As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] Podcaster Meetup

nbneilnbneil Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in PAX Archive
I know this was being thrown around last year, but I wasn't privy to any actual plan if it did happen. If you have a podcast and are attending PAX East, why not hang out with other podcasters and "network"? It's not evil. I promise. Many members of the NerdBound Podcast will be there and would love the opportunity to chat with other members of the community about their work and maybe even learn something. Or if you want to do crossover events or other craziness, that's cool too. I just wanted to start the conversation and if there is interest, we can figure it out from there.

Anyone with me on this?

nbneil on

• Options
    mad_typistmad_typist Registered User regular
    Sounds great. All 3 of the Across the Nerdaverse hosts will be there and we love meeting fellow podcasters.

• Options
    Awesome!

Word on the street is some of the Fandible folks will be there as well. Maybe I can prod them into joining up.

My original idea for PAX this year was a D&D PvP tournament (if WotC didn't put the smack down). If it helps to have a specific idea, we could to a podcast showdown. Or just chat it up. We're pretty laid back on the planning.

• Options
    WGamingRecapWGamingRecap USARegistered User new member
    We run a small podcast/video/blog and would love to meet fellow podcasters. What's the best way to find everyone?

• Options
    DafreakzoDafreakzo New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Hey all. Myself (Jeremy) and Stephen from Onlivefans.com The Breaking Point podcast will be attending PAX East as well. We are def interested in meeting up with everyone. E-mail me JeremyB@onlivefans.com and we can make some plans.

• Options
    RachelkittenRachelkitten PMS_KTN Broomfield, CORegistered User regular
    Myself and another girl are the hosts for IRBGamer podcast. The podcast has been dead for awhile and Herself and I are planning on resurrecting it at PAX.

Pax East 2012 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accomodations [X] Travel [X] Time Off [X]
    Twitter: KTNPWNS_PMS
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    yeah this is awesome! i am only going on saturday but this sounds cool!
    i have BUSINESS CARDS with NON-WORKING URL ON THEM
    :D

i'll even bring my netbook and a rock band mic for some ON THE FLY casting

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    I have not been to PAX before so I am pretty unfamiliar with the layout etc. Can anyone think of a place for everyone to meet up at?

• Options
    there's lots of open areas, the main lobby itself is massive

• Options
    RedBerriesRedBerries Dragon Fister Historian HolbrookRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A few of us from the Dragonfisters Actual Play podcast will be there too! We would love to network, when I say we I really mean me (edit :and then my GM just yelled at me and told me we means all of us actually LOL ) Let me know what is up!
    email Pepper.thedragonfisters@gmail.com
    Feed http://thedragonfisters.forumotion.com/

RedBerries on
  • Options
    Friday at 6pm we will be free until the concerts! Anyone wanna meetup then?

• Options
    Wow, I don't pay attention for a month and look what happens. So five of the NerdBound Podcast members will be there with some stickers and refrigerator magnets to hand out. Thanks LivingSocial deals!

Anyway, we're keen to meet up with folks (at least I am as the group's leader and "social one". I'd say near the board game library/check-out area is fairly easy to find for everyone. 6PM on Friday could be difficult for us as the DND Next event is at 7pm and we'll be in line unless it starts queuing up at 4PM. I'm not sitting in line that long. Other than that particular event, we're pretty open.

You can hit up the NB folks at nerdboundpodcast@gmail.com or @RealNerdBound on twitter.

We'll be playing a ton of board games and I'm planning on running Fear Itself and maybe some other stuff if people want to have some podcast crossover events.

• Options
    MMO ReporterMMO Reporter Registered User new member
    Hey Everyone! If we can get this together, I'd love to meet up! I'm the only one from MMO Reporter going to PAX East, so it would be great to meet up with fellow podcasters.

I'd be good for 6PM on Friday or Saturday, once the show floor closes. If anyone else is planning on skipping the concerts, would that time work?

I'm also new to Boston and PAX East, so I can't suggest a place.

• Options
    i'm open to 6pm on saturday, at that time the hall will be emptier than during the day so it should be easy to find a spot in the main lobby or nearby. even by an escalator or in a longer hallway would work, or there is a cafeteria where i saw some folks podcasting last year.

keep me posted, and i'll tweet at you nbneil

• Options
    Harlequin ShadowlandsHarlequin Shadowlands Registered User regular
    Myself and staff from World of Darkness News (www.wodnews.net) will be video blogging from the floor interviewing folks and developers. Would be happy to meet and mingle with you folks. How about the gamers gone wild party at Felt in friday night as a suggestion for a meet up? Or Sat night there is a great cafe in the north end called cafe vittoria on hanover st. It is large and can hold many people. Has great coffee, pastry and for those of age drinks.

Just some thoughts, either case I will be the Victorian Gothic dressed man (like my avatar) wandering around the showroom floor if you want to say hello :)

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    News, Community site for the WoD MMORPG
  • Options
    Ok..our interviews keep piling up with devs so our times are getting even more and more limited. If anyone wants to meet up to network or chill email me jeremyb@onlivefans.com :) Wish I could meet everyone but it seems easier to just discuss this with people via email.

• Options
    We roll pretty fast and loose, so I'm sure we can work around a lot of the times. During the concerts is definitely a possibility for us. We don't attend a ton of session unless it's an impromptu decision. This is our game-cation where we maximize our playing time really. Right now Friday and Saturday at 6PM probably won't work for me personally (D&D Next maybe and dinner on Saturday for sure). Afternoon-ish 2-5PM or later 9PM-12AM definitely work better. The rest of my group is probably fine whenever.

Is there consensus about meeting at the Convention Center vs. somewhere else?

Definitely email or tweet us.

Alternatively, I'll aggregate all the contact info from everyone and send a group email to get things more settled.

• Options
    Oh, The Whiskey Priest right up the street from the convention center has a ridiculous looking 80's cover band on Saturday night at 10PM. Perhaps an 9PM to socialize before I'm sure it's insane?

• Options
    Here are my "official" suggestions which are subject to suggestions:

Flour Bakery + Cafe at 3PM on Saturday (within walking distance)
    Outside the food court at 9PM Saturday and decide whether to stick around the convention hall or hit up a local establishment.

Comments welcomed.

Also could people interested in meeting up send an email to nerdboundpodcast@gmail.com so everyone can get on one reply all list?

• Options
    WGamingRecapWGamingRecap USARegistered User new member
    This is our first PAX as well, we don't have any schedule really, just bringing the camera, mic and seeing what and who we can record, can't wait to meet some fellow podcasters.

• Options
    Final decision:

3pm Level 1 lobby by the food court and rock band stage. We can move to the tabletop area or off site once we have critical mass or not. I'd rather get people together first and decide in person.

• Options
    Podcaster meetup. I'm under the large television by Rock Band stage in green sweater and grey hoodie.