As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Grave Prosperity

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited October 2012 in Indie Games

GPBanner_1.png
19620.png
Name: Grave Prosperity Volume 1 Part 1
Developer: LDC Studios
Publisher: Bon Ink Creations

Genre: Survival Horror
Players: 1-Player
Combat Style: Live Action
View Style: 3rd Person 'Faux 3D' - 3D Polygonal Sprites Displayed Over a Pre-Rendered Backdrop With Pre-Set Camera Angles.
Control Style: 4-Directional 2D Movement
Estimated Play Time:
~2+ hours per part
Number of Parts: 3 Parts for Story One

Price: Free
Platform: PC
Engine: RMXP
Estimated File Size: 334mb
Part 1 Date: Oct 26 2012
Minimum Requirements:
Pentium 4 or Equivalent
2.8 GHZ Processor (Single Core)
1 Gigabyte of Ram
128 Bit Video Card

Story Synopsis
After being set up and left for dead, you awaken bleeding in a ditch beneath the wreckage of your car. With no recollection of the preceding events you stare deeply into the wilderness stretching before you. The only thing between you and civilization is an ancient structure resting in the heart of the woods. Navigate your way through this abysmal place and into the black city of Prosperity, a city where god has no name and the light has been long forgotten...
Characters

ambermug.png
Name: Amber Ridge - Aurora Guinivere Price
Role: Lead
Voice Type: Average American accent (Soft)
Traits: (Attractive)(Strong)(Hot Tempered)
Personality: Kind at heart and soft spoken but not afraid to do a 180 and attack someone if they are out of line. Her blind willingness to place her trust in others often gets her into trouble.

MikiMug.png
Name: Miki Ridge (Amber's Sister) - Mary Morgan
Role: Support
Voice Type: Average American accent (Stern)
Traits: (Out Spoken)(Anxious)(Caring)
Personality: The more responsible of the two sisters, Miki is less prone to confrontation than Amber even if the other party is in the wrong. She tries to get along with everybody rather than force her beliefs on others.

Screenshots
Screenshot_10_zps65bbb76a.png
Screenshot_9_zps9dc78531.png

Release Trailer
http://youtu.be/HvKwFNsOvek

Credits
http://graveprosperity.weebly.com/credits.html

47749.png

Tube on

• Options
    LDC StudiosLDC Studios Registered User new member
    edited November 2012
    Check out our new teaser trailer for Part 2 of Volume 1! Set to release January 2013!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVh64UiHuI&feature=plcp

LDC Studios on
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Given the type of game this is, and given that it's being provided for the low, low price of free, I am downloading the crap out of this game right now. I'll try to give feedback once I get the opportunity to try it out (probably won't be for a couple days, sadly). For now, I would like to point out to you guys that the main link to download the game from your site is already outdated because it links to Version 1.0 when the current version is 1.1. Oops! I think you can fix it by just changing the '0' to a '1' in the existing URL. Luckily I was still able to get the game from that link because IndieDB directed me to the download page for the game (and there are alternative links), but you should probably fix that anyway. Also, the Credits URL at the bottom of your post here is broken somehow. So somebody should fix that.

Anyway, this looks like good times, and I'll be back to tell you whether it is in fact good times.

Edit: Ooooh, I just noticed this has native gamepad support, too. Even better. Also, it appears to load up and go into fullscreen like it should when I press buttan to do it (but I'm not going to actually play tonight). Good to know. I think maybe you guys might want to have an in-game fullscreen option or maybe just "Press Alt-Enter to go into fullscreen mode" text on the main menu? Rather than making people check the manual's text document? Because the default window isn't that big on my relatively normal-sized laptop screen (1600x900 resolution) and I was worried for a minute that I wouldn't be able to put it into fullscreen at all since there was no in-game indication that I could. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Essee on
  • Options
    Essee wrote: »
    ...I am downloading the crap out of this game right now. I'll try to give feedback once I get the opportunity to try it out (probably won't be for a couple days, sadly).
    Anyway, this looks like good times, and I'll be back to tell you whether it is in fact good times.
    Excellent, thank you very much, we appreciate all the feedback we can get.
    ...the main link to download the game from your site is already outdated because ... Luckily I was still able to get the game ...
    Also, the Credits URL at the bottom of your post here is broken somehow...
    Thanks again! The link issue is now resolved, and shouldn't arise again.
    The credits link is our fault, an error in the code sent to Tube on our end.
    A replacement has been sent along with our apologies.
    I think maybe you guys might want to have an in-game fullscreen option or maybe just "Press Alt-Enter to go into fullscreen mode" text on the main menu?
    Suggestion noted, agreed with, and added to version 1-2 upon it's release.

