As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 10/3/12: This Figure Makes Me Look Fat

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Graphic Violence
AVX VS #6, the best one page story you can get outside of Mini Marvels, Squirrel Girl vs. Pixie by Dan Slott:
avxvs6pixiesquirrelgirl_zps14ee31f5.jpg

Uncanny X-Force #32, Mystique's just as cunning with her words as she is a shapeshifter:
uncannyxforce32a_zps09d53acd.jpg

uncannyxforce32b_zps184309aa.jpg

uncannyxforce32c_zpse7096e58.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #19, haters gonna hate:
uncannyxmen19a_zps4cdc7ea1.jpg

uncannyxmen19b_zpse4e32b14.jpg

uncannyxmen19c_zps3bb6cc53.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Action Comics #13 Superman goes back for Krypto!
    3Mj0Q.jpg

YyV9d.jpg

8uj4e.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man I have the double page NOW! spread in the NOW! thread, but the spider-jamers overload his spider-sense, which causes him to see every little threat (Also way better inker for Camncoli than his Lizard arc, it's pretty good this time!)
    qydFD.jpg

Green Lantern #13 More set-up issue, with Baz recieving a message from Hal/Sinestro.
    eDxUC.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'm not up-to-date on X-Men at all. In the Uncanny X-Men, is that
    ape-Beast
    ? If so, how did that happen?

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I'm not up-to-date on X-Men at all. In the Uncanny X-Men, is that
    ape-Beast
    ? If so, how did that happen?

It didn't. Some artists are just aren't looking are reference pics?

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    People just draw him like they want. Very little consistancy ususally,

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    People just draw him like they want. Very little consistancy ususally,

Munky not kitty!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Seriously? I mean... He's not looked like that for years. Like if someone were to draw Wolverine in his bestial, adamantium-less form, that wouldn't fly.

What I'm saying, basically, is "wut".

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Krypto.......fly as far away from Didio as you can, boy.

I do hope they keep him de-wolfed like he looks in those scans, that's a fair enough compromise from dog to super wolf like he was a few months ago.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I thought this week was going to be the last issue of AvX, and at the end of the month we were getting the new NOW! stuff.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Krypto.......fly as far away from Didio as you can, boy.

I do hope they keep him de-wolfed like he looks in those scans, that's a fair enough compromise from dog to super wolf like he was a few months ago.

Yeah, I like his look in the book. He's less wolf-like and more just...a large dog. He was a little more wolf-like in the backup story but not as bad as before

But he's still a sweetheart and I love him

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    All of Avengers Academy, but I'll try and get a few good pages up later ( Flag Football issue!)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Prophet #29; The tailed Prophet finds himself trapped in the belly of a living spaceship, his mind clouded by a psychic slave-driver. Farel Dalrymple's art is amazing, and colorists Joseph Bergin and Charo Solis do something really neat, portraying the scenes taking place in the ship in greyscale, to denote the dulling effect it has on Prophet's mind.
    vEvSJ.jpg

Bloodstrike #31; Battlestone, a former Golden Age superhero, takes a trip to the city, where he meets the new breed of supervillain.
    K6BVg.jpg

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Ha ha, it's like JMS with super-powers.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    G.I. Combat #5: The Haunted Tank teleports out of the Black Room and drives through Detroit to the house of the 98 year-old Jeb Stuart. Steve Trevor arrives just as Jeb boards the tank:
    ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

ht3.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    Bloodstrike #31; Battlestone, a former Golden Age superhero, takes a trip to the city, where he meets the new breed of supervillain.
    K6BVg.jpg
    OH MY GOD

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    K6BVg.jpg
    OH MY GOD

It's fascinating to see a title created by Rob Liefeld to get this sort of reaction, much less make it in a MotW thread.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    K6BVg.jpg
    OH MY GOD

And I thought the jab at Green Arrow in AvX Vs #6 was a stinger.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Avengers Academy 38
    First Down of the game...
    Hawkeyeicemanawesome.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    K6BVg.jpg
    OH MY GOD

It's fascinating to see a title created by Rob Liefeld to get this sort of reaction, much less make it in a MotW thread.

every issue of Prophet and Glory since the relaunch belongs in here.

Godzilla, 100 Year War #2 was once again amazing eye candy. Stokoe is finally getting some plot up and running, although I wouldn't care if every issue was just Godzilla fights monsters/ the army with no dialogue at all.