As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [Chat]

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    is "pwnd" said pwind (wind with a p sound) or poned (rhymes with tone) or something else

your answers determine how i view you as people

its pronounced "IM GOOEY IM THE WORST"

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    is "pwnd" said pwind (wind with a p sound) or poned (rhymes with tone) or something else

neither noob, it's still pronounced owned.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    god help me I am gaming on a ati hd4570

it is exactly as sorry as it sounds

Jesus. Is that worse than the 4850?

The second number denotes power. The 5 is a baby card for Disney games

pretty much

it was pretty good for the budget when I bought it, though, roughly 3.5 years ago now

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Congratulations, @AManFromEarth, you have given birth to a beautiful baby boy dorf! :)

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

it is pronounced owned

the p is silent

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Don't Starve is p fun, guys.

I've managed to build a berry Farm, chest, mini forest, and fire pit.

Also, shaved my hippie beard and am rockin' a sweet straw hat.

Suck it, nature!

I've heard excellent things about it, think I might snag it tonight

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

that doesnt even have the same letters sc

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

Holly Solomon, who is six month pregnant, reportedly told officers she was only trying to scare her husband but accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake.

D:
    a picture of the assailant:
    ndAFK.jpg

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

that doesnt even have the same letters sc

dominated, scrub

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    20110328.png
    20110329.png

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    why is mulan flanking tupac now

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

This. Typos get no special treatment, lest duck become fuck and fuck become duck, then look what you have!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I got Georgia O'Keeffe inspired clay candle holders and a keychain with three subway token looking coins connected by string and the head of Ganesh?

BEST DIWALI EVER

I got $21 for Diwali. I'm okay with that. On the plus side the office smells nice because of incense.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    People who silent the p won't get the d.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

This. Typos get no special treatment, lest duck become fuck and fuck become duck, then look what you have!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lN8vWm3m0

poo
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    RRP: £493.65
    Price: £184.98

Amazon obviously want me to buy this ssd.

What is it?

Intel 520 240GB

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    god help me I am gaming on a ati hd4570

it is exactly as sorry as it sounds

Jesus. Is that worse than the 4850?

The second number denotes power. The 5 is a baby card for Disney games
    I think I once won a 4570 in a raffle. It was described as a "media card", good for playing HD video and not much else.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    I got Georgia O'Keeffe inspired clay candle holders and a keychain with three subway token looking coins connected by string and the head of Ganesh?

BEST DIWALI EVER

I got $21 for Diwali. I'm okay with that. On the plus side the office smells nice because of incense.

Man, why don't I have incense, my boss and his boss are both Indian. I want in on this diwali business!

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    LOL is pronounced lole though right

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Winky is making masterpiece beds. good job, Winky. People will love you when they sleep on an exquisitely decorated oakenbed...

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I have next week off

:0

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Don't Starve is p fun, guys.

I've managed to build a berry Farm, chest, mini forest, and fire pit.

Also, shaved my hippie beard and am rockin' a sweet straw hat.

Suck it, nature!

I've heard excellent things about it, think I might snag it tonight
    I have a spare copy to trade if you got any spare games.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    LOL is pronounced lole though right

Well, lawl, actually. :lol:

• Options

BEST DIWALI EVER

Man, why don't I have incense, my boss and his boss are both Indian. I want in on this diwali business!

I gotta say, I'm digging Indian culture. I'd love to visit the non-shitty parts of India.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    more loll

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    el oh el

• Options
    The bastard son of Jor-El.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    The Prison
    "Looking at the internal environment I seriously doubt there's a worse penal facility in Norway, than the Basement of Ila prison, and I view being there as an additional punishment."

The Cell
    "The solitary cell that I am in is, as I said, stripped for furniture and has white walls that I'm not allowed to decorate. This worn cell from the 60s/70s is in the infamous cellblock that's nicknamed 'The Basement', where the only view you have is a prison wall that, with its nine meter height, blocks out everything except for the tops of a few trees."

Correspondence
    In his letter of complaint Breivik claims that only letters from "new-testament Christians and other people who don't like me" has gotten through censorship since the 8th of August. A short time before the central administration of the Correctional Services issued a memorandum to ensure that Breivik would not be able to control a criminal network from his cell.

Lack of daylight
    "As you know the windows have a dark foil applied to them, which reduses the available sunlight with around 60 percent. As a result of this I'm forced to take vitamin supplements to prevent Vitamin D deficiencies among other things."

