As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All sigs were replaced for a short period

All signatures were replaced by a comic strip, the one with the boars and the server monster. It just fixed itself but was quite odd.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    All signatures were replaced by a comic strip, the one with the boars and the server monster. It just fixed itself but was quite odd.
    ?

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    ?
    Whoops, only Social Entropy++ was hit with this bug. However now the borders and trimmings of the pages are dissappearing. I cannot find another way to describe this.

• Options
    edited August 2006
    ?
    Whoops, only Social Entropy++ was hit with this bug. However now the borders and trimmings of the pages are dissappearing. I cannot find another way to describe this.
    Thou shalt not drink and file bug reports :wink:

(Screenshot?)

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    ?
    Thou shalt not drink and file bug reports :wink:

(Screenshot?)
    Meh it stopped. Now I look like a retard.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    What the hell...?

I was just refreshing a thread and when it loaded, all that was there was this image:

fatality.jpg

And that image wasn't ANYWHERE on the page originally. The forums didn't even load...it was just that pic. :|

Edit: And now...the 'new posts' icon got replaced with the child's play logo:

cpfj1.jpg

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    The more documentation I can get on this bug, the better.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I had a bunch of text popup (looked like code), then the window that pops up when you click to download something in Firefox. It was something.php.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    er...The twisted smilies has been replaced with a stupid picture.

pax_5.jpg

Is someone drunk and playing silly buggers? Or has the site been wanged from so many hits?

edit: so it seems pics from Gabe's post are showing up in random places.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    speakeasy2zm8.jpg

speakeasy1xq1.jpg

O_o

Legacy on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2006
    that speakeasy thing has replaced the :D smilie

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    I had a bunch of text popup (looked like code), then the window that pops up when you click to download something in Firefox. It was something.php.

Like this?

codedhy3.th.jpg

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    papmgz4.jpg

PM icon replaced by PA logo.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    the pink "new post" folder icon is now the RSS feed

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    widowtf2.jpg

widow2co6.jpg

:|

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    the quote button is now the "previous comic" button

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Ahhh I'm not crazy after all.
    The icon that displays the popularity of a thread is now gone for me. Nothing is in its place.

• Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Erm..Yeah, not getting anything as weird as you folks, but the "profile" button was replaced with the ICQ button. Fixed now, though.

Sanius on
  • Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    new post icons now have these white scratches near the bottom.

Sanius on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    There's now sad faces beside every topic :( that one

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I clicked a "Go to new post" button in G&T, and I got what looked like the page source code. Looked like HTML and the like.

EDIT: Beat'd.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Me too. After clicking on the D&D link from the index, Firefox asked me if I wanted to open something.php in Dreamweaver.

