As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    I, I fear my master may be tainted by the Sith or the power of Inactivus.
    He did not meditate last night.

Was he supposed to? According to the public list (that I was looking at on page 35, at least), there's no information on him....

There was also mention of an unblockable kill. Are we sure that's a thing? It could be we just have no guards, possibly to somewhat counterbalance the fact that half the players can confirm the other half, who all have seerings...

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Or it could have been a bus-driver or something like that. Though a mafia busdriver leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Options
    Or it could have been a bus-driver or something like that. Though a mafia busdriver leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Not in this situation. It doesn't matter if The Anon's target was changed via busdriver, schuss would still have gotten a PM about the meditation. But unless schuss was told Anon was meditating, it's probably just a faulty assumption on his part

Steam profile
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Was he supposed to? According to the public list (that I was looking at on page 35, at least), there's no information on him....

There was also mention of an unblockable kill. Are we sure that's a thing? It could be we just have no guards, possibly to somewhat counterbalance the fact that half the players can confirm the other half, who all have seerings...

My master is The Anonymous.

• Options

Not in this situation. It doesn't matter if The Anon's target was changed via busdriver, schuss would still have gotten a PM about the meditation. But unless schuss was told Anon was meditating, it's probably just a faulty assumption on his part

I meant in terms of the unblockable kill, not schuss' masters' meditation.

• Options

My master is The Anonymous.

Yes. He's on the "List of People We Don't Know What They're Doing"

Steam profile
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    There was also mention of an unblockable kill. Are we sure that's a thing? It could be we just have no guards

Sure? No, but the narration heavily implied that he was guarded, so unless that is a pretty bad case of misleading unnecessary fluff, it looks that way.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Did Schuss explain why he claimed he was roleblocked on day 1? Have I missed that explanation, or am I the only one concerned about it?

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Just went through the post counts. The full list is spoilered:
    13lasphemer69 - 9
    Alegis - 15
    Anialos - 12
    Assuran - 15
    Bedlam - 26
    capfalcon - 26
    CaptainPlanet82 - 9
    Cayrus - 29
    corvidae - 14
    Cythraul - 8
    Farangu - 18
    Figgy - 13
    Gaslight - 40
    Grunt's Ghosts - 8
    I needed a name to post - 8
    Infidel - 48
    JABMonkey - 3
    jedarksun - 84
    Ketbra - 57
    Kias - 6
    kime - 37
    Malkor - 8
    mascara305 - 3
    matev - 48
    Mr. Mojo Risin - 8
    MrBlarney - 17
    MrTLicious - 73
    Nirya - 15
    pablo_price - 7
    Peccavi - 34
    Rawkking Goodguy - 28
    Retaba - 53
    SaberOverEasy - 74
    Schuss - 11
    SeGaTai - 9
    Shiny New Toys - 17
    SlyM - 8
    Smoove Operator - 29
    That Dave Fella - 3
    The Anonymous - 13
    tzeentchling - 20
    vertroue - 12
    warban - 15

There are 12 people so far with less than 10 posts:

JABMonkey - 3
    mascara305 - 3
    That Dave Fella - 3
    Kias - 6
    pablo_price - 7
    Cythraul - 8
    Grunt's Ghosts - 8
    Malkor - 8
    Mr. Mojo Risin - 8
    SlyM - 8
    13lasphemer69 - 9
    CaptainPlanet82 - 9
    SeGaTai - 9

Analysis to follow.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Did Schuss explain why he claimed he was roleblocked on day 1? Have I missed that explanation, or am I the only one concerned about it?
    Nope, I am also super curious, but am neck deep in something else at the moment.

Oh? In what?

Steam profile
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    8th place, not q terrible showing so far.

• Options
    Nope, I am also super curious, but am neck deep in something else at the moment.

Oh? In what?

Bacta?

• Options
    So there are three people who stand out as having really poor vote/mission/post records:

That Dave Fella - Is coasting around at the minimum in a VERY talky game. Meditated on night 1, then went to Nal Hutta (where the bus drive makes it easy to hide actions) night 2. Half of his post have been votes with no reasoning, both for Bedlam (who wasn't under any suspicion at the time).

Segatai - Is fairly low on the post count as well. He's been to Nal Hutta twice, and Nal Hutta has been a major issue each night. He's been on both the Peccavi and 38th Doe bandwagons so far, without giving a particularly strong reason.

Kias - As a councilor, currently unvoteable. Has a very low post count in the thread (though it's possible there's more in the council board), Lead Missions to Bothawui (when it severely underperformed night 1) and Nal Hutta (when it was bus driven night 2). Got on both the TRV and Peccavi wagons.

• Options

ObiFett May 8
    You attemped to train last night but were prevented from doing so.

That was my message. I have nothing to hide.

