As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Pre-JJ Foley's-Gamenight Dinner Tues 3/19

trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
Hey folks, wanted to gauge interest in meeting up for an early-ish dinner before heading over to JJ Foley's Tuesday 3/19.

Reservation is made at Stoddard's (48 temple street - walking distance to foley's) for 5:30pm.

Menu:
http://stoddardsfoodandale.com/index2.php?action=2&section=4&menu=12

trinistand on

• Options
    AnZenAngeAnZenAnge Boston!Registered User regular
    Just a heads-up, Tuesdays are trivia night at jm Curleys, so they're usually pretty packed. But, if you get there early, it's doable, plus trivia would be a fun activity, too (but it would definitely run late). Still, it may be tough for a large group, since jm Curleys doesn't have the largest space.

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'd say 5, to make sure we have time to make it over to Foley's by 6:30. Sign me +1 up!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    Good call. Thanks for the info. More and more I'm thinking just go to Chinatown and be done with it :)

But I was trying to find a place with better beer ;)

• Options
    Okay, I'm gonna list a few places I have experience with (that also have good and/or reasonably priced alcohol, haha). There's Stoddard's nearby (which is pretty pricey -- but everything is really good). There's also SideBar... not nearly as classy as Stoddard's of jm Curleys, but it's cheap and good, in my experience. Fajitas and Ritas is also a cheap option with lots of space!

Also, I tend to get out of work late, but I was planning to head to JJ Foley's anyway, so I'd definitely want to stop by for this, if I have time! Tentative +2 :)

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely in. Willing to go anywhere. :-)

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    In.

Just let me know what the definitive time is so I can get out of the office early.

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    AnZenAnge wrote: »
    Okay, I'm gonna list a few places I have experience with (that also have good and/or reasonably priced alcohol, haha). There's Stoddard's nearby (which is pretty pricey -- but everything is really good). There's also SideBar... not nearly as classy as Stoddard's of jm Curleys, but it's cheap and good, in my experience. Fajitas and Ritas is also a cheap option with lots of space!

Also, I tend to get out of work late, but I was planning to head to JJ Foley's anyway, so I'd definitely want to stop by for this, if I have time! Tentative +2 :)

Stoddard's sounds really good to me. How big's the location?

• Options
    Not huge, but big enough. Fills a bit with the after-work Happy Hour crowd, but there should still be plenty of tables.

Either way, you'd want to make a res a few days in advance.
    Also, you've significantly increased my chances of skipping out of work early and joining you all by choosing Stoddard's, haha. They always have excellent beer on tap, and they make a damned good cocktail.
    Increase my chances to a "Probable +2."

• Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Sounds delish to me . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    Alright, I figure next thursday 3/15 I'll tally up the interest parties and call ahead.

• Options
    SashanSashan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    me + Baka Al and we are intending to head to the JJ Foley's later on so it makes perfect sense to grab some dinner and some beers here. Landing around 13.30 so unless crazily delayed flying out of UK might as well count us as definite.

Sashan on
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    It's a possibility for me. I have very little planned on Monday and Tuesday short of job searching, which isn't all that exciting.

• Options
    By my count, 11 so far. I'll probably over-reserve just in case.

• Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Might as well get my PAX week started right, so I'm in too.

• Options
    sudokensudoken Registered User regular
    Im in

Pax East: 3 Day [X] Hotel [X] Time off [X]
  • Options
    EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Go ahead and add me. I'm going to PAX solo this year so I'd love to meet all of you!

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • Options
    bandersneebandersnee Registered User regular
    That's right on the way home from dropping the kids off at school, and it's spring break so there are no classes to teach. I've got no reason not to come!

• Options
    Alright, put in a reservation for 15 for 5:30pm Tuesday 3/19

See you all there!

• Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I'll do my best to make it to this one.

• Options
    There's a very good chance we're going to overflow the space set aside for us (and I can't revise the reservation higher) so if you're there on the earlier side, I'd suggest grabbing a seat at the bar first just in case.