Edit: While refreshing a thread in D&D, a pop window asked me if I wanted to open viewtopic.php in Dreamweaver.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I cannot open the G&T sub forum. All the other sub forums work fine though.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    K Expires: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 07:59:10 GMT Cache-Control: max-age=86400 Content-Type: image/png ETag: "-3060582519683365073" Accept-Ranges: bytes Last-Modified: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:51:05 GMT Content-Length: 2368 Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 07:59:10 GMT Server: lighttpd/1.4.11 ‰PNG IHDR€&;¥c gAMA¯È7ŠétEXtSoftwareAdobe ImageReadyqÉe<PLTEóóóe¬Å–––o›$$$åååEEEááጌŒ‰ÁÕR¢¾ºººNNN”””øøøÜÜܲÖâQQQíííâââÖéðÄÄÄaaaÙÙÙØØØœœœ¨¨¨6“´ÉÉɲ²²111ÃÂÁ¾¾¾…ª¼¼¼˜˜˜Fœ»¸¸¸µµµ©Ñß¼Ý鬬¬ÆÆÆÉÅ‘ÂÕ_ªÅÓÌÊ¢¢¢BBB'Š®¶¶¶sž©©©\\\µ×ãx¡¦¦¦–ÇØu KKKMŸ½~¥°°°|¹ÏZ¦Á9”µsssžžžÞÞÞz·Ívutoonq²É)))kkkËåï|||¿ßê>>>¾ÜçzzzpnmgggõùûŒŠŠ.Ž°v ^^^ZZZXXXi—ºÛç¯Õá£Ñâ qqqmmmw¡§444>—·4’³...:::l™k™f•HHHv ˆˆˆÿÿÿmš‡‡‡uŸ‚‚‚„„„ƒƒƒq†¾Ò†††r………æèètŸpœv ŠŠŠ€€€tž‘‘‘’’’ÍÍÍššš÷÷÷éé鉉‰ïïïqœu ÕÕÕŽŽŽ×××ëëëçççÒÒÒÓÓÓðððÎÎÎöööèèèeeez£õõõÔÔÔêêê‹‹‹›››ÁÁÁ¹Úæôôô¤¤¤ÐÐÐO ½hhhÕèïxxxûýþ)Œ¯…½Ñüýþúúú ÌÜËËËØéïèðò„ºÏ¥ÍÝîøü‹ŠŠ÷øøýýý¢ŸãåædccI ¿ÌÃÀ5’´5‘´ z£ææ殪¨©¨§O£ÀšÈÚäâᎌ‹}~~ææç´°®òïíŸËÛ;–¶9•¶ÎåíÕç£Ýäæ`©Ãœ™˜}}~ï÷ùÜÚÙ¼ÜèáïôSSS1³µØãV£¿ßîówts…»Ð$Š¯äêìþþþ‚‚Åáë2Ž±ö÷øljiºÚåèôùw¶ÌØêðkih”Æ×òøúÝ×Õ ƒª{¤†½Ñpéçæ‚©s´Í‚}_šÈÆIDATxÚbð`@ 퀢 ÕÖ%©¤¬"‚JˆÔtU ®&sq$‘®I®ì Ûä³à|çÏ‹Íò÷ b%h8@ã€}—Ÿ×#ÀfÝà «,v!ø\»E§-t.YlšQž¾|®VÕtµ¥}âÎfI bм)® °˜p‡ß*@h&lt;îôTb¦–ˆ¢Hµ6sGCM5§ÚܾÂQ@D9@¦® ´µäëz³ Ø”ý ¼×Ð#°â¶"k8ïÔöt—7T÷ðLÜMÈ D†Š‹[¹™XÚ` ¸Ø$óºNM7_U͉Ü~õ¦ ­¾ÉÒµ%%ÕÕóÍ @$8À¤L@¬FU§8h¬Œò;r§Wy‚€[Mÿ\é^¾Y¥¥3ÛËKªº–È4 €ˆwÀT#£© d~Ðýj N­§Ïžë5.•­¨)—S©*i)U¬.¯6˜)M„éD´*[¶lܸE£³²¸xÊÕR8ÓZ9%Qÿüj¹Ú†¦ŽÞò’’ÚeÚýµUrüUÄD‚ƒ¬K;àJ©à“H#ø;µ¸ñïŽU5%µýÊbrœM%% Mµåb3Uf °@8@u[cY#tã„å°ÈÞ†Z«Å@îœÀ0¨ê˜#O\¡ @$¤™µvvk‚Ó€‹K+(1V¶A%(gæ%êÿçG‰\UIíò‰jÄ–ñDB.hl‚Fp~ˆLY[¼,a9vM¡z5$MˆuÔhñ/#ºÚ ²ÊF{ *-5Dׯu¬3aÑÛyñuÄU *lêDWrDŽ*˼•ZŠ‹[,EAnˏâús ˜ôfƒ¸À †SrM‘ Ð +ûë줓ÞÔÔµL@ðöGà÷ˆ†éå% “98x&sAIS¹ìDvâ@$$Â'Ž`ðËâ]¸}'ØI,,e>ë4õŠ‰U—””‹ßª ý% 5µŠ„Ka0 ²a°l¿,ïñÍ=¸ )S£þ½[À¨”Y ¼¡ÆmÚ«R~fHv›%„ßp€"ÆæA …ÂÖ-ä5d°õ77Œ^gí•áÃ^+ôa¾TSI53›8°NðT—ÔÖH³[àüX¥Æè…×p€"ÆIþ fIÎIIIYééÎIf éé éf@Fº™s‘ÿ µŽ*éÉRÐ&±ù|æÚ’òªvÅy“ÀY²¶„C¯áDyÇdôž ˆj0T4Tq¶ƒsd…»¬^íD¹2æΞe‹dà9pàƒý_Ý?KÎ ¿v€¢ÜY²9Èü…ŒÌ5àò°¤¼Ú”±‹P× €¨Ð7äEó£ú’ªrHTŸàEP7@Ñ sʺ@« ”›Ä„‰¨ˆ½ã°É]M%5ËæHÓ& Z8 KlMmu7ÇvVbMÆr&K÷/50#J-@mmmžžž{{{»»»ÃÃÃŽŽŽ„„„ÆÆƳ³³GGGíí혘˜¾¾¾aaa--- ´´´===¿¿¿›››SSSJJJOOOŒŒŒ+++¸¸¸DDDrrr999^^^111$$$ ŸŸŸ ,,,###¥¥¥²²²PPP¼¼¼zzz­­­<<<444hhh666___9Bp5tEXtSoftwareGraphicConverter
    That is what I just got instead of the forum index. Are things breaking?

