Options

Capcom's [Dragon's Dogma] - POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I think it is neat that the Cyclops heads sort of resemble elephant heads.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Ok, was not aware that the XP was already confirmed to not carry over. That's fine, still just looking forward to locking in my class.

It's a real shame it's not a 3 scenario demo so we could try the Mage as well.
    I think it is neat that the Cyclops heads sort of resemble elephant heads.

I'm all about hanging off one of those tusks and smacking them in the face.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    The spells look great and all but I'm so going to be an up close melee fighter on my first playthrough. I know anyone can grab on to stuff but will just feel better with a massive sword in hand.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I reckon I'm going warrior as well although the temptation is still there to just stay fighter throughout.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    All the cool people play on PS3.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Gametrailers have a live demo going in just over 90 mins (I think).

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/04/13/gtlive-dragons-dogma-preview-monday-april-16th/

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    A LIVE DEMON?!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I don't even know where you would get a Skyrim ripoff from.

Its more Monster Hunter than anything since the combat actually looks fun.

Yeah, how would someone ever make a connection between a fantasy game with dragons and another fantasy game with dragons. :rotate:

...Well...that isn't exactly unique to Skyrim either.

Just saying.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    My Wii is plugged in, but my PS3 is unhooked. How strange is that?

I'll play both next week, and see if I can manufacture a preference. If not, I'll just go wherever the most PA folk are.

Speaking of which, do we have a sign up form / spreadsheet for DD yet?

I could create a list in the OP if people start listing their platform/gamertag.

I'm going to wait for the demo before I make up my mind which platform to buy it on. I'll find a nice open spot in the demo and just keep switching back and forth between signals.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Renzo wrote: »
    A LIVE DEMON?!

Fuck you must have been quick to catch that one.

A live demon would be pretty awesome though, just casually presenting the stream.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    My Wii is plugged in, but my PS3 is unhooked. How strange is that?

I'll play both next week, and see if I can manufacture a preference. If not, I'll just go wherever the most PA folk are.

I could create a list in the OP if people start listing their platform/gamertag.

I'm going to wait for the demo before I make up my mind which platform to buy it on. I'll find a nice open spot in the demo and just keep switching back and forth between signals.

Is this for whoring out our Pawns?

360/Skull2185

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    I was a believer the moment we first saw the very first videos. Everything just clicked.

I'm probably not getting this until some time later though because of the Diablos. Such a shame that both games are released at the same time. Demo I will be playing for sure.

Have I understood it right that at first you can only choose from the three base classes? Would I have to play as the wizard for some time before unlocking the sorcerer, for example?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Do you want to do that? If not, I can throw together a Google Doc in about thirty seconds. You could link the doc instead.

Seems like a lot less work for you. :)

Results spreadsheet

I'll delete 'em if you'd rather manage it manually.

The ID column needs to widened.

• Options
    The demo comes out the week i'm in DC and not at home able to play it. :(

• Options
    Didn't you hear? Everyone in DC is partying it up in Colombia with hookers n' booze?

Your trip was cancelled! :^:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    Whoah hey what is going on in this thread! This looks like a awesome.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I love the idea of releasing the character creator ahead of the game like this, and allowing import to the main game. Such a good idea. I'd probably spend a while in the character creator as it is, and now I can just jump into the game when it hits.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Yeah it gives you some time to dick around without any sort of urgency which is a nice change of pace. I always end up hitting the "random" button a billion times until I see something I like on any game that lets you make your own guy anymore, mainly because I just want to play the damn game and not spend hours going over the size of my nose or sideburns.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah I am completely over character creation in most games. Just give me a default character that doesn't look like shit, some random hairstyles, scars, and piercings to fuck with and that's all I need.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ooh Cockatri . . xes?

At anyrate that's a woefully underused Fantasty monster.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Watching the recorded stream is a little annoying since there's no sound.

The little bit that I saw makes me not all that interested in Warrior. 2HSword is slooooow in this game.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AlgarAlgar Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Spectrum wrote: »

The little bit that I saw makes me not all that interested in Warrior. 2HSword is slooooow in this game.

I wouldn't judge the Warrior's speed entirely based on that video, they are still the slowest class but in the stream the dude was over-encumbered the first entire hour because he kept every pieces of equipments on him so he could switch easier to other classes, so he was in slow motion mode until someone point out he's overweight, but I didn't watch the entire video myself.