• Options
    Well me and Baka Al will prob aim to be there at 5 - and enjoy a few beers that are well deserved after our 3.30am start of the day here in UK. :)

• Options
    NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Okay, I'm working out my schedule now and the venue isn't far away from where I'm going to be though I might be later than 6:30. We'll see what kind of day I have. ;)

• Options
    Sashan wrote: »
    Well me and Baka Al will prob aim to be there at 5 - and enjoy a few beers that are well deserved after our 3.30am start of the day here in UK. :)

The UK eh? Whereabouts? Are you whisky fans perchance? :)

• Options
    trinistand wrote: »

We are coming from Nottingham (flying in from Heathrow though of course) - Baka Al? I think he drinks whisky on occasion.

Myself? I aspired to love it, but that didn't happen unfortunately!

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    If I'm correct, Stoddard's has a downstairs that is typically pretty empty. Also, they have good cask-conditioned ales

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular

Well, I am partial to a wee dram of good whisky on occasion
    You know of any place in Boston with a good selection?

• Options
    There's a few places around and there's a great store somewhat nearby. Was debating asking you guys a favor ;) there's a ton of whisky one can't get stateside

• Options
    There's a few places around and there's a great store somewhat nearby. Was debating asking you guys a favor ;) there's a ton of whisky one can't get stateside

If you don't ask you don't get! So ask away (I am assuming it is bring over a bottle of something in particular?)

• Options
    douglasbouttelldouglasbouttell Glasgow, UKRegistered User regular
    Not been checking the forums as much as I should have been this time around. I would like to throw my hat in the ring since I am spending a few extra days in Boston.
    3.30am? See this is why I am going the day before!
    Since I am a born and breed Scot, it is a given I am a whisky fan.

Douglas Bouttell: Geek, Engineer, Weirdo

PAX East 2013 Status
    Hotel: Waterfront Westin; Flight: Booked; Pass: Purchased; Suitcase: Packed

PAX Prime 2012 Status: Level Complete
    TWDT'12: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options

That is on the 19th March though - so plenty of time before actual PAX starts!

• Options

That is on the 19th March though - so plenty of time before actual PAX starts!
    I am just not a morning person, if you can sleep on the flight over the pond you should be ok.

PAX East 2013 Status

• Options
    PMing you Sashan. I wish I lived in the UK, especially for this whiskey habit :)

• Options
    Not been checking the forums as much as I should have been this time around. I would like to throw my hat in the ring since I am spending a few extra days in Boston.
    Since I am a born and breed Scot, it is a given I am a whisky fan.

If I remember right, there aren't a ton of whisky bars (or rather, bars with a good selection of whisky) nearby Foleys. @arsonisfun may know.

• Options
    If I remember right, there aren't a ton of whisky bars (or rather, bars with a good selection of whisky) nearby Foleys. @arsonisfun may know.

No worries. I know I am not too far away from Whisky places when I am home.

PAX East 2013 Status

• Options

No worries. I know I am not too far away from Whisky places when I am home.

I'm incredibly jealous :)

• Options
    Arrived at airport to be hit with a 3hr delay right off the bat.

So we land at like 4.30pm. So hopefully be there but late so prob just as u are leaving for foleys. Is the reservation under a particular name?

• Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Can't make it tonight guys. Homework and papers...

• Options
    Arrived at airport to be hit with a 3hr delay right off the bat.

So we land at like 4.30pm. So hopefully be there but late so prob just as u are leaving for foleys. Is the reservation under a particular name?

My flight was also delayed but we made up an hour or so in the air, so we landed on time. Maybe you'll get in about 3:30?

PAX East 2013 Status

• Options
    Also, would anyone be willing to hang out with me today? I am at a loss at what to do.

(Sorry for double post)

PAX East 2013 Status

• Options
    EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Also, would anyone be willing to hang out with me today? I am at a loss at what to do.

(Sorry for double post)

I might be able to show up to Stoddard's a little early if you're interested.

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24