Options

Snow [chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I wish I knew about an RPG that was like the adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress, except like, good. you know, build your character, explore, survive (eat, sleep, drink). shit like that.

Like full blown graphical or are rogue likes okay?

Elona has food and sleep and buying property and pokéballs and such.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Man, the Pokemon Emerald opening is a bit uncomfortable. "Oh, don't worry about anything. The pokemon do straight up slave labor for us!"
    I'm waiting for Pokemon: Mandingo Edition.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I wish I knew about an RPG that was like the adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress, except like, good. you know, build your character, explore, survive (eat, sleep, drink). shit like that.

pick up a sword and do it in real life, pussy
    that'd be too easy

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Same. I will buy my ticket in March.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Is anyone other than @RiemannLives playing Mechwarrior Online?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    yeah i may hold off for now then

at least until next week when i've met up with the group i'm going down with to discuss logistics

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

Many of the Ultima games require eating. Not sure about sleep or drink.

Baldur's Gate has penalties if you don't sleep often enough. Not sure of the specifics or about the other two.

Nethack, of course, requires eating; but does not require sleeping or drinking.

Oh! The Lost In Blue series requires all of the above, but isn't a traditional RPG.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    at least until next week when i've met up with the group i'm going down with to discuss logistics

discussing logistics over fb chat right now

it is the biggest pain in the tits

writing all this shit down would be so much easier

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Tav wrote: »

our biggest problem right now is the group seems to have 10 people and only two cars, they have one more car now i've joined but fuck do i not want to drive to Donington if i don't absolutely have to

Casual on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thanatos wrote: »

I picked it up but it's kind of wonky on my computer.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I am clearly not cut out for TSW pvp. Ouch.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Unreal World?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options

our biggest problem right now is the group seems to have 10 people and only two cars, they have one more car now i've joined but fuck do i not want to drive to Donington if i don't absolutely have to

Haha, we don't have enough! Ferry cost increases by about €30 for slots we don't fill. Also only one guy can drive which is a pain in the arse. I'd much rather drive than get a coach from an airport though.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    who the fuck is not hiding dis robot

gettin real mad wiv havin to hit hide cromonol

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Getting to Bloodstock via public transport was an... ordeal.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I picked it up but it's kind of wonky on my computer.

I have access to it due to them goofing. They sent me an email saying I was invited to the beta (I don't even recall asking); and then a few hours later sent me another email saying that the first was a mistake, but to make up for it, I've been invited.

Only played a few minutes, didn't really know what I was doing.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Man, the Pokemon Emerald opening is a bit uncomfortable. "Oh, don't worry about anything. The pokemon do straight up slave labor for us!"
    I'm waiting for Pokemon: Mandingo Edition.

2x2rj7Y.png

• Options
    We got as far as this town that was basically a road. We went into the information centre and the woman said "Oh yes, we had loads of people wearing black come through here! Go outside and look for someone wearing green, they'll help you"

spoiler alert: there was no one wearing green

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Man, that TSA thread is making me worried about next time I fly. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but...

....yeah. I really am kind of freaking out about visiting my aunt in July!

*Looks up how far it is from California to Montana*

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    i do not like to eat and sleep in games

i want to do fun things not boring stuff

• Options

Haha, we don't have enough! Ferry cost increases by about €30 for slots we don't fill. Also only one guy can drive which is a pain in the arse. I'd much rather drive than get a coach from an airport though.

how long does it take you to get there? i haven't been since 09 but i remember it being an 8 hour drive give or take

• Options
    @Tyrannus

Legend of Grimrock requires eating and drinking; sleep is heavily encouraged, though not required. You and three party members are thrown into a dungeon and must escape. You can disable the automap system if you want to draw your own. It's first-person, set upon a tile grid - so if you walk forward, you walk an entire tile. Combat is real-time, and can be somewhat frustrating; but also quite rewarding.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i do not like to eat and sleep in games

i want to do fun things not boring stuff

I like it when they give you a bonus. But unless I'm playing a super realistic survival game, that stuff is pretty annoying.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I want a game where you have to apply for and get a mortgage

fill out all the paper work and stuff

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Jesus, even with the mod fix installed, driving in saints row 2 on a keyboard/mouse is like pounding nails into your dick. You tap right or left for a brief moment, less than a second, your vehicle does a 90 degree turn and you lose control.

