As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] Will I ever update the community list?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It really has been fun having a place that lacks pessimism even while being realistic about the Wii U.

That said.. It just made me giddy to see the Injustice: Gods Among Us splash page with a Wii U logo on it. I'm SO buying this game on the Wii U, as Mortal Kombat on the 360 was a bit of a slog due to unresponsive controls.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    It really has been fun having a place that lacks pessimism even while being realistic about the Wii U.

That said.. It just made me giddy to see the Injustice: Gods Among Us splash page with a Wii U logo on it. I'm SO buying this game on the Wii U, as Mortal Kombat on the 360 was a bit of a slog due to unresponsive controls.

Yeah, can't wait. I've had it preorered since the Wii U version was announced. Been on a media blackout as well.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    What's really damned sad? For all I've been hearing about for the last few months about how the Wii U is dying, how everyone's waiting for the next great thing, and how there are no good games for the system...

Well.. I mean, between the 3DS and the Wii U, I've got about 10 games I want to buy in the next month. And I'm moving and trying to save up for a car, so I really, REALLY can't. But I wanna! >.<

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Injustice is 60fps on the Wii U right? I heard it on the last Nintendo Direct. Is it the same for the other versions?

edzepp on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    I'm not against a Miiverse thread, considering the amount of interesting shit that gets put on Miiverse it could even get rather fun, but I personally feel like I want something a bit more than that. Oh well, I can't think of anything else right now that would have much merit on its own (I thought a Nintendo Direct thread seemed like a good idea up until the point where I realised it's basically another megathread as well), so yeah. We'll see where the "Community", as it were, ends up in a couple of weeks.

I like the Miiverse. But I do miss a generalised "Wii U" community where people can just talk about the system and what they want for it.

Also, the amount of fanart produced on the Zelda community is insane.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So Fortune Street arrived yesterday from NewEgg.

And I promptly lost around 5 hours of my life on it.

I'm terrible at it, but as someone that grew up loving Monopoly and had nobody to play with, this scratches that itch perfectly.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    I will miss this thread. *tips a cup of koolaid on the curb* I hope they don't localize DQX, I don't think my bank account could handle that... (please squenix, do it)

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    According to CAG, Target has a B2G1F sale on all videogames from 3/17-3/23

Just in time for Lego City, Need for Speed, and Monster Hunter.
    Though I'll probably swap out Monster Hunter for NG3, AC3, or TTT2 in that trifecta, assuming I even take advantage of said sale.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular

Not exactly mindblowing I suppose, but it looks good to me. Free online and they might be on to something for a Western release.

Also, as a quick note on the side about the character classes shown off... That gal who looks like a musketeer? Class is called "Mageknight", and the absolute thighsocks on that particular uniform are actually unisex - guys get to look absolutely fabulous in them as well, which caused a great deal of confusion among the english speaking audience once initial footage hit youtube. I found the reactions quite amusing, personally.

:D

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    AgahnimAgahnim Registered User regular
    Gentlemen, it has been an honor and a pleasure.

2.jpg
    3DS FC: 2148-8300-8608 WiiU: AgahnimD
  • Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    Yeah, Dragon Quest 10 looks good if it didn't have a monthly fee attached to it. Free online supported by DLC downloads...I could get behind that I think if I enjoyed the game.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    H*R wrote: »
    Yeah, Dragon Quest 10 looks good if it didn't have a monthly fee attached to it. Free online supported by DLC downloads...I could get behind that I think if I enjoyed the game.

Maybe... just maybe... if it is released in the west and published by Nintendo...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Maybe... just maybe... if it is released in the west and published by Nintendo...

That'd be like a Nintendo Miracle!

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular

Think I'd feel good about that as well. Maybe a multi-tiered model where you get some DLC free, some is pay-for, maybe some games could be sold a little cheaper but have restricted online access...

I think they need some continuous source of revenue though to keep the servers up and running. Apparently Japan is getting really good service on that front, but I'm not so sure a Western release will go as smooth. We'll see how they handle Monster Hunter servers though, how they handle them might serve as an indicator towards what kind of support you might expect for DQX (well, if it ever makes it over).

