As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gentle[chat]ly advice

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    :|

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I remember dhcp problems on our university network. Over time more and more people tried to set a static address which made the available pool even smaller. This was like 1999 though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What does the new checkbox on the page border, next to the bookmark ribbon, do?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    everyone's ideal life is being hooked up to the cheeseburger machine i have on my roof

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    those guys don't even have the same disability!

I CALL SHENANIGANS, PARALYMPICS

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Federal authorities announced late Friday they were dropping the four-year criminal investigation into Arizona’s Sheriff Joe Arpaio and would not be pressing abuse of power charges against him.

lol?

Lol.

What the fuck? Why? WHYYY?
    But in the end, Scheel wrote, there just wasn’t enough evidence to meet the heavy burden it takes to bring criminal charges against fellow prosecutors and police who are given a lot of room to serve justice as they see fit.

If u da law u above da law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiYrRcfQo

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

it's for mass administrative commands (deleting, editing, etc.) you guys can see it but I don't think it does anything.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Man, all the related video recommendations at the end of that were sports related.

Except for Call me Maybe and Gangnam Style.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    That was pretty gangster, shaz

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I really hope the new Dredd is good.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

we don't know

or jacob can answer your question

Tamin on
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

it's for mass administrative commands (deleting, editing, etc.) you guys can see it but I don't think it does anything.

I see!

It gave me a weird look, I was wondering if it was dangerous.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    15 minutes into work and I have sweat through my shirt.

I hate humidity.

• Options
    Man Gangnam style may be my favorite internet-thing ever.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    all signs point to dredd being surprisingly close to source material in tone and fairly well executed jaycube

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    good lord i haven't even looked at these math notes and i have to be awake in 9.5 hours x_x

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So you still have 1.5 hours chu, get to it!

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    good lord i haven't even looked at these math notes and i have to be awake in 9.5 hours x_x

you have four full hours of studying and can still get a regular university-length-sleep

jk sleeping is pretty important.

I am pretty sure I have permanent brain damage from not sleeping.

• Options

translation: if you click it, you will be marked when the Culling begins

• Options
    nah it's k i don't have math class again until thursday

just, tomorrow i have two new classes then work and i'll only have 4-5 hours tomorrow night to do all this so

i will have to make sure i don't work too late

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Apparently one of my elementary schools has less than thirty kids between grades 1 through 6

Rural towns, huzzah

• Options
    desc wrote: »

translation: if you click it, you will be marked when the Culling begins

we prefer to call it "Carousel"

• Options
    simon do you have any pictures of Japan?

• Options
    all signs point to dredd being surprisingly close to source material in tone and fairly well executed jaycube

this is heartening!

the trailer has some kind of rote dialogue ("LET'S FINISH THIS", etc.) but I dig the premise and the filmmakers are saying the right things

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Simonwolf has pictures of plenty of things in Japan. I bet you don't want to see the majority of them, though.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i think i lack the picture gene

i dont take photographs

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    bwahaha this is the most cliche modular patch ever

I feel like such a nerd

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

just, tomorrow i have two new classes then work and i'll only have 4-5 hours tomorrow night to do all this so

You are still pretty early in your studies right? I ask because there's a lot of guys on here who I think read a lot of math. You can probably ask for some splaining here and get help if u run into difficulty with the maths.

Even I possess limited skill in mathsss (algebra is my bottom bitch).

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    simon do you have any pictures of Japan?

Yes, but I don't have internet on my compy yet

• Options
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Apparently one of my elementary schools has less than thirty kids between grades 1 through 6

Rural towns, huzzah

daaamn that is tiny

I went to elementary (which was k-6) on an indian reservation in the wilds of north kitsap and it still had several hundred students.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    like, I just want to throw a party and leave this thing running

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    man

I keep reading "math" as "meth"

too much breaking bad, methinks

• Options

y do they name films "3D"? Nobody in the galaxy expects anything other than 3D for an action film since two or three years past.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

You are still pretty early in your studies right? I ask because there's a lot of guys on here who I think read a lot of math. You can probably ask for some splaining here and get help if u run into difficulty with the maths.

I am betting chu' doesn't need help grasping the ideas.

But it is absolutely nescessary with math to put in the time to work through problems. People who try to approach math by just understanding the ideas and not putting in the time for rote memorization are fucking doooooomed.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    because it has 3 ds

duh

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

yeah dogg thanks

right now it is basically algebra review which is stuff i 'know' but haven't done in a while

i think i just have to bury myself in problem sets to remember how it all works

i will definitely be posting on here with questions though when we get to the new, novel concepts

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Rural towns, huzzah

I taught in a mountain elementary school that had a total of 10 kids. 10, there were more teachers in the school than students. Principal, VP, me, office lady, grades 1-6, tea lady and librarian. It was nuts. Also the building was brand new and awesome.

That was also the school where the principal asked if I was a "cherry." He meant exactly what you think he meant.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

I am betting chu' doesn't need help grasping the ideas.

But it is absolutely nescessary with math to put in the time to work through problems. People who try to approach math by just understanding the ideas and not putting in the time for rote memorization are fucking doooooomed.

Ya'rly

the maths is like building babels tower.

You must start from the bottom, and it takes a long time, and god hates you so you fail at it a lot.

This discussion has been closed.