Algar on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Well that's kinda the same as in Monster Hunter; the weapons have a (relativedly) realistic speed for something which is a huge chunk of metal you have to swing around for hours. If you want a faster attack speed you go with the smaller sword.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    That's just a giant rooster. Looking for some giant hens... why you gotta mess his play up?

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    It's $47.99 on Newegg for the next 48 hours with a promo code.

Veeeerry tempting.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Loving the cockatrix, gonna grab me some wattle and swing around a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »

Veeeerry tempting.

Which are PS3 promo code EMCNFJC242

360 promo code EMCNFJC239

Way to give half the story. Make me go lookin'.

:x

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Well that's kinda the same as in Monster Hunter; the weapons have a (relativedly) realistic speed for something which is a huge chunk of metal you have to swing around for hours. If you want a faster attack speed you go with the smaller sword.

This gentleman knows what's up.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Veeeerry tempting.

Which are PS3 promo code EMCNFJC242

360 promo code EMCNFJC239

Way to give half the story. Make me go lookin'.

:x

Ah sorry - i thought they were unique to the person getting the newsletter - and I aint giving up my codes until I decide if Im usin' 'em!

Aaaaand I just remembered this gets you the RE6 demo too, so I'm using mine. On the 360.

That + watching that 10 minute OXM preview sold me.

because the first thing Im doing is finding Jumbles and using him.

Actually - that makes me think - I havent watched much on Pawns yet, is there a way you could end up with like, the Rock Star of pawns? Say I make an awesome guy, and you guys use him, and word gets around he's good...i want a celebrity pawn!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Actually - that makes me think - I havent watched much on Pawns yet, is there a way you could end up with like, the Rock Star of pawns? Say I make an awesome guy, and you guys use him, and word gets around he's good...i want a celebrity pawn!

You'll have to give him tits.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Indeed, if rewards are gained by other people using your pawn then mine shall be the most blatantly buxom trollop the character builder can provide.

Work it baby. Your virtual pimp daddy needs those in game rewards.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    you know what else is awesome?

I havent heard a single thing about "morality". And I love that.

If I wanna huck a guy off a roof, let me do it without making people hate me or be mad at me or locking out quests. Sometime a dudes got to let off some steam.

• Options
    Indeed, if rewards are gained by other people using your pawn then mine shall be the most blatantly buxom trollop the character builder can provide.

I'd be doing this anyway.

My pawns are going to be cannon fodder. I mean.... what better way to lure an Ogre than with an as nude as possible lady with big ol bewbs?

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I'd be doing this anyway.

My pawns are going to be cannon fodder. I mean.... what better way to lure an Ogre than with an as nude as possible lady with big ol bewbs?

A chilidog maybe? Jesus, Skullnumbers. Why you gotta go right to the white slave trade.

• Options
    Well then, people are going to have to use my pawns and shower them with gifts of the finest quality. Or else, they get fed to Ogres. I'm like Unicef in that way.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Algar wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »

I wouldn't judge the Warrior's speed entirely based on that video, they are still the slowest class but in the stream the dude was over-encumbered the first entire hour because he kept every pieces of equipments on him so he could switch easier to other classes, so he was in slow motion mode until someone point out he's overweight, but I didn't watch the entire video myself.

So we can totally change classes without any sort of penalty?

If so THANK GOODNESS!

• Options
    Technically yes but bare in mind that your stats are dependant on your current class whenever you level up and gear isn't cheap. You still have some decent flexibility though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    you know what else is awesome?

I havent heard a single thing about "morality". And I love that.

If I wanna huck a guy off a roof, let me do it without making people hate me or be mad at me or locking out quests. Sometime a dudes got to let off some steam.

Actually, some of the previews mentioned you can get yourself in trouble with the law, and there is a reputation system. The people of a city might not like you very much if you throw them off roofs.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Whatever, Im fine with having to pay fines or go to jail. That's cool. I'm tough like that.

I just don't want to deal with "Oh well now we wont sell you things because youre mean." or "I cant send you out on that quest because I don't agree with how you threw Bart off a cliff." or "This monster is terrorizing a town...of criminals! What will you decide?"

Just let me go out and fight monsters, and occasionally throw a villager.

This discussion has been closed.