Options

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    skyrim is actually kind of hard if you insist that your melee sworder wears nothing but robes

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Did so well on my certified instrumental analysis exam that I got an A in the course. Feeling pretty proud of myself. It was very hard. Like the distillation of an 800 page technical manual, hard. One more final to go and I am done with undergrad.
    Go Fuzzy!

What's your last final in?
    motherfucking biochemistry
    fuck my chemical life
    Ouch. When is the final?

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Did so well on my certified instrumental analysis exam that I got an A in the course. Feeling pretty proud of myself. It was very hard. Like the distillation of an 800 page technical manual, hard. One more final to go and I am done with undergrad.
    Go Fuzzy!

fuck my chemical life
    Ouch. When is the final?
    Tomorrow. It is uber comprehensive and I'm burning out but I will get it done.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Grumble, I am destined to never attend a lan party again. The last three times things have come up. The next upcoming time that isn't PAX is the same weekend as the MPRE.

The MPRE is cake. Get a good BARBRI review book and you'll be fine.

P.S. Don't forget the rules regarding judges. They are heavily tested.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not too worried about it. Now the patent bar, that was a pain in the ass. So will whatever state I end up in to take the state bar.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    God I love the tongue-in-cheek nature of some of rapgenius

re: "I'ma ruin you, cunt"
    A simultaneous statement of name-calling (“cunt”), suggesting through yoniphobic language that the female she is speaking to is of lower class, credibility, popularity than her, rightfully, and that she is going to prove this by outdoing her (“ruin you”), while also using colloquial pidgin English substituting the possessive adjective “your” for it’s colloquialization in the pronoun “you” and with the double entendre of “ruin” also having a sexual connotation, she is suggesting that her power assertion will also be an act of sexual “destruction”, i.e. superiority, as is often stated in musical lyrics: “I'ma ruin [your] cunt”. Again this reinforces the power aspect of homosexual shame through the sex act by the agressor/penetrator being the superior agent, untainted by notions of homosexuality as they are destroying (“ruin you[r]”) the weaker party

it's hilariously typical of self-righteous, pretentious white college students that a deconstruction like that can have a misspelling and also mistake the possessive form

it's not a deconstruction! just say analysis.

or just say anal, if you like that. and i think you do.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    does anyone want to play me3 on the brobox

add me, Ill be there in 5min.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    God I love the tongue-in-cheek nature of some of rapgenius

re: "I'ma ruin you, cunt"
    A simultaneous statement of name-calling (“cunt”), suggesting through yoniphobic language that the female she is speaking to is of lower class, credibility, popularity than her, rightfully, and that she is going to prove this by outdoing her (“ruin you”), while also using colloquial pidgin English substituting the possessive adjective “your” for it’s colloquialization in the pronoun “you” and with the double entendre of “ruin” also having a sexual connotation, she is suggesting that her power assertion will also be an act of sexual “destruction”, i.e. superiority, as is often stated in musical lyrics: “I'ma ruin [your] cunt”. Again this reinforces the power aspect of homosexual shame through the sex act by the agressor/penetrator being the superior agent, untainted by notions of homosexuality as they are destroying (“ruin you[r]”) the weaker party

it's hilariously typical of self-righteous, pretentious white college students that a deconstruction like that can have a misspelling and also mistake the possessive form

it's not a deconstruction! just say analysis.

or just say anal, if you like that. and i think you do.

it's whatever i say it is, buttplug.

• Options
    Okay, turkey chili is a little too acidic. Time to add some sugar to offset.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I do love this.
    tumblr_m2wt2p73ul1qm0a5ho1_1280.jpg

Terminator dressed as mega man thumbs upping as he is lowered into a pit of molten metal... I don't get it.

Also why is the lighting so messed up.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    think I'm gonna hit up board game night tonight

last week we played 1870 and it was awesome. Railroad building and stock market skulldudgery all up ins.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Grumble, I am destined to never attend a lan party again. The last three times things have come up. The next upcoming time that isn't PAX is the same weekend as the MPRE.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not too worried about it. Now the patent bar, that was a pain in the ass. So will whatever state I end up in to take the state bar.

Not all bar exams are created equal. The patent exam is pretty awful, there is no way around that, but your run of the mill state exams often weight your MBE performance differently or integrate separate written subjects that will kick your ass a second time if you're not prepared. It all depends on the state you end up in.

In Texas, those are things like criminal and civil procedure (which I am an expert on), oil and gas law (which I couldn't tell you about to save my life), and tangential things like community property issues. You'll see when you graduate and start seriously prepping.

Barbri...it's expensive, but it's your best bet down the road.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    While the art of syncopation and off-beat percussion is primarily seen in today's post-electronica (viz., the whitest music around), the tactic is seen throughout such African-American-inspired genres as jazz, reggae, funk, and their evolutionary successors; and hinted at even in antebellum spirituals that utilized delayed chorus rounds.

i hate when people use semicolons like this. worst error.

PEDANT NIGHT AT MY PLACE

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options

Not all bar exams are created equal. The patent exam is pretty awful, there is no way around that, but your run of the mill state exams often weight your MBE performance differently or integrate separate written subjects that will kick your ass a second time if you're not prepared. It all depends on the state you end up in.

In Texas, those are things like criminal and civil procedure (which I am an expert on), oil and gas law (which I couldn't tell you about to save my life), and tangential things like community property issues. You'll see when you graduate and start seriously prepping.

