Options

[Call of Duty] Free K-9 Unit w/purchase of a Care Package!* (YMMV)

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I rerolled care packages and got multiple Sentries/Guardians/Hellstorm/Lightning Strikes, a VTOL, an AGR, at least two VSATs, and a K9 unit.
    Then karma smacked me around for a bit and back-to-back rerolled a UAV to an RC car and an RC car to a UAV. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    After seeing all that, I might have to swap out Tactical Mask for Engineer now.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So I managed to get some challenges done with my CP Guardian.

By holding on to it till the 2nd round of a dom game then placing it.
    Got a few assists and a kill (getting me the challenge/emblem/xp).

Also, managed to put my sentry gun into the building next to the fountain on Raid so it peeked out. Soooooo many kills.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    Pretty sure all my classes roll Engie, just so I'm not tripping over something. The CP reroll is a bonus.

Also, nothing sweeter then some dude setting up a camp with Shocks, Betties/clays, Guardain AND Sentry.... But one little EMP grenade and it all goes away.

Though some people are getting smart and putting a trophy system next to their emplacements.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    41-7 with the SCAR on groundwar dom with pubbies.

Bitches be furious with my aimbot yo.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Pretty sure all my classes roll Engie, just so I'm not tripping over something. The CP reroll is a bonus.

Also, nothing sweeter then some dude setting up a camp with Shocks, Betties/clays, Guardain AND Sentry.... But one little EMP grenade and it all goes away.

Though some people are getting smart and putting a trophy system next to their emplacements.

I love throwing an EMP that gets about 300 points for blowing up people's shit. My favorite is when people have the guardian sentry gun combo and I get the 250 points for killing their kill streaks.

• Options
    rorrrorr Registered User regular
    if only games lasted longer, I constantly get multiple vtols a game but can't use them all

• Options
    What's the concenses on the M27?
    It's gonna be awhile before I get the SCAR or M8... And hell, I might not even like them.

(for the record, I preferred the ACR in MW3, if that helps)

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    iRevert wrote: »

Kinda funny, I'm passed the point where I'm accused of anything; now people admire my prowess

• Options
    rorr wrote: »

Kinda funny, I'm passed the point where I'm accused of anything; now people admire my prowess

Sounds like horse shit to me. I have never had a dominating game where curses and intimations of cheating weren't thrown my way.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Magell wrote: »

Sounds like horse shit to me. I have never had a dominating game where curses and intimations of cheating weren't thrown my way.

I know, it's pretty odd. Anyways, the M27 is good and I use it frequently

rorr on
  • Options
    What's the concenses on the M27?

Best gun in the game.

• Options
    Next question...
    More retorical if anything...
    Do I need fmj if I'm playing anything but Hardcore?
    Cause it certainly feels that way...

Also <insert Walter pic> "Am I the only one around here that gives a fuck about tags on Kill Confirmed?"

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

That's the beauty of the EMP grenade, you don't have to throw it directly at your target. Drop in underneath, on the floor below or outside a wall and it will still do its job.

Trophy system needs line of sight, but the EMP does not.

Man of the Waves on
  • Options

That's the beauty of the EMP grenade, you don't have to throw it directly at your target. Drop in underneath, on the floor below or outside a wall and it will still do its job.

Trophy system needs line of sight, but the EMP does not.

Only time I've run into the trophy/sentry combo actually is on Bordertown and someone put them in the ally next to the hay stack spawn, so I couldn't throw it nearby. (Dude covered the ally, gun covered the street, his teammates swarmed the house.)

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Why would you "need" fmj?

• Options
    I use FMJ when I don't need a sight and have the extra slot laying around, but it doesn't really seem to help penetration at all. The gun is going to go through the cover or not, and in my experience FMJ doesn't do shit.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    EMPs kill trophy systems pretty regularly.

• Options
    Must be a placebo effect on my part... I swear fmj does more damage in core.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    Lind wrote: »
    One cammo lyft to unlock for gold on the crossbow. Get a bloodthirsty usling only the crossbow... Man this is going to suck.

Scav, dual band crossbow.

Camp the shit out of the helipad or back ridge on drone dom, shock charges and bettys on all the ways up to you.

Hmm but Scav doesnt refill my bolts if the targets die from an explosion and wouldnt getting a kill with a betty mess with my streak?

Also regarding FMJ, it is awesome shit when shooting down killstreaks with a LMG.

• Options
    I also forgot that a new phrase was coined today: an "image".

Example: "Damn, I just laid down an image." or "That hellstorm just got me a sweet image!"

An image is when you get three kills in a row, via any means, also referred to as a "3-piece" on tryhard youtube videos. Our version is in honor of Image84 asking for positive reassurance today. We obliged by complimenting every damn thing he did and dropping Image bombs on all multikills.

PA community = the best, and often times most abusive, community.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    why you need FMJ is getting a million free kills shooting at the electronics store (blue building) in that one map.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    fyastarterfyastarter Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    why you need FMJ is getting a million free kills shooting at the electronics store (blue building) in that one map.

On raid the wall on the rock garden coming up from the garage, while standing in the kitchen.

So good.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    So one of you more pro people here need to shoot some CoD wisdom my way to make me a better player. I think I'm "CoD smart" in that I try not to run around like an idiot and always keep an eye on my radar, but I'm not the best at control. Like, in an open gun fight, I almost always lose to the dropshotting player. I currently use sensitivity 7, but not tacticool set-up.

I guess what I'm looking for is the little things I could change to get better scoring results. It may be little things that you do and not even realize.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    fyastarter wrote: »
    On FMJ in blops 2...

[a bunch of stuff everyone already knew]

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So one of you more pro people here need to shoot some CoD wisdom my way to make me a better player. I think I'm "CoD smart" in that I try not to run around like an idiot and always keep an eye on my radar, but I'm not the best at control. Like, in an open gun fight, I almost always lose to the dropshotting player. I currently use sensitivity 7, but not tacticool set-up.