I went ahead and activated all the cheat modes so I can just play through the story but even just getting from point A to point B is an exercise in poor game design.

the driving in Saint's Row 2 is my biggest beef with it by far. It's funny - GTAIV was so serious and grim, so SR2 is really irreverent and zany. Which is fine. But then apparently they decided that being GTA's opposite should extend into all arenas, not just story and presentation, so since GTAIV had cars that handled like cement mixers, they should have cars that handle like go-karts hooked up to helium balloons.

For me, at least, Sleeping Dogs was really the Goldilocks "just right" in between those two extremes, on all counts.

I gave myself infinite sprinting and just run most places now. I'm not interested in using a gamepad, which seems to be the only way to render the driving tolerable.

For additional luls, while the driving controls are so sensitive as to make driving nearly impossible, the tagging minigame is so sluggish that it's almost impossible unless you adjust mouse sensitivity. But you have to turn it up so high that everything else is unplayable. So every time you find a tag you have to adjust both mouse sensitivities, tag, pause game and readjust mouse sensitivity in order to deal with the gangsters/cops who showed up while you were tagging.

It's just very poor.

Which makes me sad, since there is most definitely a good story buried underneath a terrible control scheme.

• Options
    I can't find anyone else who wants to go so if you guys don't mind I would like to hang with you. The good news is I only live an hour and a half away.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    @Tyrannus

Legend of Grimrock requires eating and drinking; sleep is heavily encouraged, though not required. You and three party members are thrown into a dungeon and must escape. You can disable the automap system if you want to draw your own. It's first-person, set upon a tile grid - so if you walk forward, you walk an entire tile. Combat is real-time, and can be somewhat frustrating; but also quite rewarding.

it is hard!

i made it to lvl 4 and now i cannot kill bad guys D :

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Each entry in the Modern Warfare series has always done some event more shocking and controversial than the last as a way to get people to buy more copies. Publicity stunts fuel water cooler talk which then fuels interest. I predict future entries will be thusly:

Modern Warfare 1 - you character dies in agony from radiation poisoning
    Modern Warfare 2 - dozens of unarmed civilians are gunned down in an airport
    Modern Warfare 3 - a happy, skipping child dies horribly
    Modern Warfare 4 - Ten newborn babies are thrown into a wood chipper
    Modern Warfare 12 - a female soldier calmly walking toward the camera will be on the game's box art instead of a male soldier

• Options

I've played a game kind of similar to that.

It's really not that great. There's no save points and you can't fast forward or anything.

• Options
    SR2 controls are fine on 360.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Man, that TSA thread is making me worried about next time I fly. Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid, but...

http://www.amtrak.com/home

• Options

shave neckbeard +1 CHA, removes Uncommon Lore trait

• Options

how long does it take you to get there? i haven't been since 09 but i remember it being an 8 hour drive give or take

apparently about 6ish hours

3 hours on the ferry, 3 hours from Hollyhead to Donnington

• Options
    Ok is there a way for this wanted thing to get resolved one way or the other? I am phonepostin' so it is kind of distracting.

• Options
    I can't find anyone else who wants to go so if you guys don't mind I would like to hang with you. The good news is I only live an hour and a half away.

fine by me duder, more the merrier

• Options
    Ok is there a way for this wanted thing to get resolved one way or the other? I am phonepostin' so it is kind of distracting.

Just give it time.

• Options

yes after a while you will get away or go to jail

• Options

apparently about 6ish hours

3 hours on the ferry, 3 hours from Hollyhead to Donnington

that I could cope with, i just hate spending 7 hours driving on the motor way

it is insanely dull

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »

http://www.amtrak.com/home

Thanks, but my car is so fuel efficient that it's half the price as well as a shorter trip :P

• Options
    yeah, more the merrier is my attitude too

This discussion has been closed.