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Nfinit VylenceNfinit Vylence Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Every once in a while when try to click on a thread page i'll get a save/open prompt-- Oddly, if I use a different method of trying to get to that same page (By, say, going to a different page in that same thread and then using the page select function there) I can go to the page I was originally trying to get to. I cant' replicate this bug, but I heard from one other person who's experiencing the same.

Pretty neat to have the forums breaking down at the same time we're having a Creepy Paintings show in the GnT Chat Thread.

Nfinit Vylence on
    The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides. -- Carl Sagan

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -- Also Carl Sagan
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    script kiddies?

edit: ahhh when i submitted this post firefox asked me in a new small window if i wanted to save the .php

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Yeah, I'm getting this kind of weird stuff too.

Random icons are turning into the Child's Play logo and twice the forums turned completely grey and the font jumped to like 15 point.

I also got a broken image on a blank page instead of the index when I went to post this.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    The implications here are obvious.

mcc is going rampant.

Nfinit Vylence on
    The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides. -- Carl Sagan

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -- Also Carl Sagan
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    if it is script kiddies i bet they are popping like 40 boners right now reading this thread.

except we're all just like "okay."

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    For me, every person with an AIM address listed in their profile has the little AIM icon show up as... well... better see for yourself:

whatthefucken1.jpg

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Deusfaux wrote:
    if it is script kiddies i bet they are popping like 40 boners right now reading this thread.

except we're all just like "okay."

Seriously. Screwing around with new topic buttons is nothing after you've been subjected to having your sig replaced by bestiality.

Nfinit Vylence on

• Options
    edited August 2006
    TheFarSide wrote:
    Reality itself is collapsing into a quantum superstate

will I dream, dave?

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I just came in here to make a "Most bizarre error ever" thread, but it look's like it's just more of the same of what's been described here. That Mortal Kombat one is pretty funny though (probably less funny if you're the one who has to fix it though).

Anyway, I clicked on Geek's "It's not a city in China" thread in SE and it was like the thread and a random PA comic loaded at the same time, one on top of the other, with chunks of code in between and the last post all screwy. Alpha, I'm going to e-mail you some screen caps.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Quoting and trying to enter SE++ brings up a picture of Gabe holding a controller or a blurry rainbow image.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Sent. I'm guessing this has to do with the shitton of traffic gabe talked about on the main page.

So this is just a wild guess, I mean, I only ever made it to Lesson 6 of "Teach yourself C++ in 21 lessons" but is it possible that the server is so overwhelmed that it's getting the send requests mixed up? Like, maybe at the same time I clicked on Geek's post someone was looking up that comic, so it sent me part of my request and part of theirs. (This is exactly what happened in the original version of "The Fly".)

Butler on
  • Options
    SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    this is totally awesome.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Own up.

Who gave the forums LSD? I'm seeing some freaky shit.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    I don't know for sure...

but I think when I submitted my last post a popup ad came up.

/edit - nothing happened this time though.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    The edit button on my posts looks like a seaplane at the moment and when I tried to enter this thread it took me to a picture of the Prima logo, them that make the strategy guides and whatnot.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png