Options

Skies of Phalladia - Finale: Into Blue Skies

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I thought the village learnt how to work together in a certain bedlam crashes stuff into other stuff phalla? Disappointed no one has attacked me.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yes, Captain Bender would very much like to get in touch with whoever attacked his ship. I'm only interested in killing humans mafia.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    I thought the village learnt how to work together in a certain bedlam crashes stuff into other stuff phalla? Disappointed no one has attacked me.

I only said it for the shitty wordplay.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    One more thing, assuming each mafia gets one group kill. It would appear that someone somehow survived one of those group kills. That person might have come upon some useful info, that won't jeopardize the village if it's revealed.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    warban wrote: »

Were you hoping I'd give you a love tap?

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Vote close will be an hour late tomorrow as I have oooOoOOoOoooOOoO

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Am I correct to assume that Megafrost's color is just a typo?

Nevermind, everything has been changed.

We have always been at war with Eurasia.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    One more thing, assuming each mafia gets one group kill. It would appear that someone somehow survived one of those group kills. That person might have come upon some useful info, that won't jeopardize the village if it's revealed.

Good point - or did one of the group kills have the same target as a mafia kill?

I guess we could find that out by groups claiming to have earned $0 from their bounty.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    More specifically, it looks like the bravian attack failed

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It might just be a massive attack that deals a truckload of damage into the target. As we go on, people get bigger ships, and it gets less effective, perhaps? Or maybe the attack hit someone that was already going down?

I honestly don't know who to vote for as of yet. Throwing out my usual Kime placeholder until I'm a little more coherent and can get through more information.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    OOoooOoooOoooOOOOO

yo ho yo ho

a pirate's death fer me

OOoooOoooOoooOOOOO

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Like undergroundmonorail for jumping on that Fiaryn bandwagon. Fiaryn is entertaining, I say let him live.

How is voting for the same person as someone who's reasoning you agree with a bad thing?

...That may be the worst sentence I've ever written, but I can't think of a better way to word it.

Because mafia do a thing where they attach onto others vote reasoning when it is bad and/or incorrect, so that it is that person that looks bad when it fails to pan out, not the mafia jumping on it.

Mafia.

That makes sense, but I think that the reasoning there is the best we have right now. It's not much, obviously, but it's better than nothing.

Why?

Because nothing, by definition, is the worst reasoning there is.

I think there's a chance that Fiaryn and Rainfall are trying to hide the fact that they're mafia buddies. It's not a very high chance, but it's there. I have no idea who else could be mafia, so I'm voting for one of them. If something new comes up, I'll reconsider.

Well we're here arguing about it so it must make us mafia trying to distance ourselves.

Since I don't feel like voting for myself, I'll go with !undergroundmonorail, also because he did something that is actually a mafia tactic.

Or should I not vote for you, because that reasoning isn't very solid?

Still assert it makes sense?

I think it makes perfect sense. You have more reason to believe that I'm mafia than anyone else, so you're voting for me. That's how it works.
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    RAINFALL AND ME YELLING AT EACH OTHER ISN'T A NEW PHENOMENA CHUCKLEFUCKS.

I went through your posts back to August 2010, and as far as I can tell you haven't been in a Phalla game with Rainfall in that time (at least, not one with "Phalla" in the title). I don't know if you're talking about specifically in Phalla or what, but if you want to cite a specific time you and Rainfall yelled at each other I'd gladly retract my vote.

...Have I been in Phalla games since 2010? It's been a long-ass time, I know that.

I don't know, August 2010 was when I got bored and posted. I'm still going.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Like undergroundmonorail for jumping on that Fiaryn bandwagon. Fiaryn is entertaining, I say let him live.

How is voting for the same person as someone who's reasoning you agree with a bad thing?

...That may be the worst sentence I've ever written, but I can't think of a better way to word it.

Because mafia do a thing where they attach onto others vote reasoning when it is bad and/or incorrect, so that it is that person that looks bad when it fails to pan out, not the mafia jumping on it.

Mafia.

That makes sense, but I think that the reasoning there is the best we have right now. It's not much, obviously, but it's better than nothing.

Why?

Because nothing, by definition, is the worst reasoning there is.

I think there's a chance that Fiaryn and Rainfall are trying to hide the fact that they're mafia buddies. It's not a very high chance, but it's there. I have no idea who else could be mafia, so I'm voting for one of them. If something new comes up, I'll reconsider.

Well we're here arguing about it so it must make us mafia trying to distance ourselves.

Since I don't feel like voting for myself, I'll go with !undergroundmonorail, also because he did something that is actually a mafia tactic.

Or should I not vote for you, because that reasoning isn't very solid?

Still assert it makes sense?

I think it makes perfect sense. You have more reason to believe that I'm mafia than anyone else, so you're voting for me. That's how it works.
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    RAINFALL AND ME YELLING AT EACH OTHER ISN'T A NEW PHENOMENA CHUCKLEFUCKS.

I went through your posts back to August 2010, and as far as I can tell you haven't been in a Phalla game with Rainfall in that time (at least, not one with "Phalla" in the title). I don't know if you're talking about specifically in Phalla or what, but if you want to cite a specific time you and Rainfall yelled at each other I'd gladly retract my vote.

...Have I been in Phalla games since 2010? It's been a long-ass time, I know that.

I don't know, August 2010 was when I got bored and posted. I'm still going.

Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Ok.

Captains of the Fourth Moon, Hercules, Leviathan and Snap Kraken Pop:

Knock that shit off. Either you are mafia with puny weapons and terrible aim (this could be why there was only one mafia kill last night) or you are a soft network of black and/or blue pirates that really like how the aft of my ship looks. Either way, I don't appreciate the attention of your balls and torpedo.

