Options

Kitty [Chat]s!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Well, listening to a podcast while working out? Definitely a fun thing. i need to find some podcasts to listen to, but the giant Bomb one was nice.

The PA podcasts where they play D&D have served me very well for working out. Also the old PA podcasts before they did the 4th panel videos are super fun too.

If you uh...are a total nerd like me I can point you toward a good podcast about Napoleon... :P

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Thank you, ludious, i will write those down.

I am envisioning you getting out a pencil and pad and writing out each individual suggestion instead of copy/pasting to an email or document or something

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    I think I would kill half of [chat] right now to get a Betty Crocker cake in my mouth right now.

... That sounds like a lot more effort than, say, getting a Betty Crocker cake.

Or baking a cake.

Or even getting one of us to bake you a cake and ship it to you (not an advised solution to your cake needs).

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I think I would kill half of [chat] right now to get a Betty Crocker cake in my mouth right now.

Which half?

I hate cake, I wouldn't eat any of your cake Mim, not any! D:

I guess you'd live then. On the condition that while I'm scarfing the cake down you sit there and tell me how prettier and thinner I'm getting with every bite.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    15 grabs one match.

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Or baking a cake.

Or even getting one of us to bake you a cake and ship it to you (not an advised solution to your cake needs).

Yeah, but it'd be a lot less fun and would involve a lot less fire.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Or baking a cake.

You gotta know how to cap a flag to bake a cake

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Thank you, ludious, i will write those down.

I am envisioning you getting out a pencil and pad and writing out each individual suggestion instead of copy/pasting to an email or document or something

i actually did that. On a paper pad.

Because reasons.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    lud how much of rogan's podcast is about mma/bjj these days

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Well, listening to a podcast while working out? Definitely a fun thing. i need to find some podcasts to listen to, but the giant Bomb one was nice.

The PA podcasts where they play D&D have served me very well for working out. Also the old PA podcasts before they did the 4th panel videos are super fun too.

If you uh...are a total nerd like me I can point you toward a good podcast about Napoleon... :P

Do you like the Dice Tower or Ludology podcasts?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Rolling with just the Widow 1 and getting 20 headshots, 75 kills and 75 sniper rifle kills is so fun. Silver is definitely much more enjoyable than bronze, but so often my teammates just can't cut it.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I love writing stuff on paper.

Wrote all my papers by hand first.

You know why?

Because FUCK YOU that's why.

High five paper buddy.

Edit: Fucking... stop going back in time, posts!

21stCentury on
  • Options
    I love writing stuff on paper.

Wrote all my papers by hand first.

You know why?

Because FUCK YOU that's why.

• Options
    poshniallo wrote: »

I haven't listened to either actually. I'm a big fan of the videos that Dice Tower puts out so I imagine that their podcast is quality. Not familiar with Ludology personally.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    aaron's iphone is awesome we can take pictures and videos so easily now :o

• Options

Or baking a cake.

Not if you baked your cake in a wood stove! Then there's lot of fire.

Or baking a cake.

You gotta know how to cap a flag to bake a cake

This is sound logic, and true so far in my experience.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    meem we must share an apartment so I can make the yummy foods you need

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Which half?

I hate cake, I wouldn't eat any of your cake Mim, not any! D:

I guess you'd live then. On the condition that while I'm scarfing the cake down you sit there and tell me how prettier and thinner I'm getting with every bite.

If I had a nickel for every time I've done that...

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You can get Car Talk, This American Life, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me in podcast form, although I think they all only offer the latest episode for download for free.

wandering on
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    lud how much of rogan's podcast is about mma/bjj these days

if a big event just happened, they might talk about it off and on for 30 minutes throughout the 2 1/2 hours. But it's usually mentioned at least a bit every episode.

He's getting srs business guests more and more so sometime things stay on topic pretty good. Like when Jason Silva is on the show it's almost allllll Transhumanism/Futurist stuff.

