As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer dropping today (Oct. 9)

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    There's save editors.

Where?! :P I'm going to have to try fiddling with Cheat Engine and try and find a working table at this rate.

The save format and encryption was just recently figured out for the PC, so not much yet. But here's what I've seen so far:

this is the first one i've seen: https://github.com/pclifford/borderlands2

and Gibbed is working on one, that from what I hear it almost done, should be posted on his blog when it's ready: http://blog.gib.me/

and there's a port of WillowTree# being worked on, but it's just in the starting stages.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Did today's patch bork shield text for anybody else? Turtles, for example, used to tell me how much health they took off in exchange for added shield capacity. Now it just tells that it takes health off without telling me how much.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    found an infinity trying out mechromancer.
    sadly ordered chaos makes it completely useless.

Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I was Googling Hit Bit's Bonerlands image when I came across this little gem in that same thread:
    gearbox keeps talking about this "true vault hunter" mode

but i don't think it's gonna be hard enough
    i stand by this statement

especially given the sheer number of amazing builds currently out there that aren't dependent on the bee

I went through all of PT2 without a Bee

There were a few spots I died a couple times making it through, but I never felt like it was too difficult. Especially when I was playing co-op.

EDIT: now if I want to solo kill Terra in ten seconds, that's another matter entirely and then I use the Bee.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    co-op removes 85% of deaths in TVHM

simply because most deaths happen when you can't see something to second wind off of, not that you can't output enough damage

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hey, thread regulars. I'm going to pass on the OP torch when we hit 99.

Someone take it who will show it the love and attention it deserves.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I'm an Axton player. How is Gaige?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    I'm an Axton player. How is Gaige?

Maybe this video from Game Informer will give you a little idea.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I was Googling Hit Bit's Bonerlands image when I came across this little gem in that same thread:

especially given the sheer number of amazing builds currently out there that aren't dependent on the bee

There were a few spots I died a couple times making it through, but I never felt like it was too difficult. Especially when I was playing co-op.

EDIT: now if I want to solo kill Terra in ten seconds, that's another matter entirely and then I use the Bee.

yea the bee is pretty much just for farming bosses conveniently. i hope they dont end up nerfing it, or if they do they jack drop rates up some to compensate. its bad enough killing terra a couple hundred times or whatever, it would be just totally awful if it also took a bunch of time and effort to kill him every time. and then he didnt drop anything worth picking up.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Incidentally, I finally got Terra to drop its grenade mod and shotgun.

The grenade is kind of neat and e-tech. The shotgun, aside from a neat spread pattern, is completely disappointing. And a Blue, to boot. Ugh.

I kind of wanted to get the shield just because, but bleh.

• Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    jclast wrote: »
    Did today's patch bork shield text for anybody else? Turtles, for example, used to tell me how much health they took off in exchange for added shield capacity. Now it just tells that it takes health off without telling me how much.

Yep, confirmed b0rked on PS3, just picked up a turtle while farming the warrior to check and no figure for health reduction any more. I never use the shields anyway personally but that'd be really annoying if I did.

edit: The shields that increase health also don't mention by how much any more now.

Radiosity on
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    TVHM question: If I, at level 34, farm the doc for his infinite ammo gun... will that gun then "freeze" at this level even when I reach 2.5, or will I be able to get a lvl 50 version of that gun then as well? (Or do I simply have to wait?)

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    TVHM question: If I, at level 34, farm the doc for his infinite ammo gun... will that gun then "freeze" at this level even when I reach 2.5, or will I be able to get a lvl 50 version of that gun then as well? (Or do I simply have to wait?)

If you farm him at your level thats the level of the gun you get, but at 2.5 he'll drop a level 50 version.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Finally found Gaige's head off Henry:

Gaige_Henry.png

• Options
    Do not like.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And I've never got any heads from henry or bunk3r but I've gotten their oranges... DAMN YOU BISHOP!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    It's a nice Tali reference. Maybe could have been a little more refined.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    Oh god talimancers too? Christ its bad enough with the bronies.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Oh god you're right, it is Tali.

