As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Renters (squatters) rights: tenants (landlord) are jerks

1789101113»

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Quid wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    It's not that you were surprised at the way it was, but rather your suggestion as to the way it should be.
    Feral wrote: »
    I have a tendency to use toilet paper or paper towels to buffer my hands when I touch surfaces in public bathrooms.

I just realised that I may be a working class scumbag.

No, it's not you, it's me. Someday I'll be an old man wandering around with kleenex boxes on my feet muttering "the way of the future" to myself.

I'm not trying to have a go at you, please don't think I am.

I just found out that what I thought was normal is a hell of a long way from what others think of as normal.

You should see the people who find out basements aren't the norm in large swaths of the world.

I would hate to live in a house without a finished basement. It's the secondary living space that I get to make awesome.

Also, re: bathrooms, given a smaller total footprint in the UK, as well as running 220 instead of good old 110v means you're not dealing with the same considerations.

Also, I like having the toilet separate from the shower, stemming from a time when the male to female ratio was heavily against me, but that's because in the apartment I lived with that setup, there was a sink on top of the toilet tank that ran as the tank was filling.
    julypics008.jpg
    Don't ask why I keep pictures of old apartment toilets on hand. :P

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    It's not that you were surprised at the way it was, but rather your suggestion as to the way it should be.
    I have a tendency to use toilet paper or paper towels to buffer my hands when I touch surfaces in public bathrooms.

No, it's not you, it's me. Someday I'll be an old man wandering around with kleenex boxes on my feet muttering "the way of the future" to myself.

I just found out that what I thought was normal is a hell of a long way from what others think of as normal.

You should see the people who find out basements aren't the norm in large swaths of the world.

I would hate to live in a house without a finished basement. It's the secondary living space that I get to make awesome.

Also, re: bathrooms, given a smaller total footprint in the UK, as well as running 220 instead of good old 110v means you're not dealing with the same considerations.

Also, I like having the toilet separate from the shower, stemming from a time when the male to female ratio was heavily against me, but that's because in the apartment I lived with that setup, there was a sink on top of the toilet tank that ran as the tank was filling.
    julypics008.jpg

Link to the livestream of that camera? ;)

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

julypics008.jpg

Wait, so the sink ran into the tank to fill it up? That is the greatest idea ever.

Water conservation!

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is standard in every house, but for the last few places I've lived, we've had the fancy safety outlet in the bathroom, but they were also always controlled by the light switch.

This leads to the slightly baffling design where I have to keep my cordless trimmer in the kitchen on top of the microwave. Because it would otherwise never charge in the bathroom. It's also in the kitchen and not the bedroom because that's sadly the most convenient outlet to put it in.

I probably should do some redecorating in the bedroom and free up an outlet, but meh. Too lazy and I'm already used to it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »

julypics008.jpg

Wait, so the sink ran into the tank to fill it up? That is the greatest idea ever.

Water conservation!

That is a standard Japanese toilet. Top-sink, heated seat, bidet, automatic flush, automatic seat etc.

Wonderful things.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Fucking roboteers.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    poshniallo wrote: »
    rockrnger wrote: »

julypics008.jpg

Water conservation!

That is a standard Japanese toilet. Top-sink, heated seat, bidet, automatic flush, automatic seat etc.

Wonderful things.
    "Help me throw away this over engineered Japanese toilet"
    "No! I give happy poopy times"
    "Sorry, you know too much"

rockrnger on