Options

Viva La Vida Medley - For Coldplay fans

1moretroubadour1moretroubadour Registered User new member
edited June 2012 in Artist's Corner
Hi PA Forums,

I'm a big fan of Penny Arcade, the comics, the posts and the guys. That said, never really popped into the forums. Well, I'm here now and debuting with something I've been working on for some time. I'm looking for any and all support/feedback I can get and so I'm starting with the communities of all my favourite sites. If you know the album I'm talking about in the title, please have a listen and any feedback you can provide is appreciated hugely, negative or (hopefully!) otherwise. If you don't but want to check it out anyway, that's great and again any feedback appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTLXGPInLPs

I'm looking to start a career as a musician and I need to know my strengths and weaknesses so I've attempted in this case to try everything. So any feedback, as specific as possible, is fantastic.

On the other hand, if you hate Coldplay, you don't need to fire off your complaints here; please move on to the next thread. Say what you like about me (and I'm happy to hear it) and my work but please don't begin to insult their validity or anyone's musical tastes. Again: about me, go for it :)

Thanks for anything you can do!

- Raj

1moretroubadour on

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I dont know the original songs, and I cant tell what parts you play, so I will refrain from commenting any of that, if I had to guess I would say piano and voice? Because I like the piano in the first pieces, the voice sounds too filtered to tell.
    Anyway, the radio tuning thing is pretty disruptive, I would almost say it turns what could be a medley into a remix tape.

PS: Im a music enthusiast, but not a musician per se.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    1moretroubadour1moretroubadour Registered User new member
    Thank you for the reply, it was kind of you to take the time to listen and comment :)

I played everything actually and sequenced the strings and drums in Logic; more an exercise in mixing and mastering than anything else. I appreciate the comment on the vocals, I'm getting that in a few forums. Not very confident with my vocals so I filled it with effects and they are overpowering. I'm going to reduce it for the final version.

Also interesting take on the mixtape. I never thought of it like that. It was supposed to be a old-timey radio effect but maybe I'm being too liberal with it...

That's nonsense, everyone's a musician. You just haven't found your instrument ;)

Thank you again for the reply and consideration! Given me more to think about and that's only a good thing!