Options

[chat]muting

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Also I shaved my beard off

I think permanently this time

I'm pretty sure it was a direct (negative) reflection of my mood

Imprecise grooming habits a vague indicator of lack of motivation?

Nah

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I made a terrible mistake of trying to improve my body by going to the fun. The weather is buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutts.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Hey look there's a big long conversation about waiting in line longer than necessary to buy a soda, and I spent 3 hours at the DMV today just for my yearly tag renewal.

I have no fucks to give.

Your state doesn't let you do it online?

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    it's also a shame that because of some dumb stereotypes there are plenty of women who believe that men are either attracted or repulsed by them

like saying "i don't think of you like that" is the same as saying "haha no way hose you fat, ugly hieffer"

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    it's also a shame that because of some dumb stereotypes there are plenty of women who believe that men are either attracted or repulsed by them

like saying "i don't think of you like that" is the same as saying "haha no way hose you fat, ugly hieffer"

Hmm I like the second response better.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I made a terrible mistake of trying to improve my body by going to the fun. The weather is buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutts.

What's the fun.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    You don't owe people contact.

Aren't you going to PAX?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i would not pensi a girl unless she has a 2:1:2 b:w:h ratio sry guyz

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    if logic and reasonable discourse is represented by diplomatic communication between South Korea and the U.S.

Thanatos is North Korea

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

Thanks! The other one was a couple of years old so I figured it was time for a change. It's Ornstein the Dragonslayer from Dark Souls in case anyone is wondering.

And @Sarksus yeah I know Planetside 2 is annoying you. Like I said before I can understand if it's not your thing. I personally love it, but again it's more about the bigger picture and gigantic tactical battles in a platoon. On a small scale it's not going to be as smooth as other FPSs, but I'm not much of a competitive FPS player so it doesn't bother me.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    im considering doing shrooms and having some anonymous sex with floozies

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Donglegate and all the reaction to it is a microcosm of everything I hate about the tech community.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    @organichu @tomewyrm @variable beast and I are in the convention waiting for a panel but we probably won't get in. If not shall we find you?

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    if logic and reasonable discourse is represented by diplomatic communication between South Korea and the U.S.

Thanatos is North Korea

idgi

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Also I shaved my beard off

I think permanently this time

I'm pretty sure it was a direct (negative) reflection of my mood

Imprecise grooming habits a vague indicator of lack of motivation?

Nah

Come get it electrolyzed with me

We can be "AAHHHHH GOD WHAT THE FUCK STOP IT STOPPPPP" buddies!

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Hey look there's a big long conversation about waiting in line longer than necessary to buy a soda, and I spent 3 hours at the DMV today just for my yearly tag renewal.

I have no fucks to give.

They claim that they do but it has never worked for me. It doesn't even give me a good reason, it's just that when I try it's like "Sorry but we cannot process your renewal online, go wait in line."

I could understand if there was some change like a new vehicle or even new insurance policy or something, but nope. Same shit every year and it never works online.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Casual wrote: »

Sex stereotypes are the worst, except for all those other stereotypes.

• Options
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

Thanks! The other one was a couple of years old so I figured it was time for a change. It's Ornstein the Dragonslayer from Dark Souls in case anyone is wondering.

And @Sarksus yeah I know Planetside 2 is annoying you. Like I said before I can understand if it's not your thing. I personally love it, but again it's more about the bigger picture and gigantic tactical battles in a platoon. On a small scale it's not going to be as smooth as other FPSs, but I'm not much of a competitive FPS player so it doesn't bother me.

I tried finding a squad and there weren't any ;( I'll try again later

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I want shrooms.

• Options

I have no fucks to give.

They claim that they do but it has never worked for me. It doesn't even give me a good reason, it's just that when I try it's like "Sorry but we cannot process your renewal online, go wait in line."

I could understand if there was some change like a new vehicle or even new insurance policy or something, but nope. Same shit every year and it never works online.

that sux bro

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    You know what would be cool in a game? Instead of just choosing your actions, you also choose how your character reacts to those actions on an emotional level.

That would be pretty cool.

