As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trying to find strip - Thycho advises Ann against using SMS abbreviations

LimmyLimmy Registered User new member
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
This is driving me nuts.
I remember a strip where Tycho is advising Annarchy not to use SMS abbreviations like LOL.
He says something like 'they are the vulgar shortenings of the masses' or something to that effect.

I have a friend who started to spout something simmilar and I told him he was unoriginal.
I need to find that strip!

I searched the archives for 'Ann' and 'Annarchy'. But it looks like she isn't tagged in all the strips that feature her.
Aaaarrgh

Limmy on

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I think it may have been in the news post to this strip

http://penny-arcade.com/2005/07/06

But the picture in it isn't loading for me

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    LimmyLimmy Registered User new member
    Could be. The image is definitely broken. So I'm still stuck.
    Thanks for trying though.
    Cheers

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think that's the one. They might have removed it because I think at the time it had her screen name or email address or something in it.

That or it is just lost to time in a way similar to thinks like the first year or so of newsposts was when Tycho would just delete it and replace with whatever he was posting.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The fact that that is an actual conversation that happened brings joy to my black heart.