As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Photoshop help - change color of image

BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm working on a website for a friend and he had a template he liked which is making it really easy, but he's wanting a color change on one of the elements of the template, and I'm having trouble getting it done.

The webpage so far looks like this

He wants the top bar to be green.

He wants the darkest part of it to be #015B08

XdDBi4F.jpg
PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
Beltaine on

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Do you have photoshop? Or are you asking someone with the software to do this for you?

In photoshop, the easiest way to do this would just be to play around with the hue bar, or to make a second layer, turn it into a layer mask, and color over the image with the preferred color and make the layer set to "Color" or "Hue."

There's probably a dozen ways to go about doing this, though.

Enc on
  • Options
    I have it. Not getting much luck with the hue bar, and I'm really a PS noob.

I'll try the layer mask.

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    Layer mask worked! Thanks! just needed a different way of looking at it I guess. :)

That being said, I don't really like the green bar now, but the customer is (almost) always right, right?

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    If you have some free time, I would recommend searching Youtube for "Photoshop Tutorials". That is where I learned 95% of my Photoshop skill.