As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armoured Core: Project [Phalla]ntasma (mini) - End - Village Victory

1293031323335»

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    I'd love to hear that theoretical backtrack, and didn't the mission seer give all the mission results?
    Yup! Which was perfect, because if we didn't use our vig, it wouldn't cone back with us as ambushing.

Bam. Infiltrated network.

I was actually up front with Smoove on the missions I ran, that's why I'd love to know why I was seered. It'll tell me where (if anywhere) I screwed up.
    Uh....I still don't see how that would give you an in to the network? Even if it would say that you didn't ambush that day, you'd still be a random villager, which isn't exactly confirmed?

MrT got invited due to no Ambush on his seer :)

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Dangerous move, that.

The Sandman phalla was lost partially because Nirya interpreted "Used no power" as "village", when it was not the case.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    MrT was also actually offering constructive analysis :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    More importantly there was an ambush kill the night MrT got seer, jdarksun was talking about not using there kill to try and infiltrate-if I followed that right.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Nice job, Akimbo.
    You're crazy!

According to our good host, I did succeed at Day 1 & 2 EQ missions.

Nemesis -
    (which apparently wasn't as good as I thought)

HEAD EQ-H-1
    CORE EQ-C-4
    LEGS OS-L-1
    WEAPON EQ-A-BLAD
    SHOULDER EQ-S-MMIS

Total
    PAYLOAD 19
    SHIELDING 13
    RADAR 14
    MOBILITY 17
    Composite Score 63
    Weight 17
    Energy Use 28
    Weight Limit 27
    Energy Capacity 45

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Things have been busy, so I have forgotten to give my kudos to Akimbo for this awesome idea.

I feel like this was pretty much custom made for me, so I was a little sad that I never actually ended up getting an ability! But them's the breaks. Thanks for running! I had more fun crunching the numbers than I hadany right to.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    @SaberOverEasy sorry for killing you in this one! You are sneaky, and I can't have you on the opposite side. :P

It's all good TRV. I was actually a little flattered that the mafia thought I was enough of a threat to day 1. Though not flattered enough NOT to give you a grudge vote next time around :)

Akimbo, thanks for running this. I had a ton of fun playing around with the spreadsheets, even after I died.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I fully accept any grudging you wish to lay upon me.

Also wtf is up with me getting mafia like half the time? Hahaha

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Gear for Day 1, where I beat jaysonfour, and what I upgraded to on Day 2.

Module Name Payload Shielding Radar Mobility Composite Weight Energy

Core IU-C-1 2 4 0 1 7 9 5
    Head IU-H-1 1 2 1 1 5 5 4
    Shoulder IU-S-LASR 3 1 3 0 7 2 6
    Arm GA-A-RIF 4 0 2 1 7 5 3
    Legs OS-L-1 1 3 2 3 9 0 10
    11 10 8 6 35 21 28

Available 23 28

Module Name Payload Shielding Radar Mobility Composite Weight Energy

Core EQ-C-3 4 7 2 2 15 11 7 100
    Head OS-H-2 2 1 6 1 10 5 7 30
    Shoulder IU-S-LASR 3 1 3 0 7 2 6
    Arm GA-A-RIF 4 0 2 1 7 5 3
    Legs IU-L-2 1 6 1 6 14 0 13 50
    14 15 14 10 53 23 36

Available 25 40

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    @AkimboLegs
    You sure you don't wanna run this as a game not a phalla.
    Plenty of people luv their mechs!

• Options
    Going to see Prometheus tonight.
    Wish me luck!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    So I had altered Akimbo's spreadsheet to show conditional bars, making it very very easy to find the "best" equipment to buy to maximize stats. There were some peices that were just junk. Without that kind of knowledge, it would be very hard to build a competitive mech. I can't imagine the work that went into this on Akimbo's end.

