As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CISPA]pocalypse

2»

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    If they weren't going to, they wouldn't put out a press release about it.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    He'll sign it "with reservations" which means he wants it to pass but wants to make it look like he doesn't want it.

Also I love how SOPA was only stopped because corporations had to step in.

• Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    He'll sign it "with reservations" which means he wants it to pass but wants to make it look like he doesn't want it.

Also I love how SOPA was only stopped because corporations had to step in.

It's an election year. He would have to be stupid to actually sign it and not veto the thing. Especially since he needs to galvanize a somewhat suspicious base due to some of his choices since he got in office.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    You know, it's times like this that remind me why Jefferson said the price of freedom was Eternal Vigilance. These clowns will keep trying and we have to keep stopping these crazy bills year after year. -_-;;

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    obama-cispa.jpg

I hope that works.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    CISPA isn't likely to pass with an overwhelmingly veto-proof majority and isn't required for an essential government agency to run.

• Options
    DistramDistram __BANNED USERS regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    CISPA isn't likely to pass with an overwhelmingly veto-proof majority and isn't required for an essential government agency to run.

Only partially true.

They built that thing to house and decrypt all the information this bill would allow them to store.

I want to believe Obama would veto this piece of shit as much as the next guy; but you'd have to be a fool to think the President still has the loudest voice in the room in a post 9/11 world.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Wait, wasn't the NDAA needed to keep the military from being shut down entirely?

And didn't the congress hold it up until there was literally no time to renegotiate that part?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Wait, wasn't the NDAA needed to keep the military from being shut down entirely?

And didn't the congress hold it up until there was literally no time to renegotiate that part?

Also veto proof majority.

Also no change in US policy.

It's a false crisis, just as bad as the debt ceiling.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    And because I'm spamming threads today, here's a nice infographic thingy:
    http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/cispa-infographic