Thank you again Essee for your interest and constructive criticism, players like you are hard to find.
    We look forward to your honest and unbiased opinions, as well as working towards making Part 2 that much better based on the feedback from players like you!

/LDC Studios

• Options
    ~BUMP~
    Added a teaser trailer to the update post (first reply). Also visible right below!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVh64UiHuI&feature=plcp

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Okay, sorry for the delay, but I kept my promise to come back! Here are my thoughts as I play through the game. I'll keep posting as I make more progress. Will try to avoid spoilers.

1. Okay, I like being able to configure your controls, but I highly recommend that you say what each button does in the config dialog instead of listing them as A/B/C/X/Y/Z/L/R. If that's possible/relatively easy to do. 'Cause otherwise people have to refer to the manual to set up controls, and that's no fun. The biggest reason for me needing to tweak controls is the fact that I'm not using a 360 controller, which is what I presume your default setup is. (By the way, glad you didn't try to lock people into a 360 controller. I know you're using an engine that doesn't make that idea appealing, but still, other devs are dumb so I've had difficulty sometimes.)

2. I can't believe I never thought of somebody using the RPG Maker engine for something like this. Wow. Nicely done. Also, this totally has the 90's cinematic game feel I was hoping for. It might be kind of a niche audience but you've got at least one fan of the style right here, haha.

3. If you move in the direction of somewhere you can't actually go, your character basically has a seizure. You can leave it as is if you want, especially since it looks kind of hilarious. :P

4. I'm going to go like, as much agility as possible for this playthrough, and then I'll mess around with other builds next time. Because I want to give the best feedback I can.

5. Here's a funny one: on the screen with the sparkly locker, before you take the item, you can actually walk through the open/empty lockers next to it and wander around on part of the background. Oopsie. Seems like this is no longer possible after you take that sparkly object though.

Alrighty, taking a bit of a break at the moment. Speaking of, you guys should probably see about implementing a 'quit' command somewhere. You could maybe do this via a "back to title screen" option on save points, although the ability to quit anywhere is probably better. The only way I was able to quit out was by going out of fullscreen mode and hitting the Close button on the window.

Definitely enjoying this thus far though! The atmosphere is great with your graphical and sound choices, and the voice acting is actually pretty good. (Minus maybe that guy with the redhead near the beginning, but it works since the character is a jerk anyway.) Looking forward to seeing more of the game! Also, I'm going to seperate some typos/spelling errors off into my next post so I can edit it seperately.

Essee on
  • Options
    Typos and spelling errors because I am a spelling/grammar Nazi and want to help (here thar may be spoilers):
    Every instance of 'begining' should be 'beginning'. Should be a simple find-and-replace for you though. This mostly shows up in several lines at the beginning (heh) of the game.
    In the dialogue on the phone: 'eachother' = 'each other' (not that most people would notice this, since it's a common mistake)
    Two dudes outside the club: 'alot' = 'a lot'. 'Common' = 'come on' (this is another mistake I see a lot, but don't really understand)
    Menu, under Using Weapons tutorial: 'equiped' = 'equipped', shows up 3 times
    In bathroom with the magic symbol: 'hyroglyphics' = 'hieroglyphics', 'starring' = 'staring'
    Dialogue talking about gaining EXP: 'recieve' = 'receive'

I will edit this post as I find more (if I do find more, that is).