As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX 2006 Room-Share Thread

1235»

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Man. I've always thought you were like...13.

And creepy. :P

I'd offer my room, but it is my friends room. And we already have four people in it.
    If you want creepy, I have a gift planned for you. And only you. <3

D:

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Man. I've always thought you were like...13.

And creepy. :P

I'd offer my room, but it is my friends room. And we already have four people in it.
    If you want creepy, I have a gift planned for you. And only you. <3

D:

See, this is why, Pika.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    My offer still stands, Pika. I have space at my Cousin's pad if you find yourself homeless and alone. Just say the word. You just have to be willing to travel a bit to and from PAX, but I will be driving so it shouldn't be a hassle.

Officer on
  • Options
    MegaMan AddictMegaMan Addict Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Having all the rooms I wanted to stay at bail on me for unforseen circumstances, and now with 4 days until pax. Yeah. A tad worried.

People know me as creepy here. And wording most requests to share a room as "Can I sleep with you? In your bed." probably didn't help the matter.

Creepiness aside, have you confirmed where you will be staying yet?

MegaMan Addict on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I'll vouch for Pikapuff. He will not rape you. He might hit on you...

Meiz on
  • Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    If I were going I would room with Pika, he is a damn fine example of a human being.

Infact I remeber one time when he....

*giggle*

oh that was so baaaaaaaaaad.

Vicious_GSR on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Don't hold your room for me. Cancel if you're staying in pola's room.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:

Alright then. Guess I'll cancel that room and take up a bit of floor space in PolaGo's room. ;)

PolaGo: Did you want me to send you an e-mail address or cell phone number you can use to contact me?

MegaMan Addict on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:

Alright then. Guess I'll cancel that room and take up a bit of floor space in PolaGo's room. ;)

PolaGo: Did you want me to send you an e-mail address or cell phone number you can use to contact me?

cell phone would be best so that we can contact more on the fly if need be. :)

Polago on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    EDIT: Room switched! No longer available.

OLD TEXT:
    Hey, I reserved two rooms at the Red Lion, but I'm only going to need one.

So, I'm gonna cancel one, but I can transfer it to someone else instead if anyone's looking for a last-minute room.

You will need a credit card, because I don't want to get stuck with the deposit if you don't show up. :) So, PM me your name. I'll then call the Red Lion and tell them you'll be taking the room. Then you call the Red Lion, put the room on your name and CC, and everyone's happy.

Why bother with this instead of just cancelling? Because I don't want a non-PAXer getting the room! (There's probably not much chance of that anyway.) So, I'll just cancel this evening if no one wants it.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    startled wrote:
    Hey, I reserved two rooms at the Red Lion, but I'm only going to need one.

So, I'm gonna cancel one, but I can transfer it to someone else instead if anyone's looking for a last-minute room.

You will need a credit card, because I don't want to get stuck with the deposit if you don't show up. :) So, PM me your name. I'll then call the Red Lion and tell them you'll be taking the room. Then you call the Red Lion, put the room on your name and CC, and everyone's happy.

Why bother with this instead of just cancelling? Because I don't want a non-PAXer getting the room! (There's probably not much chance of that anyway.) So, I'll just cancel this evening if no one wants it.
    Transfer to me maybe? possibly? Or you know. Don't. I'm not getting my hopes up. Again. Again.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff, my room just opened up again at the Silver Cloud. $124 a night (military discount seemed better since i'm staying there extra nights other than the 2 that were discounted for PAX), but i'm willing to rent out floor space for $30 a night per person (dunno if it's just you). The 30 stands even if it is just you, no worries. Email me at the address I posted on my previous post if you're interested.

I don't have cell phone access (doesn't work outside of Alaska), so email me by wednesday night if you want the room. Toss me your cell number if you have one so i can call you before i fly out for seattle (on a business trip right now). Otherwise, good luck and hope you find a place :)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Hoot wrote:
    PikaPuff, my room just opened up again at the Silver Cloud. $124 a night (military discount seemed better since i'm staying there extra nights other than the 2 that were discounted for PAX), but i'm willing to rent out floor space for $30 a night per person (dunno if it's just you). The 30 stands even if it is just you, no worries. Email me at the address I posted on my previous post if you're interested.

I don't have cell phone access (doesn't work outside of Alaska), so email me by wednesday night if you want the room. Toss me your cell number if you have one so i can call you before i fly out for seattle (on a business trip right now). Otherwise, good luck and hope you find a place :)
    Just grabbed the red lion room from startled. Crap. Don't even know what days it's for.

It's perfect for me, since that's where all the parties and tabletop is going to be at.

Of course, the day that this problem is fixed is the day I find out my leave still isn't approved yet. (I'm in this AEF rotation. :( )

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    lol, i feel your pain. I'm in Mississippi for a technical course, but i'm taking leave en-route to Seattle for PAX :D Been plannin this trip for a looong while :P I'll be giving you a call in a bit about the room. Just got your PM ;)

I still have room for anyone else who needs it. $30 a night. Silver Lion.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    PolaGo wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:

cell phone would be best so that we can contact more on the fly if need be. :)

Alright. Seeing as how I don't have a cell phone yet, how about you send me yours? :P I'll be buying myself one tomorrow. Once I have the number I'll PM it to you.

MegaMan Addict on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Hoot wrote:
    lol, i feel your pain. I'm in Mississippi for a technical course, but i'm taking leave en-route to Seattle for PAX :D Been plannin this trip for a looong while :P I'll be giving you a call in a bit about the room. Just got your PM ;)

I still have room for anyone else who needs it. $30 a night. Silver Lion.
    anychance you can pm me info's about how to meet you? looks like you're using prepaid cards?

Anyways, here's my flight infos. Oh noes internets!

Thursday, August 24, 2006
    United Airlines # 875

Denver International (DEN) to Seattle/Tacoma Intl (SEA)
    Departure (DEN): August 24, 8:55 AM MDT (morning)
    Arrival (SEA): August 24, 10:38 AM PDT (morning)

So maybe I can chill at the airport or something? Or meet you somewhere? PM with infos. or leave a message on my phone.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Well, crap. It appears I am unable to contact the folks I was originally planning to share a room with.

Predicament.

Is there a chance that anyone out there with a room would be willing to allow me bag-space on their floor for just the night of the 24th? I would, of course, still pay my share of the room cost for that night.

Crapfestival on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    If you show up and your room's not available, gimme a ring at (541)-556-6448, or look up Charles Tishman at the front desk. If there's room, you can crash with me for the night for $20. The downside is that you wouldn't have a key, nor be an official resident of the room. Contact me if you need to.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Well, crap. It appears I am unable to contact the folks I was originally planning to share a room with.

Predicament.

Is there a chance that anyone out there with a room would be willing to allow me bag-space on their floor for just the night of the 24th? I would, of course, still pay my share of the room cost for that night.
    If you PM hoot, I'm believe he'll let you in. He's asking $30 a night.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    ctishman wrote:
    If you show up and your room's not available, gimme a ring at (541)-556-6448, or look up Charles Tishman at the front desk. If there's room, you can crash with me for the night for $20. The downside is that you wouldn't have a key, nor be an official resident of the room. Contact me if you need to.

I may very well take you up on that. I'll most likely give you a call sometime tomorrow, if things keep going as they are.

I'll also toss Hoot a PM, for the sake of having a backup.

Crapfestival on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    So did that one guy ever stay at Recruit's house? I know he ended up sleeping in a car the first two nights. The address he got lead to some weird house of someone who definately wasn't recruit, from what he told me :o

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png