Being unable to control the lighting
    "That the light- and TV- switch is outside the cell means that I have to call the prison officers through the intercom system for this (...) On several occasions when I was going to bed I've been forced to wait for up to 40 minutes before they've come to hand over my toothbrush and turn off the light.

The pen is bad
    Breivik claims that the rubber pen he was issued doesn't work for him. Using this pen he can only write around 10-15 words a minute. IT is also not very ergonomic, and according to the mass murderer it makes his hand hurt after using it for only a short while. "If it'd been theoretically possible to develop rheumatism, then I'm sure this rubber pen would have done the job."

Lack of common courtesy among the prisoners
    Breivik has four times complained that another prisoner in the solitary block at Ila has provoked him by increasing the volume of his stereo system. Breivik also complains about being scolded by the prison officers, as well as screaming from fellow prisoners. "I want peace and quiet. I want to be left alone."

No thermos-bottle for his coffee
    The terrorist is not allowed a thermo-bottle in his cell, according to the letter this means that he's forced to drink cold coffee 80 percent of the time.

Collection of cardboard plates and plastic utensils
    He describes the way the prison officers collect his cardboard plates and plastic utensils is a form of "low-intensity psychological terror", because he feels it requires him to hurry to finish eating and drinking.

Moisturizer problem
    He reacts to not being allowed to have a container of moisturizer in his room, but instead he's issued a plastic cup filled with cream. This means that much of the cream will be ruined during the day.

Gets too little butter
    The terrorist complains that at times he only gets enough butter for 2-3 of the 4 slices of bread he eats. "This creates unnecessary irritation because you ... either have to eat dry slices of bread or be made to have a bad conscience about asking for more."

Bad TV
    The mass murderer is upset that the TV has a very poor image and an echo to the sound, because it's locked up in a security closet made from steel and Plexiglas. Furthermore he's upset that his radio will only get channel P1 and channel P3.

Clothing
    "Since it is often quite cool in my living cell I usually wear a thick jacket / sweater at any given time (...) There are regularly problems when I ask for one of these garments. For some reason they often bring me a Lacoste sweater of the sort I use for special occasions. Despite the fact that I've pointed out several times that I don't want one of those, since they are quite valuable and should be spared a high degree of wear (...) I have therefore on several occasions wound up spending 1-2 days freezing until I manage to 'nag' my way into getting a prison officer to go into the storage area and fetch one of the correct jacket-sweaters."

Handcuffs
    "To be handcuffed is offensive and creates a mental strain. National guidelines for SHS requires me to be handcuffed before I'm moved to other rooms / the exercise area and/or before the prison officers open the cell door. During the last 14 months I've been subjected to handcuffing on average of five times a day – a total of more than 2000 occasions." The murderer who killed 77 and maimed many other for life says that he has six times has suffered "friction cuts where the steel edge on the inside of the handcuffs has ripped the skin on my wrists in a very painful way." This has led him to develop a fear of handcuffs.

Strip searches
    "The number of daily strip searches was reduced from January on, but even today it sometimes happens that I'm subjected to this twice a day. A strip search involves me being made to take off all my clothes, after which each garment is carefully examined." He describes in detail how such searches are conducted. "This is something I dread every day."

Feeling watched
    "The two cameras and the peephole in the door leads to a constant feeling of tension and of being watched (...) On occasion I am subjected to one of the daily 30-40 door hatch checks at the precise moment that I'm using the toilet, something which leads to a particularly great psychological strain. At times this can be experienced as a mental shock, especially if the hatch is slammed a the same time."

Controls
    "There is a hatch check every 30-60 minutes – 24 hours a day. AT night I occasionally wake up from having a flashlight shone into my face. It has also happened that they have woken me up if I've been sleeping without moving. It is known that they are not doing this for sadistic reasons, but to make sure that the prisoner hasn't committed suicide."

Cell searches
    Require him to rearrange his documents as they are occasionally brought into disarray. Breivik is also upset that he has to make his bed again after these searches.

Being moved
    In the letter Breivik expresses great frustration that he is apparently made to wait overlong to be moved to his training-cell, the study cell, or the outdoors area. He says that since 15 October he has stopped using the study cell. "The reason is that I feel the price I have to pay to use this offer is too high, as a daily struggle has to be fought to gain access to the cell for a full workday."