Honestly, I will be surprised if a Mechromancer head manages to tempt me away from the default. The default is really good.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    There's save editors.

Where?! :P I'm going to have to try fiddling with Cheat Engine and try and find a working table at this rate.

The save format and encryption was just recently figured out for the PC, so not much yet. But here's what I've seen so far:

this is the first one i've seen: https://github.com/pclifford/borderlands2

and Gibbed is working on one, that from what I hear it almost done, should be posted on his blog when it's ready: http://blog.gib.me/

and there's a port of WillowTree# being worked on, but it's just in the starting stages.

Thanks for the links/information. Hope lives!

• Options
    Radiosity wrote: »

Yep, confirmed b0rked on PS3, just picked up a turtle while farming the warrior to check and no figure for health reduction any more. I never use the shields anyway personally but that'd be really annoying if I did.

edit: The shields that increase health also don't mention by how much any more now.

wtffffffffffff

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    eobet wrote: »

If you farm him at your level thats the level of the gun you get, but at 2.5 he'll drop a level 50 version.

Thank you for the clarification. So its only the quest rewards that gets "locked", any drops even if you've taken that quest, will match your level then, I take it.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Yeah only quest rewards, all bosses get a level up in 2.5.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I went through all of PT2 with a level 28 Bee.

So I only had 1.2k shields for most of it.

I died a lot.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

wtffffffffffff

Yeah, stupid huh? I'm pretty accustomed to having features removed in patches as a PS3 owner but normally that's just Sony, I'd expect better from Gearbox.

Also, holy crap Deathtrap moves like a gazelle with its ass on fire, enemies can barely get a bead on him and by the time they do he's burned them to ashes with his LASERFACE :D

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

wtffffffffffff

Yeah, stupid huh? I'm pretty accustomed to having features removed in patches as a PS3 owner but normally that's just Sony, I'd expect better from Gearbox.

Also, holy crap Deathtrap moves like a gazelle with its ass on fire, enemies can barely get a bead on him and by the time they do he's burned them to ashes with his LASERFACE :D

its gotta be a bug, theres no way they would take that stuff out on purpose.

• Options
    Is that only on the PS3? I guess I'll have to see on the PC.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I certainly hope so, if I'm going to equip a shield that nerfs my health I'd like to know how much by.

• Options
    estrada42estrada42 Registered User regular
    So if I sided with the Zafords and wiped out the Hodunks, does that mean I can't farm Mick Zaford for Maggie's pistol? Or can I bum rush his bar and wi[e them all out too?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Is that only on the PS3? I guess I'll have to see on the PC.

it's on 360 too

• Options
    Ok I get that you lesser platforms have a problem...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm sitting at work thinking about how much I want to be home playing this or XCom.

Need to play an Ordered Chaos Gaige.

• Options
    I'm going to play the shit out of gaige when I get home.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Had to google her skill-tree. Main site hasn't caught up yet. Oh, and removing points is suddenly there. Yay.

I'm only a handful of skills in, but first impression is that she's fun.

PLA on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    preacher, looks like it's just you and me who haven't played Gaige yet... so let me know when you get started and we'll go at it together since nobody else could stand to wait...

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    HooverFan wrote: »
    preacher, looks like it's just you and me who haven't played Gaige yet... so let me know when you get started and we'll go at it together since nobody else could stand to wait...

Are you on the PC? I'm stuck here for another god damn hour...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Watching Deathtrap go to town on an entire camp of bloodshots and slaughtering the lot of them in a raging storm of fire and lightning is truly a thing of beauty :D

• Options
    Boo, removing points doesn't actually work. But yeah, most of her stuff adds new stuff. Fun!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »

Are you on the PC? I'm stuck here for another god damn hour...

i haven't tried her yet either!. 3 persons all gaige.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Huh, she actually seems rather conducive to sacrificing health for shields. Even a skill that converts health into shields.

Edit: Discord hurts my head. Help me think.

PLA on