Options

[M$PA] > Ke$ha: Get inside your f**king gold Trans Am (update on page 41).

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't think cutting yourself off from certain kinds of pop culture should really be a point of pride but whatever I mean I've taken pride in way dumber things than that

• Options
    like one time I tried to toss an eraser into a garbage can but I missed and then it bounced off the floor and into the can anyways and I walked around with my chest puffed out the rest of the day

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    personally, ain't really about taking pride in ignorance or anything. just heard one of her songs once, realized it was not my sort of music, and decided not to invest any more time learning about her.

now if someone makes dream theaterstuck, then i'll be all over that op

• Options
    are they the ones that had that song in rock band 2 that was terrible and I couldn't beat it on drums until I gave someone the kick pedal because it was the second to last song on the endless playlist and god damn it we weren't stopping there

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    TDOT just reserves his memory for useful things like his favorite types of thongs.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    last song?

on the endless playlist?

• Options
    i don't know, i have actually never played any form of rock band

though i just googled it and apparently 'panic attack' is in rock band 2. panic attack is all right, but not even close to their best work.

but looking at your last.fm i'm thinking any of their stuff probably wouldn't be your style.

• Options
    i've been listening to this one a lot lately though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk_o87vRt-0

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    i knew a guy in high school who was really into dream theater because "two to three minutes isn't long enough for a song to go anywhere" and "their songs dare to be more interesting than the the same boring verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus structure that every other band sticks to exclusively"

so

I haven't heard many dream theater songs

and I never will

because fuck that guy

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    last song?

on the endless playlist?

endless playlist is a special mode where you play every song in the game in a single sitting

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    The top 15 (and 20 overall) songs in my iTunes "Top 25 Most Played" playlist are all songs from Homestuck. I listen to other music, I swear!
    1. Doctor
    2. Black
    3. Sburban Jungle
    4. Showtime (Imp Strife Mix)
    5. Showtime (Original Mix)
    6. Aggrievance
    7. Carefree Victory
    8. Explore
    9. Guardian V2
    10. Skian Skirmish
    11. Aggrieve
    12. Showtime (Piano Refrain)
    13. Aggrieve (Violin Refrain)
    14. Sburban Jungle (Brief Mix)
    15. Atomyk Ebonpyre
    16. Wind Scene
    17. Terra
    18. Everlong
    19. Light Up The Night
    20. Mutiny
    21. Sburban Countdown
    22. Guardian
    23. Savior of the Waking World
    24. Ballad of Awakening
    25. Denadoro Climb

• Options
    i knew a guy in high school who was really into dream theater because "two to three minutes isn't long enough for a song to go anywhere" and "their songs dare to be more interesting than the the same boring verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus structure that every other band sticks to exclusively"

so

and I never will

because fuck that guy

man that's a real shitty reason not to get into something

people like that is sort of why i avoided homestuck for so long until i said fuck it and now look at me.

• Options
    mine is almost exclusively They Might Be Giants

except the number one slot

which is Black

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    last song?

on the endless playlist?

endless playlist is a special mode where you play every song in the game in a single sitting

My brother and I actually did it for RB2.

It took awhile.

Never have gotten around to it for RB3 though.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    Adus wrote: »

so

and I never will

because fuck that guy

man that's a real shitty reason not to get into something

people like that is sort of why i avoided homestuck for so long until i said fuck it and now look at me.

well i also don't really like the few songs i've heard

so

i'm willing to give myself over to spite in this instance

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I don't think cutting yourself off from certain kinds of pop culture should really be a point of pride but whatever I mean I've taken pride in way dumber things than that
    eh, not really a pride thing

I spend all my time on the internet, so I don't really watch television or listen to the radio anymore (again, not a pride thing) so I've been more or less out of the new music loop for several years now

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    why didn't they call it "the very long playlist which nevertheless has an end"

• Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    they wouldn't be able to fit that there!!

2380746222_029f04cb00.jpg

god damnit crimson!!!

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    i knew a guy in high school who was really into dream theater because "two to three minutes isn't long enough for a song to go anywhere"
    Yeah, this is retarded
    "their songs dare to be more interesting than the the same boring verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus structure that every other band sticks to exclusively"

This, on the other hand? I see no problem with someone getting bored with the standard pop song structure.

Mayday on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    i knew a guy in high school who was really into dream theater because "two to three minutes isn't long enough for a song to go anywhere"
    Yeah, this is rubbish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REojIUxX4rw

broken image link
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I was really into Dream Theater in middle school but their music just kinda got stale. I like their third album, Awake, a lot, though. Awake has the most well-written and least meandering songs of their whole discography.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I really like Dream Theater but they don't seem to realise how cheesy they can get.

broken image link
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Dream Theater can write a very good four to seven minute song
    And then they have a tendency to fuck it up with an additional ten minutes of solos and random jams and such

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Fanastic OP
    9/10

MSPA still down? Ho hum...

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Quick, call da po-lice

• Options
    Oh I see!

Well this explains the vaguely threatening messages on my screen

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    QT get over here, I will hide you.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, this is retarded
    "their songs dare to be more interesting than the the same boring verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus structure that every other band sticks to exclusively"

This, on the other hand? I see no problem with someone getting bored with the standard pop song structure.

what you're not realizing is that he had taken the stance that there are two types of music: shitty music, and prog rock

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I like songs that are under 3 minutes because otherwise I probably won't listen until the end of the song.

• Options
    UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    I'd accuse you of a short attention span, but this is a Homestuck thread, so I really can't.

• Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    I like I am kloot. AND NO-ONE ELSE.

Also, I still haven't seen the last updates. A disappointing state of affairs!

uGn5f.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    so did MSPA explode or what

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I don't have a short attention span, but after 3 minutes I want to hear something new.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    homestuck's done

did you catch the ending

man it made a lot people mad

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    so did MSPA explode or what

the hosting company went down for "an hour of scheduled maintenance"

and now it's some 30+ hours later

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    well they didn't say which hour

maybe that hour is 5-6PM today

maybe it's 2:30-3:30 tomorrow

how could they be sure?

it is best to be safe

• Options
    Azkorai wrote: »
    QT get over here, I will hide you.

I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Woo Woo
    Pull over that ass is too fat
    Woo Woo
    Pull over that ass is too fat

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    Dammit QT, I want to awesome your posts, but I'm doing my best to hide you.

• Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    The hosting company is holding mspaintadventures.com hostage until such time that Hussie agrees to introduce their fantrolls as main characters

This discussion has been closed.