• Options
    meem we must share an apartment so I can make the yummy foods you need

I'd need to check the expiration date on all the products first before you baked them, CC :p<3

• Options

I haven't listened to either actually. I'm a big fan of the videos that Dice Tower puts out so I imagine that their podcast is quality. Not familiar with Ludology personally.

The podcasts are great - there is a co-host, Eric Summerer, who is more into Euros and a very nice man, and they have an excellent dynamic. I can't praise the podcasts enough - professional, well-made, lots of different segments from different contributors, fast, funny...

Ludology is about game theory - dice, psychology and so on. Not 'Game Theory', just the theory behind game design.

• Options

This is going to lead to terrible, awful things.

• Options
    Today I learned that, assuming we are all armed with blades, I can on average kill about six children before their sheer numbers take me down.

I am sure this will be important knowledge... never.

• Options

This is going to lead to terrible, awful things.

Nudes accidentally sent to parents.

• Options
    where can i find the PA podcasts, actually? There doesn't seem to be a tab for it...

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    You can get Car Talk, This American Life, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me in podcast form, although I think they all only offer the latest episode for download.

The "This American Life" app gives you access to all episodes and is only like... 2 bucks. Definitely worth it if you have android/iOS

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

The podcasts are great - there is a co-host, Eric Summerer, who is more into Euros and a very nice man, and they have an excellent dynamic. I can't praise the podcasts enough - professional, well-made, lots of different segments from different contributors, fast, funny...

Ludology is about game theory - dice, psychology and so on. Not 'Game Theory', just the theory behind game design.

Ooooh Ludology sounds very interesting.

• Options
    I think that J has managed to outdo himself there. A bit of a shame, really.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Ugh, it seems like my mother may be developing a mild bipolar condition. Whatever that means

My mom had something like that. Something about throwing her youth a

It is very odd. I was just back with them about 7-8 weeks ago and everything seemed quite normal, but now it appears that my sister, brother (his wife too), one of her oldest friends and my father all think she is having super highs and super lows. The highs seem to be very high. She had a depressive incident last year and we thought she was seeing a psychiatrist about it but it turns out she was just seeing a normal GP and counsellor. Now we are wondering how to convince her to self refer to a psychiatrist

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options

Or baking a cake.

Yeah, but there wouldn't be as much fire as half of [chat] on fire. Running around. Screaming.

I can smell it now.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    You can get Car Talk, This American Life, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me in podcast form, although I think they all only offer the latest episode for download.

Nah, you can get all of 'em if you dig around on the NPR site.

They also have stuff like this, which is pretty kickin rad.

• Options
    where can i find the PA podcasts, actually? There doesn't seem to be a tab for it...

You'll probably have better luck finding the PA D&D podcasts under Wizards of the Coast (which are the folks who make D&D these days).

As for the older ones I haven't a clue, sorry.

• Options
    Oh also 21st, Stitcher is a really good podcast app for ios and android

• Options

Or baking a cake.

Yeah, but there wouldn't be as much fire as half of [chat] on fire. Running around. Screaming.

I can smell it now.

I'm not sure what emotion I'm feeling right now.

• Options
    Oh also 21st, Stitcher is a really good podcast app for ios and android

i don't have a phone. i am a caveman, IRL.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hey [chat] so

When someone says "I would hypothetically kill (portion) of [chat] for (x)" I want assurance that I will be in the spared group

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    desc wrote: »
    Hey [chat] so

When someone says "I would hypothetically kill (portion) of [chat] for (x)" I want assurance that I will be in the spared group
    you have to offer the (x) as tribute

Elendil on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I would hypothetically kill 30% of [chat] for desc's well-being.

• Options
    edited April 2012

Or baking a cake.

I can smell it now.

I'm not sure what emotion I'm feeling right now.

I bet you're feeling

toasty

pO8FC.png

Mim on
This discussion has been closed.