Denied art and a view
    "The solitary cell in which I live is, as I said, stripped of furniture and with white walls that may not be decorated. One is therefore denied the inspiration and mental energy that art and a view can give you."

Disturbed by prison wide messages
    Breivik asks to be exempt from receiving prison wide messages on the intercom, as "this is viewed as very irritating and at times an interruption."

Money
    "The requirement for my daily 'work money' allowance being raised from $7.2 / £4.5 a day to $10.25 / £6.5 a day from 1 October onwards was that in addition to studying, I would also wash the three cells that I use. In Skien prison I was given a mop with handle. In Ila on the other hand the only thing I'm given is a cloth, despite for my verbal complaints about this. I am in other words forced to scrub all three cells on my knees, something I view as degrading.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Opeth did a cover of You Suffer by Napalm Death last night. I really hope they do it again tomorrow, it'd be hilarious to see people's faces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGOT4d2Hs8

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    The bastard son of Jor-El.

They actually got rid of superman because they didn't want another child but were a staunchy pro-life family

Ejecting him into space seemed like the only other option, the planet exploding afterwards coinciding with the tape Jor-El left superman is just a coincidence - he just said that so whoever picked him up wouldn't come looking for child support

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    The Prison
    "Looking at the internal environment I seriously doubt there's a worse penal facility in Norway, than the Basement of Ila prison, and I view being there as an additional punishment."

The Cell
    "The solitary cell that I am in is, as I said, stripped for furniture and has white walls that I'm not allowed to decorate. This worn cell from the 60s/70s is in the infamous cellblock that's nicknamed 'The Basement', where the only view you have is a prison wall that, with its nine meter height, blocks out everything except for the tops of a few trees."

Correspondence
    In his letter of complaint Breivik claims that only letters from "new-testament Christians and other people who don't like me" has gotten through censorship since the 8th of August. A short time before the central administration of the Correctional Services issued a memorandum to ensure that Breivik would not be able to control a criminal network from his cell.

Lack of daylight
    "As you know the windows have a dark foil applied to them, which reduses the available sunlight with around 60 percent. As a result of this I'm forced to take vitamin supplements to prevent Vitamin D deficiencies among other things."

"That the light- and TV- switch is outside the cell means that I have to call the prison officers through the intercom system for this (...) On several occasions when I was going to bed I've been forced to wait for up to 40 minutes before they've come to hand over my toothbrush and turn off the light.

The pen is bad
    Breivik claims that the rubber pen he was issued doesn't work for him. Using this pen he can only write around 10-15 words a minute. IT is also not very ergonomic, and according to the mass murderer it makes his hand hurt after using it for only a short while. "If it'd been theoretically possible to develop rheumatism, then I'm sure this rubber pen would have done the job."

Breivik has four times complained that another prisoner in the solitary block at Ila has provoked him by increasing the volume of his stereo system. Breivik also complains about being scolded by the prison officers, as well as screaming from fellow prisoners. "I want peace and quiet. I want to be left alone."

The terrorist is not allowed a thermo-bottle in his cell, according to the letter this means that he's forced to drink cold coffee 80 percent of the time.

He describes the way the prison officers collect his cardboard plates and plastic utensils is a form of "low-intensity psychological terror", because he feels it requires him to hurry to finish eating and drinking.

Moisturizer problem
    He reacts to not being allowed to have a container of moisturizer in his room, but instead he's issued a plastic cup filled with cream. This means that much of the cream will be ruined during the day.

Gets too little butter
    The terrorist complains that at times he only gets enough butter for 2-3 of the 4 slices of bread he eats. "This creates unnecessary irritation because you ... either have to eat dry slices of bread or be made to have a bad conscience about asking for more."

Bad TV
    The mass murderer is upset that the TV has a very poor image and an echo to the sound, because it's locked up in a security closet made from steel and Plexiglas. Furthermore he's upset that his radio will only get channel P1 and channel P3.

Clothing
    "Since it is often quite cool in my living cell I usually wear a thick jacket / sweater at any given time (...) There are regularly problems when I ask for one of these garments. For some reason they often bring me a Lacoste sweater of the sort I use for special occasions. Despite the fact that I've pointed out several times that I don't want one of those, since they are quite valuable and should be spared a high degree of wear (...) I have therefore on several occasions wound up spending 1-2 days freezing until I manage to 'nag' my way into getting a prison officer to go into the storage area and fetch one of the correct jacket-sweaters."