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    jdarksun I PM'd akimbo with my plan, was it not passed on? I have also talked about it in the thread. I attacked alderaan for +1 my padawan was training,

There should also be 1 padawan on alderaan i think

Shiny New Toys on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Infidel wrote: »
    There was also mention of an unblockable kill. Are we sure that's a thing? It could be we just have no guards

Sure? No, but the narration heavily implied that he was guarded, so unless that is a pretty bad case of misleading unnecessary fluff, it looks that way.

You are ssoooooo both Sith, and this banter is totally for show. Yep. I never trust players who are imposable to read. Instead i'm simply going to choose to think your all masterminds at your own game and this discourse was totally fake.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    warban wrote: »

You are ssoooooo both Sith, and this banter is totally for show. Yep. I never trust players who are imposable to read. Instead i'm simply going to choose to think your all masterminds at your own game and this discourse was totally fake.

We've basically scripted out the entire day.

Including this

Hey @schuss, if that was the exact PM Obi sent you, you shouldn't post that. Quoting PMs from the host is a no-no

Steam profile
  • Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    No it's all good, it was just labelled as 2nd hand on the spreadsheet that was all.
    Also after a minute of failing to be dumb I actually understood where the masters points came from. Yey! finally understood something. If you were missing the padawan action the the day 2 total would be -38 that was all.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I'm terribly busy today, don't expect much from me.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    So there are three people who stand out as having really poor vote/mission/post records:

That Dave Fella - Is coasting around at the minimum in a VERY talky game. Meditated on night 1, then went to Nal Hutta (where the bus drive makes it easy to hide actions) night 2. Half of his post have been votes with no reasoning, both for Bedlam (who wasn't under any suspicion at the time).

Segatai - Is fairly low on the post count as well. He's been to Nal Hutta twice, and Nal Hutta has been a major issue each night. He's been on both the Peccavi and 38th Doe bandwagons so far, without giving a particularly strong reason.

Kias - As a councilor, currently unvoteable. Has a very low post count in the thread (though it's possible there's more in the council board), Lead Missions to Bothawui (when it severely underperformed night 1) and Nal Hutta (when it was bus driven night 2). Got on both the TRV and Peccavi wagons.

Coincidentally I was paired w/ Kias for the RNG strike force whateverness day 1. I can say that we didn't talk very much via PM either so that's at least consistent.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I haven't heard if CaptainPlanet82 was supporting or not.

I've heard that he was, but have no proof of this

• Options

Including this

Hey @schuss, if that was the exact PM Obi sent you, you shouldn't post that. Quoting PMs from the host is a no-no

Sorry. Won't do it again.

Just annoyed that this is going like PhallaKinetic, with people just letting themselves be bandwagoned by the mafia.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    If it helps, Segatai isn't really a big talker most of the time.

• Options

Including this

Sorry. Won't do it again.

Just annoyed that this is going like PhallaKinetic, with people just letting themselves be bandwagoned by the mafia.

TRV tried to fight it yesterday, if you're referring to that. He just had little hope because there wasn't much to fight anyways, we didn't have much. But there's a lot of data in this game, so as time goes on, we should be getting more and more accurate. So keep hope :)

Steam profile
  • Options
    That's fair. His 38th Doe vote was also the first one and based on a phallakinetic grudge, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

That Dave Fella on the other hand still looks SUPER suspicious.

Two votes for Bedlam (who wasn't being discussed at all) without any reasoning. Night 1 (when strategy was up in the air and we didn't know how well we'd be able to track missions) he meditated. Night 2, he went to Nal Hutta (which he would have known would be bus driven back to Coruscant and impossible to track). Finally, he's made all of 4 posts, including his 2 bedlam votes. While there's plenty of suspicion to go around at the moment, That Dave Fella is the one I have the best evidence for.

• Options
    What happened to the train on Peccavi? He was pushing pretty hard on TRV.

• Options
    Honestly I dont think Corvidae has done much to stop my suspicions of him. They may be talking to people behind the scenes that I dont know about, but he seems very quiet.

• Options
    For what it's worth, I'd still like to hear from the council about their votes on Shalmelo and REG-Rysk.

REG_Risk in particular seems a little odd. At least three councilors voted for corvidae in the thread, yet more voted in council to kill his knight and allow him to be elevated? While I realize we have limited amounts to go on, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    so, call me retarded and what not, but i keep seeing stuff about bus drivers, where is this info coming from?

there's a lot of signals, and a lot of noise.

also, i will refrain from drunk voting (for today).... i am really hanging my head in shame.

• Options
    Honestly I dont think Corvidae has done much to stop my suspicions of him. They may be talking to people behind the scenes that I dont know about, but he seems very quiet.

i post about as much if not more than you shiny. pot, kettle, black.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    corvidae wrote: »
    so, call me retarded and what not, but i keep seeing stuff about bus drivers, where is this info coming from?

there's a lot of signals, and a lot of noise.

also, i will refrain from drunk voting (for today).... i am really hanging my head in shame.

Look up a bit, corv. People are calling you out left right and center, and you're popping in like a confused toddler with the same excuses, more or less ignoring the entire game.

i post about as much if not more than you shiny. pot, kettle, black.

