As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's go, Jehuty. [Zone of the Enders]

124»

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    *Unffffu*

That is
    wouldn't be surprised if yoji did that statue so they could scan it in and turn it into a model
    Oh wow, that's totally the case.

Also, here's the intro for the HD collection.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVOxvABhdA

Oh HELL YEAH!

This is what I've been waiting for ever since the Zone of the Enders TV show ended.

And that show is really good by the way.

Seriously, you should watch it, wayyy better than the movie.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    it is amazing how much ZoE looks like a current gen game in 1080p

god bless you, toon shading

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    *Unffffu*

That is
    wouldn't be surprised if yoji did that statue so they could scan it in and turn it into a model

Also, here's the intro for the HD collection.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVOxvABhdA

Oh HELL YEAH!

This is what I've been waiting for ever since the Zone of the Enders TV show ended.
    There's a what?
    And that show is really good by the way.

Seriously, you should watch it, wayyy better than the movie.
    There's a what?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    cockpit

haha

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    ugh i want that fucking shirt so bad

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There was a movie OVA prequel to the first game called Idolo. It's not particularly great, but it does set up several things in the ZOE universe, how Martians feel oppressed by those from Earth (which is easily shown by the effects of gravity on their bodies), the formation of BAHRAM, what Metatron does to a person (drives them batshit crazy) and how Viola got messed up. Everything in it of significance is summed up in the TV show.

The TV show however is great on its own. It combines some really awesome characters, with some very decent mech action and a really detailed look at how the world of ZOE works.

James Links is a down and out space trucker and a former LEV pilot from Earth. LEVs are vastly outclassed by Orbital Frames, but make up for it with sheer numbers. Tensions between Earth and Mars are rising to war, but all James wants is to stop being a rotten father and reconnect with his family.

Long story short, he gets a special package from his wife who disappeared a few years ago. It turns out to be an Orbital Frame with a childish AI similar to ADA. Rachel Links was a Martian scientist who believed in making Orbital Frames so that Mars could be respected on par with Earth. James gets framed for murder and is forced to go on the run with his kids, evading Earth security forces, trying to rescue Rachel from BAHRAM, and eventually fights extremist elements of both Earth and Mars. There's all kinds of cool stuff like a shootout on an atmospheric plant with high tech guns that fire homing bullets, some pretty great humor, and a 40 something year old protagonist in contrast to all those damn 12 year olds running around. The series ends with a temporary ceasefire between BAHRAM and the UN Space Force, but it doesn't last long and leads directly in to the events of ZOE 2.

You can buy the show legit through Amazon last time I checked. It's definitely one of the better animated series based on a video game that has been released. It stands on its own story and not just as a 'game tie-in'. Although it does have shoutouts to different people and places of ZOE.

You can also watch it on YouTube, the English dub is decent enough:

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    It's also worth noting that the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo is an addon for the ZoE HD collection.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    It's also worth noting that the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo is an addon for the ZoE HD collection.

And we've come full circle

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    There was a movie OVA prequel to the first game called Idolo. It's not particularly great, but it does set up several things in the ZOE universe, how Martians feel oppressed by those from Earth (which is easily shown by the effects of gravity on their bodies), the formation of BAHRAM, what Metatron does to a person (drives them batshit crazy) and how Viola got messed up. Everything in it of significance is summed up in the TV show.

The TV show however is great on its own. It combines some really awesome characters, with some very decent mech action and a really detailed look at how the world of ZOE works.

James Links is a down and out space trucker and a former LEV pilot from Earth. LEVs are vastly outclassed by Orbital Frames, but make up for it with sheer numbers. Tensions between Earth and Mars are rising to war, but all James wants is to stop being a rotten father and reconnect with his family.

Long story short, he gets a special package from his wife who disappeared a few years ago. It turns out to be an Orbital Frame with a childish AI similar to ADA. Rachel Links was a Martian scientist who believed in making Orbital Frames so that Mars could be respected on par with Earth. James gets framed for murder and is forced to go on the run with his kids, evading Earth security forces, trying to rescue Rachel from BAHRAM, and eventually fights extremist elements of both Earth and Mars. There's all kinds of cool stuff like a shootout on an atmospheric plant with high tech guns that fire homing bullets, some pretty great humor, and a 40 something year old protagonist in contrast to all those damn 12 year olds running around. The series ends with a temporary ceasefire between BAHRAM and the UN Space Force, but it doesn't last long and leads directly in to the events of ZOE 2.

