As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Wide Webcomics in The Wubble Woo

19495969798100»

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    2012-04-17-naughty.jpg

Colin you fuckup

xet8c.gif

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    2012-04-11-PAXEast2A.jpg

Guys, I'm sorry I didn't track these two foul men down and break their fingers before this happened.

This one's on me.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    Sal wrote: »
    2012-04-17-naughty.jpg

Colin you fuckup

Hey lay off Colin, man.

He didn't ask to such a fucku-- success-challenged individual.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    7MYlJ.jpg

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    speaking of

wasn't there going to be nips at some point did I miss out on the nips

• Options
    2012-04-17.jpg

xet8c.gif

• Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    speaking of

wasn't there going to be nips at some point did I miss out on the nips

the nips slipped you by

xet8c.gif

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    son of a bitch

If I don't see some cartoon nips soon...!

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i was going to be racist but decided against it

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    let's all not be racist together

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Also this is really interesting:

http://www.comicbookbin.com/Interview_TJ_Amal_Creator001.html
    CBB: TJ and Amal is a buddy comic strip. We’ve seen a few of those, even in the super hero genre. But I’ve never seen one like yours. What inspired you to create this feature?

E.K. Weaver: There wasn’t a single, specific inspiration. I’ve always adored films and TV shows where the character relationships and character development are the defining factors. I love comics and animation that use silence and body language to convey as much information as dialogue. On top of that, I’m a big fan of the “strangers thrust together by chance gradually form close bonds” setup (e.g. Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo)… so I guess I’m just making the kind of story I’d want to read.

bartonsprings3.jpg

CBB: When reading TJ and Amal, I really found myself liking the story and the very realistic feel. One thing that did bug me in a way was the yaoi label applied to it. It felt like it wasn’t written for me even though I enjoyed it a lot. Like I was not the targeted demographic group supposed to read it. How do you feel about such labels and how they influence what people will say about comics or even how they recommend them?

E.K. Weaver: Genre labels can be both convenient and frustrating. If you’re primarily interested in sci-fi, for example, it’s handy to have that label to gravitate towards. But for works that span genres, or don’t adhere to genre conventions, labels can be reductive and even detrimental. TJ and Amal isn’t aimed at any particular genre or demographic. I hope it’ll attract readers who enjoy fun dialogue and interesting characters, but beyond that… nope, that’s all I care about. I honestly don’t have a solid label for it, myself.

I used to get pretty down when someone would label TJ and Amal “yaoi”, since that label carries a connotation of shallowness and meaninglessness, but… I don’t know, fretting about it, trying to fight it seems like a waste of energy. People will call it what they want, and if the story is strong enough, it’ll break past those labels.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Damn, half her book orders go to Europe. That is a really interesting article, and one of the best interviews in regards to webcomics I've ever read.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    zdgxh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.