Handcuffs
    "To be handcuffed is offensive and creates a mental strain. National guidelines for SHS requires me to be handcuffed before I'm moved to other rooms / the exercise area and/or before the prison officers open the cell door. During the last 14 months I've been subjected to handcuffing on average of five times a day – a total of more than 2000 occasions." The murderer who killed 77 and maimed many other for life says that he has six times has suffered "friction cuts where the steel edge on the inside of the handcuffs has ripped the skin on my wrists in a very painful way." This has led him to develop a fear of handcuffs.

Strip searches
    "The number of daily strip searches was reduced from January on, but even today it sometimes happens that I'm subjected to this twice a day. A strip search involves me being made to take off all my clothes, after which each garment is carefully examined." He describes in detail how such searches are conducted. "This is something I dread every day."

Feeling watched
    "The two cameras and the peephole in the door leads to a constant feeling of tension and of being watched (...) On occasion I am subjected to one of the daily 30-40 door hatch checks at the precise moment that I'm using the toilet, something which leads to a particularly great psychological strain. At times this can be experienced as a mental shock, especially if the hatch is slammed a the same time."

Controls
    "There is a hatch check every 30-60 minutes – 24 hours a day. AT night I occasionally wake up from having a flashlight shone into my face. It has also happened that they have woken me up if I've been sleeping without moving. It is known that they are not doing this for sadistic reasons, but to make sure that the prisoner hasn't committed suicide."

Cell searches
    Require him to rearrange his documents as they are occasionally brought into disarray. Breivik is also upset that he has to make his bed again after these searches.

Being moved
    In the letter Breivik expresses great frustration that he is apparently made to wait overlong to be moved to his training-cell, the study cell, or the outdoors area. He says that since 15 October he has stopped using the study cell. "The reason is that I feel the price I have to pay to use this offer is too high, as a daily struggle has to be fought to gain access to the cell for a full workday."

Denied art and a view
    "The solitary cell in which I live is, as I said, stripped of furniture and with white walls that may not be decorated. One is therefore denied the inspiration and mental energy that art and a view can give you."

Breivik asks to be exempt from receiving prison wide messages on the intercom, as "this is viewed as very irritating and at times an interruption."

Money
    "The requirement for my daily 'work money' allowance being raised from $7.2 / £4.5 a day to $10.25 / £6.5 a day from 1 October onwards was that in addition to studying, I would also wash the three cells that I use. In Skien prison I was given a mop with handle. In Ila on the other hand the only thing I'm given is a cloth, despite for my verbal complaints about this. I am in other words forced to scrub all three cells on my knees, something I view as degrading.

My heart bleeds for him.

• Options
    The Prison

The Cell

Correspondence

Lack of daylight

The pen is bad

Moisturizer problem

Gets too little butter

Bad TV

Clothing

Handcuffs

Strip searches

Feeling watched

Controls

Cell searches

Being moved

Denied art and a view

Money

I have been loving every word of every article written about this.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    The Prison

The Cell

Correspondence

Lack of daylight

The pen is bad

Moisturizer problem

Gets too little butter

Bad TV

Clothing

Handcuffs

Strip searches

Feeling watched

Controls

Cell searches

Being moved

Denied art and a view

Money
    Poor baby

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    On one hand, I feel kinda bad providing the narcissist with attention.

On the other, his butter plight must be shared with the world.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Is that normal for a Norway prison or has the country succumbed to terror despite the PM's inspirational insistence otherwise?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Guys what do I want for lunch today?

• Options
    On one hand, I feel kinda bad providing the narcissist with attention.

On the other, his butter plight must be shared with the world.

The attention here is just hurting his image.

Not that he didn't come across as pathetic before but this

this takes the fucking cake.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Is that normal for a Norway prison or has the country succumbed to terror despite the PM's inspirational insistence otherwise?

Pretty normal, yeah.

You didn't actually believe our prisons were like holidays, right?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    The Prison

The Cell

Correspondence

Lack of daylight

The pen is bad

Moisturizer problem

Gets too little butter

Bad TV

Clothing

Handcuffs

Strip searches

Feeling watched

Controls

Cell searches

Being moved

Denied art and a view

Money

oh noooooooooooooooo

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    He does realize his solitary confinement is for his own protection, right?

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.