As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UNiCOMICS Arty thingys!

UNiCOMICSUNiCOMICS Registered User regular
edited March 2013 in Artist's Corner
Hello there! I was here a while ago showing some new stuff I have been working because I have been doing some kool comic stuff and I hope I have improved on my arty skillage I hope.. anyways ARTS and stuff

tumblr_mixks6eDm11qgamwzo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mezk2fkThE1qgamwzo1_1280.png

tumblr_mdf3qjAJnA1qgamwzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcx7v3GzdI1qgamwzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mbxok2OEkn1qgamwzo1_1280.jpg

anyways Its good to be back, been wanting to come back just been mega busy and all, but I wanted to come back to improve on my art skills and make some new and awesome friends!
so yeah ENJOY!!

UNi

UNiCOMICS on

• Options
    SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    hmm there is some really varying styles here.

i like the last 2 the most, they actually seem to be of a higher skill level than the rest. the first and third one are kind of getting killed by sloppy black lines that really dont need to be there.

some of them work with the line work like the 2nd one because it has a simple cell shade thing, but when you render more realistically black lines just kill the depth and steal the attention away from whats going on inside the lines.

not to say that lines always look bad on a rendered piece but they have to be used very cleverly and subtly, like in darker areas they can thicker but in areas bathed in light they should be really thin or not there at all.

so basically if your gonna use lines go for very simplistic shading, if not then dont.

• Options
    UNiCOMICSUNiCOMICS Registered User regular
    thanks man yeah I'm still getting to grips with the line work but thanks for the crit its always welcome :)

• Options
    kkrieselkkriesel artist Milwaukee, WIRegistered User new member
    The figures in your first and third pieces have slight disproportions. The first one's head and torso seem way too big for her ankles and feet (that's a common mistake). As for the third, her hips and breasts/shoulders don't match up: either make the top smaller or the bottom bigger.
    You demonstrate movement, stance and atmosphere very well. I particularly enjoy the last one, both in style and in technique.

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    #2 and #4 are tight man.