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I'm not sure we should start a conversation on what would be great in dragon quest X when this thread will be closed in about a day. What if we get caught up MID-WAY THROUGH? And are never able to resolve our conversation?

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Quical wrote: »
    I'm not sure we should start a conversation on what would be great in dragon quest X when this thread will be closed in about a day. What if we get caught up MID-WAY THROUGH? And are never able to resolve our conversation?

Move it to a Dragon Quest thread then! :)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Occupy Wii-U Thread!

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Nintendo fans are the 99%

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    Woohoo! I finally got my repaired WiiU back, now I can join the WiiU thread again... wait....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Newegg deleted my wiiU order, it doesn't even show up in my account history. plan B activate. I'll join you all soon

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I went in with the intention of buying Spider Man and Best Buy didn't have it.

Their loss I suppose. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So I went in with the intention of buying Spider Man and Best Buy didn't have it.

Their loss I suppose. :(

Yeah it looks like they're not stocking it.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Recommend me some games. I have only New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.

And go.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

And go.

ZombiU is every bit as good as people say it is, and it really takes advantage of the controller.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Sonic Racing for sure. Probably Need for Speed and Lego City in a few weeks. Runner 2 is a good downloadable.

• Options
    If you own a Wii U and have 40 cents or so, everyone should be buying the Virtual Console celebration games. And yes, you can "pay the difference on credit card" so you only spend that much.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

And go.

I maintain that Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper is a pretty good game. If you like Warriors titles.

Arkham City was also pretty neat.

And, of course, LEGO City Undercover looks like it's shaping up well.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Runner 2

I got Scribblenauts Unlimited and I loved it and it was worth the price but you can get it so much cheaper on Steam unfortunately. It's hard to recommend it to a Wii U owner.

• Options
    Damn, I want this...

dragon_quest_x_wii_u_bundle.jpg?w=625&h=387

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Almost picked up Batman today for $30 but I ended up passing on it.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    A pro controller and a game I'd want to play? Sign me up! (In English please)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    God damn I haven't seen a Game Boy printer in so long. I think I used to own one? I vaguely remember playing around with the thermo paper...

But yeah. He brings up valid points. I really can't wait to get a bigger battery, and it does suck that it'll probably never be a mainstream console.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Honestly if the neXtBox is similar to the PS4 I think I'll be glad not to be a "mainstream" gamer/console user. The features sounded like the exact OPPOSITE of what I want out of a game console (besides its ability to play some purdy games).

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    http://shop.lego.com/en-US/High-Speed-Chase-60007

lego-city-police-60007-high-speed-chase-add-500x500.jpg
    Includes 3 minifigures: Chase McCain™, burglar and an Elite Police motorcycle officer with handcuffs
    Features Elite Police vehicle, Elite Police motorcycle and a sports car
    Also includes spike strip, police barrier, traffic cone, gold bar and money bills
    Includes dark blue LEGO® City Elite Police elements
    Use the unique code included with the set to unlock special missions and vehicles in the LEGO® City Undercover video game!
    Deploy the spike strip!
    Slap the cuffs on the burglar!
    Elite Police vehicle measures over 2" (7cm) high, 5" (13cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide
    Elite Police motorcycle measures over 1" (4cm) high, 2" (6cm) long and 1" (4cm) wide
    Burglar sports car measures over 1" (4cm) high, 4" (12cm) long and 1" (5cm) wide

Got the game on Friday, and I'm not complaining at all, but I do wish that I had one of these sets to try out the code thing with.

My big question is whether all LEGO City toys work with the game (I heard that the license plate numbers were the codes), or only the Chase McCain ones-- of which I've only seen that one, and maybe one other.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    You already have it? Well, if someone makes a thread for it I'd love to hear what you think about it.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter being imminent I finally decided it was time to order me up one of these fancy Wii U thingamabobs.

Excited!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Edge gave Lego City a 5 apparently, but Game Informer gave it an 8. Which score is more representative when it comes to Lego games in general?

This discussion has been closed.