Not at all, actually. Not at all.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    here. save you all the trouble.

corvidae

see what good comes from it.

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    ]

Look up a bit, corv. People are calling you out left right and center, and you're popping in like a confused toddler with the same excuses, more or less ignoring the entire game.

interesting, i just scanned four pages of posts, and i don't see anyone calling me out except gaslight, for understandable reasons.

you, figgy, are lying. and mafia.

• Options
    Never ever self-vote. If you are truly village-aligned, it helps no one. Even if we do end up killing you, you can still win after your death, so it's in your best interest to be as helpful to us as possible.

The busdriver is suspected because AkimboLegs was killed, and the narration seems to indicate he was guarded. So something there happened.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Just went through the post counts. The full list is spoilered:
    13lasphemer69 - 9
    Alegis - 15
    Anialos - 12
    Assuran - 15
    Bedlam - 26
    capfalcon - 26
    CaptainPlanet82 - 9
    Cayrus - 29
    corvidae - 14
    Cythraul - 8
    Farangu - 18
    Figgy - 13
    Gaslight - 40
    Grunt's Ghosts - 8
    Infidel - 48
    JABMonkey - 3
    jedarksun - 84
    Ketbra - 57
    Kias - 6
    kime - 37
    Malkor - 8
    mascara305 - 3
    matev - 48
    Mr. Mojo Risin - 8
    MrBlarney - 17
    MrTLicious - 73
    Nirya - 15
    pablo_price - 7
    Peccavi - 34
    Rawkking Goodguy - 28
    Retaba - 53
    SaberOverEasy - 74
    Schuss - 11
    SeGaTai - 9
    Shiny New Toys - 17
    SlyM - 8
    Smoove Operator - 29
    That Dave Fella - 3
    The Anonymous - 13
    tzeentchling - 20
    vertroue - 12
    warban - 15

There are 12 people so far with less than 10 posts:

JABMonkey - 3
    mascara305 - 3
    That Dave Fella - 3
    Kias - 6
    pablo_price - 7
    Cythraul - 8
    Grunt's Ghosts - 8
    Malkor - 8
    Mr. Mojo Risin - 8
    SlyM - 8
    13lasphemer69 - 9
    CaptainPlanet82 - 9
    SeGaTai - 9

Analysis to follow.

I'm not talking much because I have no idea what's going on. It seems like we are all running in secret circles which is causing us to run in public reasoning circles and I'm pretty much out of the loop.

• Options
    Never ever self-vote. If you are truly village-aligned, it helps no one. Even if we do end up killing you, you can still win after your death, so it's in your best interest to be as helpful to us as possible.

The busdriver is suspected because AkimboLegs was killed, and the narration seems to indicate he was guarded. So something there happened.

thnx for the explanation, i think i'm just burnt out, need a break. been on the short end of the straw for the past few.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    What happened to the train on Peccavi? He was pushing pretty hard on TRV.

I didn't push on TRV at all. I pushed on CaptainPlanet, then switched to TRV for personal safety.l, and offered to switch to Corvid as long as it didn't lead to my death.

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    ]

interesting, i just scanned four pages of posts, and i don't see anyone calling me out except gaslight, for understandable reasons.

you, figgy, are lying. and mafia.

There were quite a few people commenting on your voting patterns/behaviour yesterday. You had 8 votes on your for a reason (9 before TRV switched off to peccavi).

So, are you "drunk" again, today? Or was that just early yesterday morning at 2:14 AM, and then apparently still drunk a whole 8 hours later when you did your little TRV dance ( here, here, and here ), claimed to have voiced your suspicions of TRV "adequately" (Caps Lock is adequate, apparently) and then said later that night it was because you were drunk that morning?

Then early this morning you said you were getting drunk again.

So, let me get this straight. You say you were drunk and too lazy to read on Day 2 at 2:14 AM EDT. About 8 hours later, you post "THEROADVIRUS" twice in an hour, and again six hours later. That night, you explain that behaviour as you being drunk. Drunk from 2 AM to the next evening? Maybe, I guess. But then that same night you say you're going to start drinking again. That's quite the bender! Most people I know wouldn't want to touch a bottle for a week after a binge like that, let alone the very next night. Maybe we should stage an intervention? Or maybe you're just evil, corvidae.

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    I haven't heard if CaptainPlanet82 was supporting or not.

I've heard that he was, but have no proof of this

I (CaptainPlanet82) sent a PM to the host (ObiFett) stating that I (CaptainPlanet82) was using my support action on day 2.

I never received any messages from the host in response.

I (CaptainPlanet82) sent a PM to the Assuran stating that I (CaptainPlanet82) would be supporting his action on day 2.

Assuran responded letting me know he would be in bed. Followed by "wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean?"

In case you cannot clearly understand what I'm stating, I knew what he meant. :winky:

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it's far more likely that Akimbo died because a Padawan used Challenge on his guard.