But, I guess, a lot of branching required.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Donglegate and all the reaction to it is a microcosm of everything I hate about the tech community.
    I've been reading a lot about this and it is very frustrating.

First off: No one should have been fired. Not even Richards.
    Second off: The joke was not sexist. Immature? Perhaps, but not sexist.
    Third off: Jesus Christ no one should have been fired I mean holy shit.
    Fourth off: Adria Richards is a hypocrite who has made dick jokes on her own twitter and has asserted that blacks cannot be racist towards whites. While this is not the norm, it is patently untrue. I do not like hypocrites.

Fifth: JESUS CHRIST WHY DID EVERYONE GET FIRED HOLY SHIT

• Options
    Richard Garriott is still a thing??

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

Join an outfit! Usually outfits will have squads/platoons that are open to the public and then you can get in their teamspeak and then join up with the outfit or whatever.

Once again, though, it's been a while (as in several major patches) since I've played. I plan on jumping back in soon but right now I'm trying to make my way through Bioshock 2 before Infinite comes out.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

Thanatos is North Korea
    I don't think there's anything unreasonable about what I'm saying.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I once went to buy a soda at the mall at one of those news stands. I only had like $2 on me, the soda was $2.50... alright, I go to pay with my card, "Sorry it's a $5 minimum."

"Got anything behind there to make it $5, can I just go grab another soda?"
    "You're holding up my line."

So I went to the subway right next to him and stared him right in the eyes as I got a 85 cent soda and paid with a card.

Basically, fuck people who sell stuff.
    So... you didn't check to make sure you had enough money to buy what you wanted, and you didn't grab some extra stuff before you got in line to hit the $5 minimum, but that's his fault?
    To be fair, that clerk sounded like a dick.
    If I were in line behind Bowen, I would have been pissed.

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

Why? Are you pissed at people in front of you when they mistype their PIN and apologize while having to do it a second time?
    Likely one of those people who assumes cash is faster. Up here you're lucky if the cashier can figure out how to count change quicker than I can hit "credit" on the keypad.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but no. What I think is faster is telling you to go away rather than waiting around for you to figure out what you need to buy because you weren't paying attention to what you were doing.
    Why is it important to your quality of life that everyone around you is maximally efficient and doesn't inconvenience you whatsoever.
    People are often annoyed when activities that are uninteresting but necessary are made more time consuming than they need to be.
    But the extra time involved is so tiny.
    I meant just in general.

When extra time crosses the threshold into inconvenience is kind of subjective.

Plus the whole thing of many people causing small delays adding up overall.
    I think this is what frustrates me about the buses, too. People riding like assholes causes all of the buses to get backed up, and become late. In addition, they do it every fucking day, which does add up quite a bit over time.

I've only got one life, and I'd rather keep the amount of it wasted by waiting on fuckfaces to figure out that they need to have their fare ready before they get on the bus kept to a minimum.

This is why I love London's Oyster system. Network West Midlands keep talking about implementing a similar thing here but it always devolves into a fight about who pays for it.

Of course, one interesting side effect is that people become even less tolerant of people that create queues and cause delays.

• Options
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

Join an outfit! Usually outfits will have squads/platoons that are open to the public and then you can get in their teamspeak and then join up with the outfit or whatever.

Once again, though, it's been a while (as in several major patches) since I've played. I plan on jumping back in soon but right now I'm trying to make my way through Bioshock 2 before Infinite comes out.

Ugh I don't want to interact so closely with people. Maybe after I get on medication and stop being anti-social.

• Options
    My state has an arbitrary rule that you can only renew your license online every other time when the moon is crimson or some shit. I don't even bother.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

sadly yes

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

He made someone uncomfortable enough that they complained.
    She could not effectively do her job in Developer Relations anymore.

• Options

sadly yes

Hah oh man. What in the what. Why does everyone want to make MMOs, why can't there be just multiplayer RPGs? I've realized that MMO is just a fancy way to say "Here, play this game with a bunch of people you hate."

• Options
    I've been reading a lot about this and it is very frustrating.

