Options

Cutting the cord [Goodbye Cable?]

2»

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Just for added info on the ESPN thing...I don't have cable. And I can watch just about any college football game ESPN broadcasts unless it is broadcast locally on ABC.

Most of those details are useless except the part where I use ESPN and don't have a cable or satellite sub. :)

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just to chip in my experience; I abandoned cable just over a year ago and am glad I did. Cut a good chunk from my monthly bills, and I don't even miss it anymore. Most of the shows I watched regularly are available (legally) for free online (example: The Daily Show and Colbert Report can be found legally on both CTV and the Comedy Network's sites), just means I watch them a day or two after they air. For many older shows, $8 thrown at Netflix gives me a month to catch up (if they're available; this does fall apart a bit considering Canadian Netflix is lagging way behind their US counterpart, but it is improving), and for everything else there's Amazon if I'm really that interested in seeing it.

Don't think I'll ever go back, though admittedly my lack of love for live sports probably makes it an easier break than it would for many.

Now I just need to price out and ponder swapping my internet and wireless services when my contract ends in a few months.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DustyBottomsDustyBottoms Registered User regular
    Tried an indoor antenna today but couldn't get any signal whatsoever. It was the RCA one from Best Buy recommended earlier in this thread. I am about 60 miles from any of the broadcast stations so I guess I would need something outside and/or on the roof. Not a possibility here unfortunately. Guess we won't be able to pick up NBC broadcasts after all.

Got my wife started migrating her e-mail usage to an @me.com account so after she feels comfortable that no new important emails are coming in through her Verizon account we will probably drop TV. Still trying to figure out if there's any way we can keep access to Verizon even after leaving the service.

828636-1.png