You can buy the show legit through Amazon last time I checked. It's definitely one of the better animated series based on a video game that has been released. It stands on its own story and not just as a 'game tie-in'. Although it does have shoutouts to different people and places of ZOE.

You can also watch it on YouTube, the English dub is decent enough:

Hmm. Yeah I vaguely remember hearing about IDOLO, but not the series- have to check it out at some point.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular

hahahaaaaaaaaahahahahaha I love it

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Want one of those shirts.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    agreed

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I feel like, if the cockpit thing weren't so, ZoE would have very likely taken off more as a series. No lie, it's that offputting to people for whatever reason.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I brought ZoE2 a while back when Game Crazy (yet its soul rest in peace) went under.

I'm sorry, but this game is

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

So much talking. So much flying around aimlessly. So much needless 'do this to expose enemy weak point and attack its weak point for massive damage!' bull shit.

I don't get it. I loved ZoE 1. I fucking CRIED when ZoE1 came out and I saw it the first time, I fucking cried to a fucking video game trailer.

But ZoE 2 just bores me to tears. It's really frustrating.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    This is now also officially the Platinum games thread.

Holy shit the Anarchy Reigns demo is so fun.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I brought ZoE2 a while back when Game Crazy (yet its soul rest in peace) went under.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

So much talking. So much flying around aimlessly. So much needless 'do this to expose enemy weak point and attack its weak point for massive damage!' bull shit.

I don't get it. I loved ZoE 1. I fucking CRIED when ZoE1 came out and I saw it the first time, I fucking cried to a fucking video game trailer.

ship it to me, then

I will love it dearly

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

ship it to me, then

I will love it dearly

If you're serious, give me a PM.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    huh the bestial looking jehuty doesn't have a cock-pit

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I remember watching my friend play the middle part of this game and thinking how cool it was, but then years later when I picked it up towards the end of the PS2 life cycle, the intro section was so slow, and the anime storytelling was so ham-fisted that I just couldn't get into it - it didn't resemble what I'd seen. I'd love to try it again, but I can't justify digging out the PS2, at least not until I move into the new apartment next month.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    I feel like, if the cockpit thing weren't so, ZoE would have very likely taken off more as a series. No lie, it's that offputting to people for whatever reason.

because it's vulgar and ridiculous looking

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    the cockpit goes in the center of the ship; otherwise you have problems with spatial awareness, not to mention the conflict with the weapon systems that seem to be aggregated at the head and torso

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Yeah. That really put me off the whole thing back in the day

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »

Welcome to Japanese popculture.

Also, never google image search an Tanuki.

• Options
    fully aware, i'm explaining what the "whatever reason" was

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    534469949_o.jpg

makes you wonder

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    So I watched like 8 episodes of that ZoE anime that was posted.

It's pretty good actually

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Paladin wrote: »
    534469949_o.jpg

makes you wonder

As a complete aside, that stick is kinda... shit.

After awhile it develops a really terrible lean, fixable only by constantly unplugging the thing. Mid-game.

EDIT: If it WEREN'T for that lean though, it'd be pretty goddamn cool.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    So I watched like 8 episodes of that ZoE anime that was posted.

It's pretty good actually

I know right? Super, super underrated.

• Options
    The only thing that weirds me out is that they call the mom "mama" the whole time.

It's a bit creepy, but I think it's a translation thing.

• Options
    It doesn't really get rolling until they get to Mars, but every episode has something pretty unique and funny to add to the ZOE-verse. Like gangsters, life on Earth, how space travel works etc, BAHRAM's initial uprising on Mars, stuff we never get a chance to see in the games.

• Options
    Yeah I just got to them being on mars.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    FIG-IPN-4453.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    *screaming on the inside*

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    please tell me that's solid snake

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    NO! THAT IS NOT SOLID SNAKE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZC_-vXWjcw

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Any chance of the remake for the first two games coming to the 360? Our ps3 broke not too long ago (we are trying to get it fixed).

EDIT: Never mind, a quick google search shows it is coming to 360, yay!

Lagnar on