I guess what I'm looking for is the little things I could change to get better scoring results. It may be little things that you do and not even realize.

*cough*KBAM + XIM*cough*

but seriously, I don't think I could recommend XIM because of how cobbled-together and buggy it feels. I still use it, but mine doesn't work with the greatest brand of USB keyboards you can currently purchase, it doesn't work with most mice I own, and it'll often get stuck holding a button long after I've let go of said button.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Have you kept your firmware up to date, acid? That might solve your issues, as well as making sure your devices are plugged into the right ports. (Left: Controller; Middle: Mouse; Right: Keyboard/Joystick)

What brand of keyboard and mice do you own? I'm looking at its hardware compatibility list and it seems to support every major brand and then some. Updating might help in that regard, too. It doesn't work well with rechargeable devices, though.

I have no experience with the XIM Edge, but I assumed it was a XIM3 without the screen, which has always seemed fairly sturdy and well built. I suppose its LCD screen was too costly to keep manufacturing. I also just found out you can configure sensitivity settings and key bindings on yours live, too, with the lights it displays on the unit itself. I thought, and therefore kept saying, it couldn't do that. Hopefully I didn't convince you that wasn't possible.

Oh, and acid is a dirty KBAM cheater! Cheater! White trash ho!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9QM1LQR2g

Dashui on
  • Options
    Haha, treyarch unfixed the Headquarters glitch.

Wonder if it was in blops 1 as well, don't think I played much HQ in that game.

Lying down prone where the headquarters box will spawn once again lets you hide inside the headquarters box, instead of killing you, like in IW games.

Whoops.

• Options

Fucking raged when I saw "Calibur"

• Options
    We need to go play some Headquarters right now.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    We need to go play some Headquarters right now.

Four minutes and I'm down.

iRevert on
  • Options
    Magell wrote: »

Pretty much this, I also find that the connections are far to inconsistent for me to be running high stuff all the time. I find a decent host four out of ten games and on those four I'll put in long streaks all day err day but on those shitty ones I struggle to break even.

Running the low stuff is more entertaining as I can UAV spam and CUAV spam any match and just really be a PITA to anyone who runs VSATs or doesn't run ghost.

• Options
    The highest I'll go is a stealth chopper and dragonfire if I'm playing Kill Confirmed. Otherwise it's almost always UAV, care package or hellfire and lightning strikes. Running high streaks is just infuriating in this game.

• Options
    edited January 2013

Did I miss something in that video? I thought you'd do the testing to infer that the coding's congruent with previous games, but he's all like, the codes the same so I'm not doing the testing.
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Just be cognizant of what you're doing--you may think you're focused on your shot, but I doubt you are. For instance, in Halo when I started out I counted every shot, which I think imparted me with some greater focus on my target and my actions.

I think it works well, even with all my wallbanging and prefire I never see people with higher accuracy than me

rorr on
  • Options
    Have you kept your firmware up to date, acid? That might solve your issues, as well as making sure your devices are plugged into the right ports. (Left: Controller; Middle: Mouse; Right: Keyboard/Joystick)

What brand of keyboard and mice do you own? I'm looking at its hardware compatibility list and it seems to support every major brand and then some. Updating might help in that regard, too. It doesn't work well with rechargeable devices, though.

I have no experience with the XIM Edge, but I assumed it was a XIM3 without the screen, which has always seemed fairly sturdy and well built. I suppose its LCD screen was too costly to keep manufacturing. I also just found out you can configure sensitivity settings and key bindings on yours live, too, with the lights it displays on the unit itself. I thought, and therefore kept saying, it couldn't do that. Hopefully I didn't convince you that wasn't possible.

Oh, and acid is a dirty KBAM cheater! Cheater! White trash ho!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9QM1LQR2g

yeah, I tried resetting to factory default and then upgrading to latest again. I've tried two different Filjo Majestouch 2 keyboards to no avail, one with cherry blacks and the other with cherry blues, which they say are completely compatible but no matter what port I plug them into or whether I put them through a powered hub before plugging it into the xim edge I'll get the yellow flash that indicates unrecognizable device plugged into the port. The support forums had some people telling me stuff to try but none of it worked.

I haven't figured out how to do the live editing, I've gotten my PC connection routine down to the point where I can get it all done in between matches, so that's good. It made for some fun rounds trying to get my Halo 4 controls worked out. (also, Halo4 is easymode when you can always score headshots with every weapon perfectly)

• Options
    edited January 2013
    You could always get a cheap Microsoft or Logitech keyboard to use with the device, and leave your Filjo for the PC. That might solve your stuck action issues. I really like Logitech's wireless keyboards. The one I have has soft, grooved keys that feel great and its battery life is incredibly long.

Dashui on
  • Options

I think it works well, even with all my wallbanging and prefire I never see people with higher accuracy than me

Where are you seeing your accuracy at? You know, that stat that isn't actually recorded in this game.

• Options
    The highest I'll go is a stealth chopper and dragonfire if I'm playing Kill Confirmed. Otherwise it's almost always UAV, care package or hellfire and lightning strikes. Running high streaks is just infuriating in this game.

AGR. All day. Made a team of 4, that was actually trying to rush B and throwing trophies and smoke, rage quit 45second into a dom match today with it.

Got 9 kills from one killstreak. Way better than the chopper.

Also, Hardline is amazing.

• Options
    hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait, people are using KBAM for COD on 360? Last time I checked into this (like a year or two ago admittedly) I was reading that it was jittery and basically not worth it.

Now I'm reading this XIM website and it looks pretty rad. Is it as good as it seems? I would be unstoppable with KBAM...