As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: toda reads Scott Pilgrim

• Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure that panel is intended to show that she has Tavros' and Vriska's psychic abilities.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    hey @snerky and whoever else

that EXTREME MARTIAL ARTS HIGH SCHOOL thing updated

chapter eight is go

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I like dirk more than ever

I don't know why

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    yeah I am guessing the idea here is that she possesses the potential for all of trollkind's psychic abilities

including the Wiionic's!

too bad for her it took her like a million years to figure it out

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    betting it's going to turn out that Karkat with his crazy mutant blood is her polar opposite

i.e. also secretly possessing all of trollkind's psychic powers or completely immune to them or something

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I hope that karkat has no special powers beyond just being karkat

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    look if I am to have my epic Karkat v. Condensce duel of fates they both gotta be able to use the trollForce

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    look, we all have fanfiction dreams that we wanted to come true

• Options
    ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    So...Tavros and Vriska are controlling the Overlard, or vice versa?

Trying to withhold judgment, but it seems stupid either way.

i thought that was her trying to use psychic powers (vriska's thing) and commune with animals (tavros's thing) like in the pesterlog
    Given Vriska's declaration of intent to meddle, I'm guessing that it's not just the Condence emulating powers. Maybe it's Vriska trying to extend control through the Condence to other creatures, hence the experiments. While it seems improbable that ghost Vriska would be powerful enough to control the Condence, it could be that she's come to some sort of agreement with her where the Condence allows Tavros and Vriska to use her as a conduit for their powers in exchange for them using the powers for her benefit.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    I increasingly grow less fond of Dirk

the whole "dude who knows everything but is also totally cool" shtick is starting to wear thin

I've always regarded the Strider Brothers as a satire of coolness since both are suposed to be so cool, but they are both really huge nerds. John saw through Dave's 'cool' act with his quip about rapping with a puppet being in no way cool. The coolness is ironic. So in the pre-scratch universe, Bro is the epitome of cool, but in the post-scratch world Bro is actually a lonely, creepy, techno-geek who talks too much and is nowhere near as good at lighting sick fires as Dave.

While Dirk isn't anywhere near as funny as Dave, He's both heroic and clever, and his role as a know-it-all doesn't bother me because he has a legitimate reason to be; he's had the chance to witness far more than those he is enlightening, and he's sober enough to pay attention.

Besides, imagine how much more overly long Homestuck would be if Hussie used flashbacks to show all of those things that Jade, Aranea, UU, Dirk, and the other "exposition cannons" explained.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    the interpretation I got was that since the condesce is the highest blood, she has the potential to use the abilities of all the lower-blood castes

i thought the higher bloods had much weaker/no powers compared to the lower bloods

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    The Condesce could extend life with her touch, that doesn't seem like a weak power to me.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    i meant like their psychic powers

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    p-p-p-p-p-psychic powers???????

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    p-p-p-p-p-psychic powers???????

this is weird

because psychic doesn't start with a p sound but i keep trying to do it when i read that post

rossssssssssss

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    The fact that Tavros and Vriska were prototyped in the last couple of pages seems like too much of a coincidence.

The Condesce was doing all kinds of experiments and it seems she started doing stuff with the carapaces towards the end there. There are a bunch of wires in her tiara.

She might have tried reverse-engineering one of the rings to give her prototyping powers.
    The Condesce prototyped with Vriska and Tavros oh god.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    latest updates from Dante Basco Reads Homestuck!

02330.gif
    Hey, my patron troll looks cute in this pic… kanaya has a juliet thing going on here.

02352.gif
    holy sh*t… what the f*ck just happened?

02381.gif
    What the f- is going on?!?!?!? This is like a weird dream… At least it looks like Tavros is getting his mack on… only Vriska is f*cking crazy…

02393.gif
    Most of the time I have no idea what’s going on here in Homestuck… but this actually makes sense… go figure…

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    crippling indecisiveness and lack of self-esteem would probably not be favorable traits to prototype onto herself

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    That chart is going to infect his brain before long, I tell you.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Hey so she genetic'd up another psychic squid right
    So when the meteor arrives are all of the trolls just gonna die right off

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I think the meteor is travelling to their Medium, not the new Earth. Unless the Condesce can get it into the Medium somehow.

• Options
    But, I’m proud to be a Homestuck.

I don't know why but this sentence is hilarious

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    Maybe the big squid monster is not happy with the Condesce being a servant to somebody else and is wrecking her plans because she doesn't deserve to rule the race anymore
    In a bizarre twist it recognises Karkat as the new highest-blooded troll on their arrival and how he was a successful leader for his team so
    something
    Buttlord wrote: »
    that EXTREME MARTIAL ARTS HIGH SCHOOL thing updated

chapter eight is go

Yessss

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Better is the fact that he is totally cool with quadrants

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Ursca wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I think the meteor is travelling to their Medium, not the new Earth. Unless the Condesce can get it into the Medium somehow.

Well she got in alright

Maybe it's her server player

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Dream squid killed by the regular sized pajamas

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    what if dante basco was doing the whole quadrant thing before he even heard of homestuck

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    of course he was

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    we are all his dolls

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i wonder if dante basco didn't figure out that the homestuck fanbase was bigger than the dante basco fanbase and determine to manipulate this to his advantage

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    Chapter eight was amazing

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    i wonder if dante basco didn't figure out that the homestuck fanbase was bigger than the dante basco fanbase and determine to manipulate this to his advantage

Haha I am assuming that he is reading Homestuck and posting about it entirely because he has a ton of new followers now.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i like dirk he is cool

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Dirk dealing the expos' in nice bite-sized pieces, not sure what there is to dislike about him.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    He's actually better than Rose at telling stories.

And cut the guy some slack. He's lived his entire life alone in a small apartment with only Lil Cal to keep him company. I'm surprised he has any social skills at all.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    can I hate dirk because his text color on a white background hurts my eyes?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Snerky wrote: »
    Chapter eight was amazing

yeah i just read it

i went to bed after posting that and then i've been playing prototype 2 all day

that ruled

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    dirk more like dork HEH >B)

xet8c.gif

• Options
    Sal wrote: »
    dirk more like dork HEH >B)

tumblr_m2yengucDU1r6hxvyo1_500.png

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular