As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MotW 2/20/13 - #### you, Brian K Vaughn

jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid?NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
I hate that I care about what happens to the characters in Saga.

Captain America #4 was amazing as well.

tOkYVT2.jpg

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I think JKyle is referring to this from Saga #10, best character sad time:
    saga10a_zps1d22ccc0.jpg

saga10b_zps52ff7c19.jpg

Avengers #6, Captain Universe's origin, Superior Spider-Man can't be bothered with kids or illegal aliens, and your very own decoder for space builder gibberish:
    avengers6a_zpsf50420f3.jpg

avengers6b_zps93e92143.jpg

avengers6c_zpsd4dd4bb8.jpg

avengers6d_zpsf05a8cbd.jpg

avengers6e_zps5b7278cc.jpg

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    but jkyle, shouldnt you be mad at James Roberts?
    Qk01H1y.png
    :rotate:

Antimatter on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I can't find it now, but I know someone on these boards totally called the Blackveil reveal
    as Nightmask

And I just wanna say, nice call, to whoever it was heh

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I think JKyle is referring to this from Saga #10, best character sad time:
    saga10a_zps1d22ccc0.jpg

saga10b_zps52ff7c19.jpg

Avengers #6, Captain Universe's origin, Superior Spider-Man can't be bothered with kids or illegal aliens, and your very own decoder for space builder gibberish:
    avengers6a_zpsf50420f3.jpg

avengers6b_zps93e92143.jpg

avengers6c_zpsd4dd4bb8.jpg

avengers6d_zpsf05a8cbd.jpg

avengers6e_zps5b7278cc.jpg

Regarding Saga:
    Notice that the ship's silhouette looks like a heart being torn apart?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Indestructible Hulk #4, it brings even more sadness than Saga did. Second best NOW book behind Avengers:

indestructiblehulk4a_zps6c033b4d.jpg

indestructiblehulk4b_zps648c9d46.jpg

indestructiblehulk4c_zps1268ef52.jpg

ROB 3.0 might last the whole issue instead of 1 page and 5 pages, respectively.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Superior Spider-Man #4. I really liked this scene
    superior%204_1.jpg

superior%204_2.jpg

Also, final page reveal
    superior%204_3.jpg

Didn't care for the Massacre stuff, but the above pages are awesome
    Camuncoli's art is much better now

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Re: Saga
    I take heart in the fact that just last issue The Will was talking about how hard Lying Cat was to kill.

Or maybe he was talking about how he couldn't bring himself to kill her. But I'm hoping for the former.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Technically it'd be Rob 7.0 (hulk mentions breaking the previous five plus the current)

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Captain Marvel #10, in which an old enemy makes an unexpected appearance:
    kGy5jFK.jpg
    FLVCflZ.png
    wGroWhe.jpg
    a9NfFLi.jpg
    s8q4Pez.jpg

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    To balance out the epic sadness that is the new issue of Saga, a moment of happy/awesome from Batwoman #17:

(perhaps somewhat spoiler-tastic happy/awesome, being a final page of a story arc and all)
    Alternate title: DC Presents: Batwoman Vs. Orson Scott Card.

utWa3rH.jpg?1

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    To balance out the epic sadness that is the new issue of Saga, a moment of happy/awesome from Batwoman #17:

(perhaps somewhat spoiler-tastic happy/awesome, being a final page of a story arc and all)
    Alternate title: DC Presents: Batwoman Vs. Orson Scott Card.

utWa3rH.jpg?1

It was one hell of a way to end a 17 issue super long arc, after the Batwoman + Wonder Woman asskicking. :D

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Red Hood 17 was interesting for a DotF aftermath
    So everyone ends up showing back up at the mansion eventually after ditching him in Batman 17. Except Batgirl. Confirmation that Nightwing and Starfire DID have a relationship (Not sure if thats been brought up in RH yet, havent been reading it), and Joker DID put some acid or something in Red Hoods mask, which triggered after he put it on again.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    So everyone ends up showing back up at the mansion eventually after ditching him in Batman 17. Except Batgirl. Confirmation that Nightwing and Starfire DID have a relationship (Not sure if thats been brought up in RH yet, havent been reading it), and Joker DID put some acid or something in Red Hoods mask, which triggered after he put it on again.
    It was mentioned that Dick and Starfire used to be together. She eve has a couple of his own uniforms.

And Dick didn't ditch Bruce in Batman 17. He was calling to say he arrived at the manor gate and Bruce assumed otherwise after everyone else flaked.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Hellblazer #300. The last issue of my favorite comic. I'm really gonna miss it.

steam_sig-400.png
    Green Lantern New Guardians was really good this week, and art was great!

Linked for size
    New Guardians Double Page spread

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Kinda hate that last bit.
    The whole message of DotF was fucking with the Bat-Family without actually disfiguring or maiming them. Hence the whole fake-out with the faces.

Scarring/melting Jason's face goes against that and is also super dumb.

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Kinda hate that last bit.
    The whole message of DotF was fucking with the Bat-Family without actually disfiguring or maiming them. Hence the whole fake-out with the faces.

