't and then I ended up getting killed by corv who was the vig. I'll double check.

edit: faciton leader should be - faction member of the Knights

Egos on
  • Options
    Also assuran, whatever you do, don't put in a Vlad. Like godmode did :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Courage, men.

Courage is your bulwark. Fear is the spear of your enemy.

COURAGE.

• Options
    THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING

COURAGE IS NOW MANDATORY

• Options
    doo doo
    @Retaba

here you go.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Also assuran, whatever you do, don't put in a Vlad. Like [color]godmode[/color] did :P
    Have I asked this before?

Because, whats a vlad?

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    doo doo
    @Retaba

here you go.

my bad though, corv was the seer -not the vigi (jdark was).

But that's really the only reason I can think of corv grudging me or else because of some arguing we had over balance or some crap.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING

COURAGE IS NOW MANDATORY

Liquid courage, ladies.

also gents.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

Because, whats a vlad?

It's kinda poorly defined as I understand. I think it's just an extremely overpowered role that throws everything out of loop. E.g. thrall vigi

So it can take a few forms. When I first started hearing the term, I thought of it more as an unstoppable killer.

• Options
    Yes that is precisely the correct attitude

someone needs to drink all the alcohol because the pilot is A) on his first mission B) underage C) a smoldering lush

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Please come to the medbay we have all sorts of flavors of liquid courage.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Not game related.

New hosts: seriously, just ask someone to look things over. The biggest excuse seems to be "I want people to be able to play" but we don't mind (well, I don't mind). Having one or two people unable to play your game after they made the decision willingly is no big deal, wasting the time of 50+ people on a broken game that would have been obvious to others is not a great deal of fun.

New players: hang out, get a feel, and relax. Notice a bit lately that some people are taking their first game or two personally when they get attacked or questioned or whatever. Relax. It is actually part of the game, and the majority of people later go "yeah, I was being silly, let's move on." Try to have fun!

After a while you live off that kind of shit. :3

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

Because, whats a vlad?

It's kinda poorly defined as I understand. I think it's just an extremely overpowered role that throws everything out of loop. E.g. thrall vigi

So it can take a few forms. When I first started hearing the term, I thought of it more as an unstoppable killer.

That's one use of it, but I thought most vlads, including the titular one from the max phallayne, were also unreliable masons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Also, Infidel sucks at phalla.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Yay this game has started!

Incident Report #A546FB98

Date: launch date to now
    Time: apparently all the time
    Offending Citizens: no damn idea
    Incident Type: F69

Description of Incident:
    Yes, I wrote F69, and yes I know that means terrorists. They've taken off the safety protocols on the ship. All the other police are dead. Its just me and Peter Rogers, now. I think I counted 4 "completely useless around civilians" marines on deck Omega with the rest of the survivors. Survivors number around 50. So 6 people to protect 50. 6 people to find the terrorists in the 50 and protect the innocent. I need to make sure my fellow protectors are actually protectors. Will start interrogating now. Need to start with the my fellow policeman to ensure he is with us. Interrogation report will be attached for gaslight after I complete the proper interrogation procedure.

Filed by:
    Clark Wayne
    Officer 542020

I would be annoyed by this, but God, Wayne, I have to admire your style at handling paperwork.

• Options

!Baidol >(

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »

!Baidol >(

You will not be able to hide behind your words and your logic forever!

• Options
    Infidel wrote: »

!Baidol >(

You will not be able to hide behind your words and your logic forever!

I was going to point out you forgot about all my lies but I realized that words covers that well enough.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Speaking of new people

@Obifett

How do you intend on killing us all this time?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    All words are lies