As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Step off my [Vice Thread]

123457»

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2013
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    My vices are putting off important shit and sleeping. I think I learned both of them from my mother, but since I started working more while going to college I am learning what real time management actually feels like.

Protip to procrastinators: For me I have realized why breaking tasks into chunks is so unattractive; you have to delay the satisfaction of completion multiple times. Of course you work well under pressure, because you know at 3 am that paper will be done and you can be proud that you really did something and you can show it. So it is really hard to work on your paper for 30 minutes while your baked zitti is cooking and leave it because "oh my god I didn't finish it that was a waste of time I shoulda played a round of lol instead".

This might be really obvious information but realizing it for myself really helped me out.

Yeah, this is pretty much me also. I can multitask to some extent, but I much prefer to focus on something to completion. When I'm cooking, especially when I'm doing prep like cutting up meat or chopping veggies, I tend to brush Usagi off more if she's trying to talk to me because I want to get it done and out of the way. Fortunately we communicate well and I can explain that I'm just focused and not upset with her and she understands.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    geth doesn't though dru

why won't you speak

with the one who seeks

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    It's just what Australia calls cream soda.

We actually have creamy soda as well as creaming soda.

They are different.

broken image link
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

They are different.

Australia is truly the mouth of madness.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

They are different.

ah, thanks for the clarification!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Specifically, creaming is ping and kind of raspberry flavour, but creamy is brown and vanilla flavour.

Dunno what proper cream soda is like.

broken image link
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

They are different.

Australia is truly the mouth of deliciousness.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    SE++ is my only vice

well, that and 4-aco-dmt, jimson weed, pure dextroamphetamine, and hobo murder

sig.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    SE++ is my only vice

249px-Bum3.jpg

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    SE++ is my only vice

all fantastic choices

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    toss i respect your opinion so much man

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    My vices are putting off important shit and sleeping. I think I learned both of them from my mother, but since I started working more while going to college I am learning what real time management actually feels like.

Protip to procrastinators: For me I have realized why breaking tasks into chunks is so unattractive; you have to delay the satisfaction of completion multiple times. Of course you work well under pressure, because you know at 3 am that paper will be done and you can be proud that you really did something and you can show it. So it is really hard to work on your paper for 30 minutes while your baked zitti is cooking and leave it because "oh my god I didn't finish it that was a waste of time I shoulda played a round of lol instead".

This might be really obvious information but realizing it for myself really helped me out.

Yeah, this is pretty much me also. I can multitask to some extent, but I much prefer to focus on something to completion. When I'm cooking, especially when I'm doing prep like cutting up meat or chopping veggies, I tend to brush Usagi off more if she's trying to talk to me because I want to get it done and out of the way. Fortunately we communicate well and I can explain that I'm just focused and not upset with her and she understands.

I can relate to all of this.

Except when you cook it looks great, when I cook it reminds me that all my improv should stay in the rehearsal

• Options
    toss i respect your opinion so much man

let's hang out and murder some hobos

sig.png
  • Options
    serious though I was real bummed you couldn't make it to Nevs that one time

where are you located nowadays?

sig.png