As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ambitions Thread

• Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I probably should have rolled with it.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Since I quit I've spent at least three hours a night practicing guitar, where earlier I might have gone days without picking one up. I also already went to a volunteer fair, and I have a ton of energy I hadn't had before. I feel pretty good.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You coulda cybered with me.

I woulda had my dick throbbing to your tight, LEGAL, vagina.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Good to hear, drew.
    That shit is fucking retarded. Especially for women. My argument against female potheads has to do with quality of reproductive organs, though.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Good to hear, drew.
    That shit is fucking retarded. Especially for women. My argument against female potheads has to do with quality of reproductive organs, though.

Thanks. Pot isn't physically addictive, so since I made this decision, I haven't had any problems coping at all. Honestly it's all just gone up hill since. Better moods...more lucid...etc. I basically got to a point where I was getting into coke and other things...and one night I sort of just had an epiphany that...wow...you know...I have a drug problem, and so here I am now.

Luckily, my grades never took a hit, and I'm still on scholarship and all that.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Good to hear, drew.

Thanks. Pot isn't physically addictive, so since I made this decision, I haven't had any problems coping at all. Honestly it's all just gone up hill since. Better moods...more lucid...etc. I basically got to a point where I was getting into coke and other things...and one night I sort of just had an epiphany, and here I am now.

Luckily, my grades never took a hit, and I'm still on scholarship and all that.

Actually, they say it is indeed physically addictive, but because THC is fat soluble the withdrawal is just a lot longer rather than being short and shitty.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    b-but burroughs said

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not sure the effects are comprable even to coffee though.

I gave it up for 3 months with no problems after smoking it daily for a year.

Then my hippy friend came back from hawaii and I needed to celebrate.

now I'm 3 weeks sober.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Quitting Oxy was the hardest thing, and probably will be the hardest thing I'll ever do.

200+ mg a day to nothing. I spent 2 weeks in my bedroom sweating, shaking and puking.

fuck that shit. clean 4 lyfe

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    yourclothesyourclothes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    oxy

yourclothes on
    ssseeee.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    I'm pretty good at being a dick, so I'm not worried about hecklers.

Heres one of my lifes greatest ironies;

I love public speaking, and I think I'm great, but I'm deathly afraid of doing stand up comedy.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!

Public speaking is easy though.

All that takes is confidence.

I once gave a speech for environmental engineering without ever looking at any material, I did the speech soley from what I had learned in class. My friend did the power point presentation and all I did was look at the screen as I was giving my talk and went through the bullet points on the screen. My friend was pissed off at me when he found out I didn't do any preperation. His mouth was literally hanging open as I nailed the entire speech then threw the floor open to questions (which I didn't need to do but I was feeling cocky at the time) and answered every question. My lecturer was super-impressed.

Comedy however, you can't really research it. I mean you can write up jokes but all of it needs to be in your head and if something isn't working in a crowd it just isn't really working and it's hard to change your act midway through the set.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I've heard a month is about how long it takes to feel completely free of the effects of quitting. However, for the daily smoker, a big change comes even after the first week.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Women just need to avoid fat soluble shit in general. Also, only start smoking when you're 25 if you're gonna get heavy into it.

THC collects in the cell walls of the brain and in the reproductive organs, since those places have a good amount of fat. In the cell walls the THC keeps the brain receptors from doing their proper job, hence the loss of short term memory. For the most part though, especially in kids, that stuff will heal up when the kid gets off of weed.

As for the reproductive organs, the THC screws up sperm and eggs. Sperm is constantly produced, thankfully, but eggs are once in a lifetime, so you don't really have a lot of leeway. An egg that's been sitting in THC ridden pastures will lead to a kid whose brain doesn't develop quickly enough to perform in school at the same level as another kid.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    My best friend quit a few months ago.

He's lost like 25 pounds and looks damn good.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Christ tell Erika to quit
    She'd be bangin'.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    RiotcowRiotcow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    this went from hopeful ambitions about being an astronaut to quitting our massive drug addictions

Riotcow on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    But her personality would still suck haha

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Riotcow I have been wanting to talk to you about the heroin problem

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There is basically not enough of it.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i think marijuana is generally harmless when used occasionally and there is plenty of reputable literature out there to support that

but that said it does drain your motivation like whoa

Riotcow on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    black.png

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Agreed, but it also depends on how pure it is. Some of the Canadian shit qualifies as a hallucinogen.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    black.png[IMG][/img]

Worst comic ever.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    some people might call that an advantage

some people

Riotcow on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It was for some reason in my bookmark tool bar, so you guys got to see it too

itp: Horrible wording and a lack of commas.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    itt essence of drew.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MMMMMMMmmmmmm
    Goin down the road, goin nowhere
    Guitar packed in the trunk
    Somewhere 'round mile marker one-twelve
    Papa started hummin' the funk

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    also fuck
    it's 4 am and I am not yet packed
    I hae a pair of jeans laid out to be folded and put in a bag but uh, that's as far as I got.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hey, I have spent the last two years checking and proofreading my roommates' papers. However, sometimes, at 4:00 A.M., I like to live a little.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Where are you going?

When were you planning on telling me about this little excursion?!

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    It's not that I couldn't have the chops to be a stand up comedian. It is just that I have absoluetly no desire for that kind of work. In order to be great at that job, you have to genuinely give a damn and I would much rather spend my energy on something else.

Like yelling at extras not to look at the fucking camera and asking people that I am not paying a dime why can't they remember three fucking lines.

Good luck becoming a director, especially now. Movie business and photography are probably the most flooded markets for careers right now. Both were things I really wanted to get into, still kind of do, but I don't hold out much hope for it.

Urian on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    but really when it comes down to it, all I really want to be is a father.
    Everything else is gravy.

#pipe on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I really had no ambition. I guess you could say I wanted to be nothing.

My, how solidly I've achieved that.

Pretty much I wanted to get paid to read.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Any ambitions I have are merely vehicles for my final goal of being able to spend all day doing whatever the fuck I please.

Shorty on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shorty wrote: »
    Any ambitions I have are merely vehicles for my final goal of being able to spend all day doing whatever the fuck I please.

You know I was thinking of a way to word what was going through my head and you pretty much nailed it right there.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

You know I was thinking of a way to word what was going through my head and you pretty much nailed it right there.

I have a talent for laying things on the line.

Shorty on
  • Options
    concreteconcrete Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wanted to be Bon Jovi and Guns n' Roses. For this I have to blame 80's MTV, and my dad playing guitar eight 5 hours a day, every day.

Now I'm trying to become a metal solo artist.

concrete on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wanted and still want to be a writer, but I can't get more than a couple of pages into anything without hating it so I barely do anything these days.

On the brighter side, my more successful hobbies include kung fu and keeping my girlfriend happy.

Butler on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am pretty much living my dream right now, or at least I'm well on my way to getting there. Ever since middle-school I wanted to be an engineer, and now I'm halfway done with my EE degree, and making awesome money at a corporate co-op job at the same time.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my dream changes every few months. though as a kid i really wanted to be a pilot. don't have the eyes for it though.

Right now I think it would be pretty rad to own a comic book shop, but in a few months that'll prolly pass and I'll want to be a juggler.

EDIT: oh and I always wanted to do martial arts as a kid. Right now I am the president of the TKD club at my college, so things in that department are going pretty damn well.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!