Already signed up and paid up my BarBri dues until next year my friend.

• Options
    Go Fuzzy!

fuck my chemical life
    Ouch. When is the final?
    Just remember to request a happy ending. :winky:

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    skyrim is actually kind of hard if you insist that your melee sworder wears nothing but robes

That is pretty hardcore.

• Options
    i played skyrim on easy (because i never really play that genre and i wanted to kind of fool around and wiz through it, since my GPU is shit and it crashed often)

i would like to get around to playing it on normal eventually, where i have to give serious thought to my stats and effects and shit like that

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Just got a phone call from the consulate asking me if I was okay with riding a bike in Japan

Ominous?

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

Good stuff. Incidentally, what drove you to pursue a career in law?

You saw people living fulfilling, interesting lives and decided "No, that's not for me?" :P

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    That would kinda play like early mount and blade, only without some of its specifities

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I have to admit that I don't actually know what 212 means.

Obvs I know that 212 is the area code for NYC and I get that she's playing with the phonemes of "one two" and I get that she's talking about newcomers to her area and accusing somebody of liking gay sex.

The first couple of times I listened to it, I interpreted it that she was addressing people who cruise into her neighborhood looking for sexual partners, but I'm not really sure.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    i played skyrim on easy (because i never really play that genre and i wanted to kind of fool around and wiz through it, since my GPU is shit and it crashed often)

i would like to get around to playing it on normal eventually, where i have to give serious thought to my stats and effects and shit like that

At normal all you have to do is put points in shit you do.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The ostensible meaning is a big diss against a certain other famous female rapper, although I think she denies this.

Eddy on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    DUBSTEPS

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    original.jpg

Chef (apparently) makes a real, edible chocolate candle and reinvents the molten chocolate cake. *drool*

How is everyone doing?

工事中
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Just got a phone call from the consulate asking me if I was okay with riding a bike in Japan

Ominous?

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    They need help powering their electrical grid and intend to make you peddle-generate some energy for them.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Go Fuzzy!

fuck my chemical life
    Ouch. When is the final?

Just remember: Your incorporal mind attaches to the physical body by means of the pineal gland.

Everything else should follow from that.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    And so, it is with great sadness that I declare that my brobox, reconditioned when I purchased it 4 1/2 years ago has finally rrod'd. :(

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    j i am going to stick my wang into your third eye bro

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    You know what series I loved?

Duck Dodgers.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

That is pretty hardcore.
    i ended up wandering all the way to markarth from the first barrow

at like level 5... in robes

it was...interesting

oh and also i haven't upgraded my sword

unsmithed iron sword

keep hoping to find a steel one

keep getting disappointed

• Options

Good stuff. Incidentally, what drove you to pursue a career in law?

You saw people living fulfilling, interesting lives and decided "No, that's not for me?" :P

I was going to be a pharmacist until I realized that I didn't want to be treated like a Starbucks barista for the rest of my life.

On retrospect, I'm not sure I made the right choice. But IP law really interests me, so there is that.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    god fuck small business server

fuck it so hard

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

That is pretty hardcore.
    i ended up wandering all the way to markarth from the first barrow

at like level 5... in robes

it was...interesting

oh and also i haven't upgraded my sword

unsmithed iron sword

keep hoping to find a steel one

keep getting disappointed

what is the theme, here

• Options
    I was going to be a pharmacist until I realized that I didn't want to be treated like a Starbucks barista for the rest of my life.

On retrospect, I'm not sure I made the right choice. But IP law really interests me, so there is that.

Pharmaceutical IP is a really fertile ground for a career. You could integrate your knowledge of law with your knowledge of pharmacology.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

fuck it so hard
    God, our old server runs SBS 2003. Such a huge pain in the ass. Are the newer versions just as bad?

• Options
    I always forget you can do whatever you want in skyrim. I feel oddly compelled to be the typical RPG hero.

• Options
    Also, there are other jobs for pharmacists but they're pretty sparse. Like, you could work for an HMO building formulary lists or work for be a PDR co-editor.

But yeah for the most part we treat behind-the-counter pharmacists like they're dumb in the US.

Other countries give them limited prescribing power and the sky doesn't fall. But in the US god forbid we do that.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Also, there are other jobs for pharmacists but they're pretty sparse. Like, you could work for an HMO building formulary lists or work for be a PDR co-editor.

But yeah for the most part we treat behind-the-counter pharmacists like they're dumb in the US.

Other countries give them limited prescribing power and the sky doesn't fall. But in the US god forbid we do that.
    I'm betting the AMA has something to do with that.

They're almost as bad as police unions.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2012

fuck it so hard
    God, our old server runs SBS 2003. Such a huge pain in the ass. Are the newer versions just as bad?

They're not as bad but they're still pretty bad.

I'm ditching SBS 2003 (finally). I'm running a Hyper-V server with two licenses of Windows Server 2008 R2 - one virtual server is running Active Directory, the other is running Exchange. The licensing costs more than SBS but I can run everything on one physical box.

I'm just having a bitch of a time getting this old SBS server out of the environment. The way you're supposed to do it is uninstall Exchange using the control panel - the uninstaller will clean all of the references to the old Exchange server out of the Active Directory schema when you uninstall.

But this server has been going "no u" in four different ways that are all idiosyncratic to SBS.

It's like a clingy ex-girlfriend that won't accept that you're breaking up with her.

Feral on

• Options
    yeah, the AMA doesn't help.

This discussion has been closed.