Options

Texas petitions to be its own country (again)

124»

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Godfather wrote: »
    Who's that girl in the photo? Am I supposed to recognize her or something?

USA gymnast Mckayla Maroney, who started a meme when she made that "not impressed" face after she got silver when she was expected to win gold.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1292285-top-10-mckayla-maroney-is-not-impressed-meme-images-from-across-the-web

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Kind of related, but hilarious and sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy6fYNiozJ4

I wish political correctness could end right here, and Anderson Cooper would follow that segment with "what a bunch of idiots." Sometimes, people just need to be ridiculed.

"He lied about where he's from."
    "Why do you think he lied about that?"
    "Because he's a liar."

Someone's grandmother is a moron.

Jibba on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    A whopping 147 people voted in that county. For the whole election. Total.

In contrast, during early voting the lowest day of turnout in my county had 5500 votes, with combined totals well over 100,000.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Speaking as a Texan:

Long ago, the Republic of Texas voluntarily chose to become part of the United States. And in doing so, we became one of them. We understood that we wouldn't merely be members of a loose alliance of nation-states. We understood that we would be part of a single unified nation. That was clear at the very beginning in 1845, when the United States spent money and lives defending us against Mexico. And it was solidified with the Civil War, where we broke our bond by entering into the southern confederacy and waged rebellion against our own nation -- which is to say ourselves.

Since that time, we have remained as part of the United States, and as part of this nation, we've committed our lives and our economy towards the interests of our nation, and so has our nation for us. We don't owe a debt to this nation, and this nation doesn't owe a debt to us -- we are the nation, as surely as any other state is.

This isn't like Ireland or Scotland. We have no history of being ruled from afar by the King of the United States. We have a history of being an active and represented member of the United States. We've sent more than one man to be President. We've sent men and women to fight and die in foreign lands as part of this nation. We've paid the same debt that any other state has. We've abided by the rulings of the supreme court, and obeyed the edicts of congress. And we've also sent men and women to be part of the supreme court, and we have always been a part of congress.

To suggest that Texas has a right to secede from the union is like saying my hand has a right secede from my body. It doesn't make any sense. Not legal sense, not moral sense, not historical sense.

Melkster on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Speaker wrote: »
    A topless car wash is actually kind of a brilliant idea.

And apparently not a terribly uncommon one, given some of the movies I've seen.

Err I mean uhm HEY GUYS WHAT'S UP THE SOUTH SURE IS DUMB HUH

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

In contrast, during early voting the lowest day of turnout in my county had 5500 votes, with combined totals well over 100,000.

The entire county's population was 286 in 2010, the lowest it has been since sometime between 1890 and 1900 . *boggle*

Seriously, check out the historical population chart on Wikipedia.

I almost feel sad for them.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

The entire county's population was 286 in 2010, the lowest it has been since sometime between 1890 and 1900 . *boggle*

Seriously, check out the historical population chart on Wikipedia.

I almost feel sad for them.

Jesus. The per capita income for King County is $12,000. The US average is $42,000, and the Texas average is $40,000.

Talk about people voting against their self interest. I have a hard time believing the people of King County are legitimately effected by runaway entitlement programs except in exactly the opposite of what they think.

• Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=bkmk

Per capita income (dollars) 39,511 +/-10,766

1/3 of the households make $100k+.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    A7544poCUAARaUN.jpg

This should be the prepared response to every single one of these petitions.

who is the girl?
    Edit : nevermind, I should read before asking

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "Obama's approval ratings among female Olympic medalists plummets!"
    /foxnews

steam_sig.png