As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

User friendly backup solutions

NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
My mom is looking for a way to backup her important stuff in case her computer dies. Is there anything that's more user friendly than just burning to media or shuttling it all to a USB stick? She tends to get a bit paralyzed with the process, so she's always concerned with not knowing what stuff to move, or how to move it, or how to view it on a new system. If it was just regular documents (Microsoft Word, photos, that sort of thing) it wouldn't be a problem, but there's some proprietary format stuff for financial info, too. She's not convinced that a straight burn/file transfer would work. I think she may want individual programs moved, too, wholesale. So, not a complete image of the system, but complete chunks.

Any suggestions?

Nightslyr on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    dropbox / googledrive?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    dropbox / googledrive?

Definitely a possibility. I've shown her how to use Dropbox for her iPhone <-> Windows 7 PC stuff.