So disappointed I had to withdraw.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    stever777 wrote: »
    @AkimboLegs

JdArk suggested the same. I would love to, but I'll have to learn some code to do it, and I'm not sure I'll be doing that anytime soon

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    So I had altered Akimbo's spreadsheet to show conditional bars, making it very very easy to find the "best" equipment to buy to maximize stats. There were some peices that were just junk. Without that kind of knowledge, it would be very hard to build a competitive mech. I can't imagine the work that went into this on Akimbo's end.

So disappointed I had to withdraw.

I tried to make sure every piece was relevant versus the other pieces of its level. Some had lower composites, but that was usually balanced by low energy or weight or sometimes cost. Which pieces were bad?

• Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    I fully accept any grudging you wish to lay upon me.

Also wtf is up with me getting mafia like half the time? Hahaha

I have similar fate in role deduction game.
    Like 90% of Battlestar Galactic I play as Cylon, 50% of Shadow over Camelot being traiter
    Serious my playgroup usually kills me in round 1 :(

• Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    @AkimboLegs

JdArk suggested the same. I would love to, but I'll have to learn some code to do it, and I'm not sure I'll be doing that anytime soon

I really enjoy mech building and going for mission, more than mafia part.
    Maybe next game you run can be some kind of area control game. Players fight for their sponsor corps to gain dominance over the City or something.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Given the parts balance, I'm not sure if a straight faction game would work, but maybe factions with mafia...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Allright, sorry I was absent most of the day yesterday. When I realized what I had gotten myself into trying to coordinate the village in this game, AND I looked at my calendar and had 2 filing deadlines on Friday, I was pretty sure we were all boned.

My RAVEN:
    RO-H-1A
    RO-C-1
    EQ-L-1
    RO-A-MGUN-P
    EQ-S-RAIL
    11 / 8 / 18 / 18
    ...is actually pretty terrible. I was successful day 1, then failed, the forgot to put in orders for myself after trying to keep up with assignments for everyone else, then I got roleblocked. But at least I spent my last few credits on a dreamcatcher, shag carpeting for the cockpit, a mug, and a bitchin' flames/lightning paintjob on the last day. Hellz yeah.

Between Sega and I we got really lucky on the first 2 seers (Kaplar and Jdarksun). @jdarksun you'll have to ask Sega why you were seered. He didn't contact me until after he had decided to seer you. I will say that for whatever reason(s), you were on several peoples radars that I was talking to.

Thanks, village network for taking over for me yesterday whilst I was super busy.

Thanks Akimbo for running a freakin' awesome phalla. Truth be told, my forum handle comes for a RAVEN name I used in AC2.

Any other questions I can answer, feel free to ask.

Don't know if its been linked yet, but there was 1 day of network proboards:

http://conspiracyofravens.proboards.com

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @AkimboLegs

You could just run it as a play by post. Faction game with limited if any player elimination. Maybe a seven day time limit with the winner being the team that can control the most corporations.

You aint gotta code, just do what youve been doing for this game.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    @AkimboLegs

You could just run it as a play by post. Faction game with limited if any player elimination. Maybe a seven day time limit with the winner being the team that can control the most corporations.

You aint gotta code, just do what youve been doing for this game.

I'll play around with some stuff to see what I can pull off. Of course, I was barely able to get the 25 for a phalla, I think it might be a bit harder to get a decent number of people for a non-phalla :)

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    For the sake of posting it, I decided to count up what I was using in the end:

IU-H-1A
    IU-C-2A
    IU-L-2A
    IU-A-ESH-P
    GA-S-SLUG

Payload 16
    Shielding 45
    Radar 12
    Mobility 27
    Composite Score 100
    Weight 25/30
    Energy 44/50

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I also had this shoulder:

IU-S-ESH-P: Enhanced Shielding Prototype
    0 Payload
    15 Shielding
    0 Radar
    1 Mobility
    4 Weight
    13 Energy Use

...but the shielding would have been severe overkill and my energy use was crazy high as it was. I liked my shiny IU mech! ^_^

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Smoove, ur crazy!
    Akimbo, you got most of us interested...

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    More phallas need to be like this.