First off: No one should have been fired. Not even Richards.
    Second off: The joke was not sexist. Immature? Perhaps, but not sexist.
    Third off: Jesus Christ no one should have been fired I mean holy shit.
    Fourth off: Adria Richards is a hypocrite who has made dick jokes on her own twitter and has asserted that blacks cannot be racist towards whites. While this is not the norm, it is patently untrue. I do not like hypocrites.

"Blacks can't be racist towards whites" and stuff like that is basically people taking the academic definition of racism, which is more properly called institutionalized racism, and attempting to use it in casual arenas by simply asserting that it's correct.

It's like a scientist going off on someone for saying they have a theory for why a friends' car isn't starting, except somehow also designed to piss everyone off and be smugly superior.

• Options
    My state has an arbitrary rule that you can only renew your license online every other time when the moon is crimson or some shit. I don't even bother.

This reminds me to check the blog, and it looks like Terraria is coming out on Tuesday, whee!

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

He made someone uncomfortable enough that they complained.
    She could not effectively do her job in Developer Relations anymore.

That's kind of a nice karmic rebound there.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

Ugh I don't want to interact so closely with people. Maybe after I get on medication and stop being anti-social.

That seems like too much work

Just drink a lot of champagne

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Garriott is still a thing in the same way a celebrity like oh say roswell's shiri appleby is still a thing when nude pics of her were leaked to the public.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

I actually know that feeling all too well. We should look at the PA outfits that exist. I was perusing the G&T thread (in the MMO subforum) and it looks like there is actually a TR on Connery outfit but it doesn't seem to be active right now. I believe the most popular PA outfit is VS on Waterson. Either way I definitely want a more laid back outfit because I hate the "hardcore raiding guild" mentality where a game feels more like an obligation than fun.

Plan B: We make our own 2-man platoon. Flash ATVs and shotguns only. No items. Final destination.

• Options
    I donated to Shroud of the Avatar, fuck you all Lord British for life

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I once went to buy a soda at the mall at one of those news stands. I only had like $2 on me, the soda was $2.50... alright, I go to pay with my card, "Sorry it's a $5 minimum."

"Got anything behind there to make it $5, can I just go grab another soda?"
    "You're holding up my line."

So I went to the subway right next to him and stared him right in the eyes as I got a 85 cent soda and paid with a card.

Basically, fuck people who sell stuff.
    So... you didn't check to make sure you had enough money to buy what you wanted, and you didn't grab some extra stuff before you got in line to hit the $5 minimum, but that's his fault?
    To be fair, that clerk sounded like a dick.
    If I were in line behind Bowen, I would have been pissed.

And not at the clerk.
    ? Really?

Why? Are you pissed at people in front of you when they mistype their PIN and apologize while having to do it a second time?
    Likely one of those people who assumes cash is faster. Up here you're lucky if the cashier can figure out how to count change quicker than I can hit "credit" on the keypad.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth, but no. What I think is faster is telling you to go away rather than waiting around for you to figure out what you need to buy because you weren't paying attention to what you were doing.
    Why is it important to your quality of life that everyone around you is maximally efficient and doesn't inconvenience you whatsoever.
    People are often annoyed when activities that are uninteresting but necessary are made more time consuming than they need to be.
    But the extra time involved is so tiny.
    I meant just in general.

When extra time crosses the threshold into inconvenience is kind of subjective.

Plus the whole thing of many people causing small delays adding up overall.
    I think this is what frustrates me about the buses, too. People riding like assholes causes all of the buses to get backed up, and become late. In addition, they do it every fucking day, which does add up quite a bit over time.

I've only got one life, and I'd rather keep the amount of it wasted by waiting on fuckfaces to figure out that they need to have their fare ready before they get on the bus kept to a minimum.

This is why I love London's Oyster system. Network West Midlands keep talking about implementing a similar thing here but it always devolves into a fight about who pays for it.

Of course, one interesting side effect is that people become even less tolerant of people that create queues and cause delays.
    Seattle has a similar system called ORCA. And yes, I have gotten less tolerant of people creating delays since that started.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Nocturne!

I like your avatar!

This may just be me being captain obvious but you realize the best course is medication and therapy/support group yes?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.