I am a member of the black pirates, you gits. Kill the mafia, not me.
    could someone spare a repair kit?

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    OoOOoOoOooOooOOOooOOooOOoOOOooO

You pirate scum are going down!

OoOOoOoOooOooOOOooOOooOOoOOOooO

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    snap kraken pop

ahahahahahahah

• Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    TheRoadVirus

Based on Megafrost's post it sure does look like Seg voted for a dude and then switched to save you from being voted off.

Or its a coincidence. We wont know until you die painfully.

Bedlam

hmm. sounds a little like supporting a fellow mafia member's theories here to me.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Good morning.

Spreadsheet

Not a lot of information from Megafrost's death. He abstained from the I needed a name to post./TRV wagons of Day 1, opting instead for Cythraul. Unsurprisingly, he voted for Maximus last night (along with half the population).

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Going with Fiayrn again. But I'm open to other options.

Has anyone been making good money off exploring? I've done it two nights now and it's getting me bunk.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    a soft network of black and/or blue pirates that really like how the aft of my ship looks.

:-/ :winky:
    Either way, I don't appreciate the attention of your balls and torpedo.

:winky: :winky: :winky:

• Options
    ...Not only did my post take hours to go through, it posted twice? O_o

Also, I'm not sure if quoting someone voting and forgetting to change the colour counts as voting, so undergroundmonorail.

• Options
    ...undergroundmonorail

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    PLACEHOLDER MURDERBONER ON [color="red]!Kime[/color] UNTIL I HAVE MORE TIME TO REFLECT ON THE EXTENT TO WHICH I HATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    FUCK. FUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

!Kime

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it does not count as voting to do that.

• Options
    So it would be profitable I think to take a look at how that Maximus-train gathered steam so fast. For now I am going with 38thDoe for being an early vote on it and otherwise being pretty quiet.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Wifi hostel time! Before I take a nap

• Options
    I'm not one of those captains chamberlain but I have to say that's REALLY convincing.

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Going with Fiayrn again. But I'm open to other options.

Has anyone been making good money off exploring? I've done it two nights now and it's getting me bunk.
    Numbers 1 to 4 will have... I can imagine mafias all going explore to minimize the odds of the big prizes from falling into villager hands.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    So we don't have enough information yet. This sucks.

Some quick thoughts, though:

We've got 60 players total. So far, out of fifteen dead, three have been Imperial scum. That matches the standard Phalla Distribution of One Mafia to Five Others, or Twelve Imperials total. Since the Imperials are opposing forces, they're going to need a bit of a numerical boost to handle both the village assaults AND the other side without being taken down. 10 Imperials per side is pretty dramatic, leaving room for 2 neutrals, 20 Black Pirates, and 18 Blue Rogues. 1 in 3 doesn't seem to fair to the village, so I'm guessing there's about 11 or 13 Imperials remaining(Advantage: Bravia.) Toss in a pair of Neutrals(Survival and Serial Killer, just for laffs) and take into account the implication that the Black Pirates started with a minor numerical advantage, and I'm guessing there's about 15 Black Pirates and 15 Blue Rogues remaining(or 16/16)

This is what I've got based on the Softwork claims that we have at least one neutral(and where there's one, there should be two,) and a bit of number crunching based on damage/def statistics. If ANYONE has information that they can pass on to me, I don't care who you got it from or how valid it is, I'll post my conclusions based on that in this thread, publicly. For example, if there's a neutral GROUP out there, or special abilities, that would be important for me to know so I can help narrow down the numbers that we're going to need to call this a win.

My major failing in past phallas has been not putting my analyses in-thread, leaving a decent amount of correct information hidden in my head and PMs. Right now, the Black Pirates and Blue Rogues need to work together until we can thin the Mafia numbers a bit, because they're gaining on us fast, with very few relative losses. Obviously both sides are going to take pot shots at each other, and vote/targeting accidents will happen, but stuff like kill squads solely dedicated to annihilating the opposing village isn't going to help you win the game, it's going to ensure that you lose.

If someone could post a vote count that includes vote order and retractions(I guess retractions aren't necessary but they help,) I'd really appreciate it. I work today, so I don't have as much time as I'd like to do legwork.

• Options
    Looking at vote records and stuff, I'm really curious about what Kime has been up to. Tooooo quiet.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I don't think the kill squads are dedicated to killing the other village. I think the prevalent thinking is: we don't know who the mafia are, so we might as well take shots from the pool of the other village.

At least, that's my thinking.

Also, I have reason to believe that J4 is correct and the mafia attack is really a boatload (hah) of damage. This was revealed to me by the survivor of the Bravian attack.

And because I'm not sure why that would come to mind before a more typical guard attack, I'm putting my vote on JaysonFour

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The forums are acting up for me, gonna get a vote in before I go to work.

38thDoe seems very forgettable this game.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I think they just jumped back in time. Something really, really broke.

Kime has been very quite. Not a joke vote. This time I actually mean it.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was a really bad hiccup.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DumpShockDumpShock Does everyone? Registered User regular
    2 Placeholders and 2 "your to quite" kime votes. Whats your vote analysis showing @Rainfall?

• Options
    MY KIME VOTE IS NOW UNIRONIC.

• Options
    DumpShock wrote: »
    2 Placeholders and 2 "your to quite" kime votes. Whats your vote analysis showing Rainfall?

Votes mean shit-all until 8 EST and the majority chime in.

• Options
    Right now JDark and Kime are on my tentative radar.

• Options
    DumpShock wrote: »
    2 Placeholders and 2 "your to quite" kime votes. Whats your vote analysis showing @Rainfall?

For the record, my vote is not a placeholder, it's just subject to possible change if I look at the Maximus-wagon again and find somebody else on it I think smells more.