Scarring/melting Jason's face goes against that and is also super dumb.

I don't think
    There'll be physical scarring, it seemed more just reddish, from a close contact chemical spray, not a permanent thing. But I think he got mindwiped.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Linked for size
    New Guardians Double Page spread

My cousin got it, opened it up and closed it. He doesn't want to have to read the glc annual to see the battle between last issue and this one.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

That last page was heart-breaking. I honestly thought for a second they were going to let it happen, then wham, it's Volthoom Is A Total Bastard time.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    On the topic of Saga #10
    Guess it's time to call him Dying Cat

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    booooooooo

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Damn shouldn't have opened that saga spoiler.

Oh and I just checked to see when vol 2 comes out and amazon has volume 1 for $5.55, perfect forcing on your friends pricing.

That last page was heart-breaking. I honestly thought for a second they were going to let it happen, then wham, it's Volthoom Is A Total Bastard time.

Ya, they really sucker punch you at the end. You are busy worrying they are gonna de-power Kyle or something, then BAM , first lantern is just a huge troll.

Daredevil #23, Matt's villains are the butt of jokes, and some damn good drama, the book feels much more like it did the first 8-10 issues:
    daredevil23a_zpsf80b8976.jpg

daredevil23b_zps24aa0b90.jpg

daredevil23c_zps5ba50290.jpg

daredevil23d_zpsca9f2fb5.jpg

• SinogueSinogue Registered User regular
    On the topic of Saga #10
    Guess it's time to call him Dying Cat

Too soon!

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Oh, God. What happened in DD? I haven't read it since the Punisher/Spidey crossover (Don't laugh).

Foggy has cancer

edited February 2013
    D: :-( :evil:

Crimsondude on
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Green Lantern The first lantern attempts to alter reality with some interesting effects.
    lkEpiRt.jpg

aTEwRlO.jpg

jKgdUt4.jpg

Vo4K0Vy.jpg

JLA #1 J'onn and Steve have a conversation
    PhkwNB6.jpg

Km0goY5.jpg

IrWpBgf.jpg

Ultimate Comics The Ultimates #21 Scorpio Revealed! Commander Crimson takes control of the Torch (which is another infinity Gem, there appears to be 8 gems/two gauntlets in the ultimate verse)
    mtmuPqz.jpg

nmbb92l.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Its kind of sad that the majority of DC's storylines revolve around this pseudo-Watchmen "We must police our heroes" nonsense.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • ryvenryven Registered User regular
    martian manhunter doesnt seem too cuddly

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    ryven wrote: »
    martian manhunter doesnt seem too cuddly

He hasn't had any oreos all day and his blood sugars are a bit low.

Excellent segue for this delightful webcomic from this week!

tumblr_mii2b6SBOq1r7ni1io1_1280_zps6820056e.jpg

Those two are such brats. :rotate:

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    The look on J'onn's face when he does that though...lol

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    If you're not reading JL8 you are missing out on something beautiful.
    Read it from the beginning. he does an excellent job of translating the personas into grade school

The interaction between the heroes and villians on the school yard was sad and fun at the same time

• SinogueSinogue Registered User regular
    Did Uncanny X-Force #2 come out this week or not? I certainly didn't see it at my LCS, and it should have been in my pull anyway. Marvel's website has it as a 2/20/13 release though. Did it get delayed, or did I just miss it this week?

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Sinogue wrote: »
    Did Uncanny X-Fo rce #2 come out this week or not? I certainly didn't see it at my LCS, and it should have been in my pull anyway. Marvel's website has it as a 2/20/13 release though. Did it get delayed, or did I just miss it this week?

Looks like its coming out next week?

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    So, this weeks moments

Saga was awesome. Obviously.

Nova #1 was... not so bad. It was okay. The art was lovely, Sam is an engaging character and though the continuity and so on is fucked as we know, I did like the raw elements of the story, a dead beat dad lost in his glory days, a kid who has to take responsibility to live up to it, and a family that loves each other but has it's own struggles. I thought that was cool. So I will keep reading, because I want to find out what happens to Sam. Also, Gamora has her old costume. I'm a terrible, awful person, yes, but I like that costume far, far more than her new terrible one. So that's cool.

Thor: God of Thunder was fantastic and I love how huge and epic it feels. The reveal of what happened in the cave was actually interesting and added a new element to Gorr. Really loving this book, one of the best of Marvel NOW, in part because of how great the art is.

Wonder Woman is one of the very few DC books I am still reading, and for good reason. Nothing to say that hasn't been said before, though the art is not by Chiang this issue which is a shame, as he was one of the best things about the new series.

X-O Manowar! Woo! I have been loving this series, and I also picked up the first trade of Harbinger which I thought was pretty cool as well. Valiant's restart is doing very well and I hope it continues to do so.

• tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    So... Saga #10... You guys recommend and recommend and recommend to read this comic. So, I start to read it. I enjoy it. I start to care about the characters. About the story. The narrative. Then #10... that ending... ... ... ... ...

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448