As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Weeks away check list

2»

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Let's play this game again while we're at it:

SECTION III - During PAX Pt. 1
    1. How to not stink up the place

This is a serious concern at PAX. Their conservative estimates this year place attendance at 30,000. That's more than the populations of any of the UK's six least populous cities. Make sure you shower before you do anything else that day. Also, use anti-persperant, not just regular deodorant. It has to prevent you from sweating in the first place, because no amount of fragrances can even begin to cover the smell without mixing with it and making it worse. Don't just put it on your armpits, either, apply that shit anywhere you sweat, anywhere. You're going to start the day outside, in line, in the hot, August sun, then spend the rest of the day fairly close to a lot of people indoors. We're hoping the WSCTC's air conditioning system has the power of three nuclear generators behind it, or we may all be doomed.

I Loled at the 'Hot August Sun' part... One of the reasons I look forward to PAX is because its not hot there in August. I remember standing outside in '05 waiting for the doors to open hearing people bitch about the heat when it was only in the 80's. Thats good fucking weather right there. Be glad the convention isn't in Southern California or Arizona or anything, otherwise the smell would be even worse.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Let's play this game again while we're at it:

SECTION III - During PAX Pt. 1
    1. How to not stink up the place

This is a serious concern at PAX. Their conservative estimates this year place attendance at 30,000. That's more than the populations of any of the UK's six least populous cities. Make sure you shower before you do anything else that day. Also, use anti-persperant, not just regular deodorant. It has to prevent you from sweating in the first place, because no amount of fragrances can even begin to cover the smell without mixing with it and making it worse. Don't just put it on your armpits, either, apply that shit anywhere you sweat, anywhere. You're going to start the day outside, in line, in the hot, August sun, then spend the rest of the day fairly close to a lot of people indoors. We're hoping the WSCTC's air conditioning system has the power of three nuclear generators behind it, or we may all be doomed.

I Loled at the 'Hot August Sun' part... One of the reasons I look forward to PAX is because its not hot there in August. I remember standing outside in '05 waiting for the doors to open hearing people bitch about the heat when it was only in the 80's. Thats good fucking weather right there. Be glad the convention isn't in Southern California or Arizona or anything, otherwise the smell would be even worse.

As a local to Arizona I am fucking glad PAX isn't held down here when it get's to be 110 degrees. I would have to invest in a gas mask from an Army Surplus store.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    AltairJr wrote: »
    truth be told, i don't know if Costco even sells axe. I've only seen Old Spice and Adidas

yes. they sell axe.

xxhennersxx on
This discussion has been closed.