Options

Let's Play: Earthbound! Raneados is a huge gay itt (56k no way)

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shorty wrote: »
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Zilla84 wrote: »
    God, the Department store.

Hardest part of the game, no contest.

No way, man. Deep Darkness.

that's where you get chased by those faggot fucking dinosaurs, right?

No, that's the underworld, or something like that. Deep Darkness is the swamp.
    I don't recall having a lot of problems there, unless you went out of your way to get every single truffle.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    God, the Department store.

Hardest part of the game, no contest.

No way, man. Deep Darkness.

that's where you get chased by those faggot fucking dinosaurs, right?

No, that's the underworld, or something like that. Deep Darkness is the swamp.
    I don't recall having a lot of problems there, unless you went out of your way to get every single truffle.

Demonic Petunias are like the worst enemies ever. Every turn they spit out a bunch of goo that does a crapload of damage to every party member.

Shorty on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    But Terranigma is better!

Most of you haven't even played it!

I have played it and while I do prefer Earthbound, it is pretty hilarious
    helping "Alex" invent the phone and "Mack" invent the burger.

Also, Deep Darkness was hella easy. The Department Store was nigh on impossible.

The best part, though?
    WECOMEL OT SOONMIIIIIDE!!
    bonebonebone.png

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    God, Moonside was a gigantic acid trip.

I'm still maintaining Dungeon Man being the best.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    New-Age Retro Hippie is definitely my favorite.

I prefer the Unassuming Local Guy.

The Unassuming Local Guy smiled and became friendly.

You back away.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    But Terranigma is better!

Most of you haven't even played it!

I have played it and while I do prefer Earthbound, it is pretty hilarious
    helping "Alex" invent the phone and "Mack" invent the burger.

Also, Deep Darkness was hella easy. The Department Store was nigh on impossible.

The best part, though?
    WECOMEL OT SOONMIIIIIDE!!
    bonebonebone.png

Oh man, moonside. The music they play in that cafe where you get to moonside is a fucking trip.

Shorty on
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There's not much in the game that can outdo the brutality of the Department Store. The dungeon leading up to the Carbon/Diamond Dog and Peaceful Rest Valley are pretty rough too. I usually spend time grinding levels in the desert, but even with that Jeff never makes it all the way to the top, the monsters are just too much for his nerdy glasses to handle.

Moonside is awesome. Fighting Dali paintings in a backwards neon world is just too cool for any one game. I'm also a big fan of The Runaway Five and boloney sandwich eating robots. I love how the game goes from super cute, like the Mr Saturns or the Tendas to seriously disturbing, like Poo's vision quest and some of the stuff Giygas says during the final battle.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The secret to level grinding in earthbound is fighting green caterpillars in the desert. The first one you kill will gain you at least five levels for every character.

Shorty on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bone bone bone.

Green on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Posting in this thread so I don't get lost trying to find it again

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This thread also got me to pick two of the other best SNES games ever made.

Harvest Moon

and... and.. get this.

ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS

monsterror on
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh, and Chrono Trigger, but Im not playing it until Im done with Earthbound.

monsterror on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    monsterror wrote: »
    Oh, and Chrono Trigger, but Im not playing it until Im done with Earthbound.

Fuck yes.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Playing Chrono Trigger again.

I feel bad, because the first time through I didn't realize how awesome Lucca was.

Way, way better than that blond ditz.

Seriously on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    what about illusion of gaia huh

the pig kills himself to make bacon

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Illusion of Gaia was a fun game and anyone who says differently sucks.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bonebone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Veretas wrote: »
    bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bonebone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone bone

You messed up on word 114.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    AkinosAkinos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    /subscribe

Akinos on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Seriously wrote: »
    Playing Chrono Trigger again.

I feel bad, because the first time through I didn't realize how awesome Lucca was.

Way, way better than that blond ditz.

The best party is Crono, Frog, and Lucca. You get all three elements and access to shadow magic via their triple tech, Frog can heal, and three party members who can all deal burly damage.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

That game was amazing and I'm so sad that they never relased the pseudo-sequel in the US.

Shorty on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007

That game was amazing and I'm so sad that they never relased the pseudo-sequel in the US.

every time I play them I want them to remake them all for the DS or maybe even make them into 3D and add a lot of stuff, but it's not Final Fantasy so this will never happen

Because the art style of Illusion of Gaia really bothers me for some reason. Going from the detailed Soul Blazer to giant heads in IoG

but fuck I love the three of them so much

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »

every time I play them I want them to remake them all for the DS or maybe even make them into 3D and add a lot of stuff, but it's not Final Fantasy so this will never happen

Because the art style of Illusion of Gaia really bothers me for some reason. Going from the detailed Soul Blazer to giant heads in IoG

I doubt we'll ever see remakes of any SquareEnix properties that aren't Final Fantasy. I really doubt we'll ever even see any of them on the virtual console.

Shorty on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007

I doubt we'll ever see remakes of any SquareEnix properties that aren't Final Fantasy. I really doubt we'll ever even see any of them on the virtual console.

The only one I want on the VC is Terranigma because I don't have it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Chrono Trigger D:

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007

That is one of the few games I think anyone in the US is justified in downloading and playing illegally.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

That is one of the few games I think anyone in the US is justified in downloading and playing illegally.

but is it technically illegal in the US since there are no licensing rights to it over here?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

but is it technically illegal in the US since there are no licensing rights to it over here?

Good question. I doubt it, but I also think that if I were to start hosting it somewhere and Nintendo or Square got wind of it, they'd mount a campaign of legal tomfoolery to shut me down.

Shorty on
  • Options
    Carol VordermanCarol Vorderman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I played Terranigma and I didn't really get into it

Should I have tried harder

Also: jeez Tales of Phantasia is a fun game

Carol Vorderman on
    lincolnhi9lg8.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I still remember getting the final form in Illusion of Gaia. It was cool as hell.

Been so damn long since last I played. Should find my SNES cart and do some catching up after a few MGS3 playthroughs.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    anybody ever see that 'amateur' 3-D remake of Chrono Trigger a dude was working on?

Really incredible stuff, except Square sent him a cease and desist so he canned the project.

The trailer video was amazing.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I friggin love moonside

"Hey! Parking Meters! And you're walking around!

Ha,Ha,Ha,...That's so funny"

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    d_b wrote: »
    I played Terranigma and I didn't really get into it

Should I have tried harder

Also: jeez Tales of Phantasia is a fun game

ToP is shit. Not the shit. Just shit.

Shorty on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    anybody ever see that 'amateur' 3-D remake of Chrono Trigger a dude was working on?

Really incredible stuff, except Square sent him a cease and desist so he canned the project.

The trailer video was amazing.

And he would have gotten away with it too, if he didn't try to make money off of it.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The ToP gameboy advance version is terrible, but supposedly the SNES one is great.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The ToP gameboy advance version is terrible, but supposedly the SNES one is great.

No, it isn't. It's awful. Combat is just hitting the A button over and over. The only reason people like that game is because of one line, delivered by Klarth: "I'll bet she fucks like a tiger."

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Combat in Symphonia was almost as button-mashy, and it was still damn fun.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    hella fun

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Combat in Symphonia was almost as button-mashy, and it was still damn fun.

Symphonia was fun. It didn't have slowdown, and the combat was much deeper. It was the same type of game, with a decade of game design experience and the power of a decent machine to back it up.

Shorty on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Button mashy combat really doesn't bother me, so long as I can pretend that there is probably a more strategic way to do it.

Straightzi on